Khamzat is so good that

Agreed 100% TS, I've been saying this since he fought Burns. He set the bar so high with his early performances that he is expected to run through his opponents and if he doesn't it's look at negatively. Khamzat is just the second person to beat Usman in the UFC, but so many people have a litany of excuses queued up to try to discredit him.

If he doesn’t finish one of the most dominant fighters in under 2 mins people are shocked. It’s either that or everyone thinks Usman is overrated. Everyone should’ve assumed an elite fighter like Usman would hold his own and have a few good moments against an untested fighter. Either way the only fighter that had dominant moments in the fight was Khamzat, he completely ragdolled Usman in the wrestling like we’ve never seen before.

Like i told u in my thread... that u ran to make this thread..

U DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

It's not that he didn't finish Usman, it's about how he finished. Round 1 was very impressive, but him fading in the second and third, and getting tagged is what's concerning
Unfortunately, Usman could not step on the gas when he was tagging him. This was the issue of not having a full camp.

This is one of those fights that will stick with him for a long time. So many what ifs! Hopefully the pay was worth it.

Unfortunately, Usman could not step on the gas when he was tagging him. This was the issue of not having a full camp.

This is one of those fights that will stick with him for a long time. So many what ifs! Hopefully the pay was worth it.
Usman was gassed himself, a full camp would be the same. Getting outwrestled gasses you out

If Leon doesn’t land that flukey head kick then Usman would still be champ right now and already would have broken the UFCs win streak record.

So that means instead of getting a paid extra to likely lose Usman a weight class above on 9 days notice for 3 rounds…….. Khamzat has to make 170lb, has a weight ceiling limit (the extra weight absolutely helped him here), has to fight 5 rounds and gets a fully prepared and confident Usman?

Khamzat likely got Usman at the best possible time in the best possible scenario of any fighter to date. You can’t possibly compare champion Usman to a guy calling for a Wonderboy fight next that fought on 9 days notice a weight class higher. He did things nobody else has done to Usman in a very unique situation nobody else has had with Usman. I would think other MW’s getting fed this Usman would have done worse to him.

Last edited:
I ll have to rewatch bc i don t remember Usman doing anything significant at all in R2 or 3.

It was usmen 2 and 3 that did anything sig
Kham took those rounds because he got a td in both..
Round 1 was good but kham really had nothing afterwards just a little positioning in round 3 from a td

Literally if usmen stuffed 2 tds one from 2 and 3 hed have his hand raised but he couldnt ..

The take away is how far the top 4 or 5 guys are levels above the rest.

Only usmen burns leon colby and khamzat can have competitive fights at ww

Mw kham sean ddp izzy the top 5 guys have the money the funds for training ect. And it makes a difference

Usman's only highlights were landing a couple of jabs in the round 2. He also has a good sub defense. But Khamzat dominated otherwise.

It's not that he didn't finish Usman, it's about how he finished. Round 1 was very impressive, but him fading in the second and third, and getting tagged is what's concerning
He finished strong in the third tho he and usman were Slugging it out

i think khamzat should have stayed with all stars and andreas michael

It was a great win. The negativity is funny sometimes. The sport has a marketable fucking wrecking ball monster grappler who also brawls and has power and who is still in his 20s and who garners big attention whenever he fights, and somehow that upsets people.....

If Leon doesn’t land that flukey head kick then Usman would still be champ right now and already would have broken the UFCs win streak record.

They did have another fight where Leon outclassed him.

Screen%20Shot%202023-03-18%20at%205.21.25%20PM.png

I think people's expectations is so unrealistically high, than almost anything Khamzat does will be disappointing. So he can't win, because people think he should be destroying guys all the time with ease.

Back