Khamzat is so good that

Was discussing with my friend how rd 1 was a 10-8, he thinks it's nuts that it was 10-8. I explained Total Strikes landed in rd 1 were 61-5, significant strikes 16-3, 1 submission attempt and then less importantly 4:35m of control time. He still thinks it shouldn't have been a 10-8, 10-8's are just supposed to be clearly dominant rds and that was a super dominant rd. Clear 10-8 imo.

I don't like the application of 10-8 in MMA. In boxing, where the 10 point system comes from, if there is no knockdown a 10-8 is reserved for a round where a real beating took place. That's different from a dominant round. Riding someones back for 5 minutes isn't a beating imo and doesn't derserve the bonus point, it's just an easy to score round

thats not the definition of ragdolling. he had his hooks in for a round, and didnt do anything else with that. got dumped, maintained the hooks. third round he gets a takedown, but can't do any damage, or pass half guard. that is not rag dolling at all.
<Huh2>

we're talking about the guy who has the strongest TD defense in all of mma

Usman was in a fight camp and in great shape.

Usman literally said, verbatim "I got off the couch" and that he was not prepared for an MMA fight at all.

Why are you making shit up to argue against some absurd point?

Not that it would need to be explained taking a fight on zero days notice to fly to the opposite end of the world puts you at a disadvantage. Khamzat looked great in the first round and completely average in the 2nd and 3rd. If the fight was 5 rounds and Usman was prepared, I would probably bet money on Usman scoring a TKO.

"take down at will" is a joke, he had horrible / sloppy take downs from a mile away in the 2nd and 3rd and started getting stuffed with ease. If Usman was prepared, he would have had better awareness and counter wrestling and cardio. Khamzat is a very special talent that is still unrefined. He has plenty of time to fix his problems.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

khamzat really proved that hes a monster, winning with a broken hand after r1 against an elite fighter wrestler
a true warrior rise up when the going get tough, he aced it
hope his doctor fix his hand good and we will see him well again

Blame his idiot dickriders like yourself TS.

Before the fight you were all taking bets on how many seconds Usman would last vs Khamzat before he got finished. Not rounds, not minutes, SECONDS.

So yeah, when he doesn't finish and should have lost arguably we make fun of you.

<Huh2>

we're talking about the guy who has the strongest TD defense in all of mma
with 0 fight camp. why do you and majority of morons here keep ignoring that huge point? because you guys are absolute brain dead. on 10 days notice he fought kamzhat. he didnt have a fight camp. the fuck are you all on?

This "ragdolling" has been thrown around from those who drool. He landed 4/12 td's and honestly 2 of them were in the same sequence. He could control but very little attacking. Some people are just born with extra chromosomes. And simply
giphy.gif
they read the term once on reddit or social media and now think it applies. that was absolutely not RaGDOLlIngBro!!!!!

Usman literally said, verbatim "I got off the couch" and that he was not prepared for an MMA fight at all.

Why are you making shit up to argue against some absurd point?

Not that it would need to be explained taking a fight on zero days notice to fly to the opposite end of the world puts you at a disadvantage. Khamzat looked great in the first round and completely average in the 2nd and 3rd. If the fight was 5 rounds and Usman was prepared, I would probably bet money on Usman scoring a TKO.

"take down at will" is a joke, he had horrible / sloppy take downs from a mile away in the 2nd and 3rd and started getting stuffed with ease. If Usman was prepared, he would have had better awareness and counter wrestling and cardio. Khamzat is a very special talent that is still unrefined. He has plenty of time to fix his problems.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm fine with this take because dude you responded to is certainly exaggerating.

But certainly if we are going to apply the context of Usman "not having a camp" and the short notice excuses, then we can also apply the context that the reason Khamzat looked worse in the 2nd and 3rd rounds was very likely because he injured his wrist.

Khamzat is talented but he isn't really refining his skillset. He is still showing us the same type of gameplan with no improvement to it. If anything we are starting to see that he might be not suitable for a 5 round fight.

then we can also apply the context that the reason Khamzat looked worse in the 2nd and 3rd rounds was very likely because he injured his wrist.

No one cares, he didn't injure himself against the wind.

He was injured because of his opponent (either voluntary or involuntary, it doesn't matter) so it's a very lame excuse.

khamzat is soo good that he took usman down and had control for a whole round and could do nothing to an aging fighter coming off 2 losses from a lower weight class?

No one cares, he didn't injure himself against the wind.

He was injured because of his opponent (either voluntary or involuntary, it doesn't matter) so it's a very lame excuse.

I actually agree with this take.

I just also happen to think that no one cares about a short notice camp for Usman. You sign on the line, you are ready and willing to fight and risk your resume - period.

You don't get the reward without the risk.

I just also happen to think that no one cares about a short notice camp for Usman. You sign on the line, you are ready and willing to fight and risk your resume - period.

Fair enough. He lost fair and square and Khamzat deserves the win, no doubt about that.

But it's still a short notice which is unusual while injuries can happen in any fight. But Khamzat deserves the win, i have nothing to say about that.

Back