Khamzat is so good that

IncreaseDanaPay

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he doesn’t finish one of the most dominant fighters in under 2 mins people are shocked. It’s either that or everyone thinks Usman is overrated. Everyone should’ve assumed an elite fighter like Usman would hold his own and have a few good moments against an untested fighter. Either way the only fighter that had dominant moments in the fight was Khamzat, he completely ragdolled Usman in the wrestling like we’ve never seen before.

Was discussing with my friend how rd 1 was a 10-8, he thinks it's nuts that it was 10-8. I explained Total Strikes landed in rd 1 were 61-5, significant strikes 16-3, 1 submission attempt and then less importantly 4:35m of control time. He still thinks it shouldn't have been a 10-8, 10-8's are just supposed to be clearly dominant rds and that was a super dominant rd. Clear 10-8 imo.

It's not that he didn't finish Usman, it's about how he finished. Round 1 was very impressive, but him fading in the second and third, and getting tagged is what's concerning

Kamaru Usman outstruck Chimaev by exactly 2 sig strikes (even total strikes) in Round 2 and by 9 sig strikes (7 more total strikes) in Round 3.

He did not cut, wobble, stumble, knock down Khamzat or threaten a finish at any time.

The narrative that Usman was piecing up Chimaev is crazy to me and it seems to be the prevailing group thought

It's not that he didn't finish Usman, it's about how he finished. Round 1 was very impressive, but him fading in the second and third, and getting tagged is what's concerning

That's a fair point, but he did break his hand or wrist in the first.

What’s most impressive is how telegraphed and attempted from out of range his takedown shots were. It’s unbelievable he even shooting bad attempts and telegraphed shots from a mile away still abused usman to the mat every round. The skill disparity in grappling and wresting prowess is way too much

I ll have to rewatch bc i don t remember Usman doing anything significant at all in R2 or 3.
He did nothing significant the entire fight. He landed a few jabs and that’s it. Khamzat took off the 2nd rd and Usman didn’t do much either. He landed 2 or 3 jabs in the 3rd then got easily taken down and controlled.

thats not the definition of ragdolling. he had his hooks in for a round, and didnt do anything else with that. got dumped, maintained the hooks. third round he gets a takedown, but can't do any damage, or pass half guard. that is not rag dolling at all.
He controlled and took down Usman at will. We’ve never seen that happen to Usman ever.

He did nothing significant the entire fight. He landed a few jabs and that’s it. Khamzat took off the 2nd rd and Usman didn’t do much either. He landed 2 or 3 jabs in the 3rd then got easily taken down and controlled.
he got taken down after like 2 minutes , took azero damage, got up and finished swinging.. i dont think it was a clear round for kaz.. one ref gave it to usman.. i hate taht a takedown and doing absolutely nothing with it, takes the round from the guy who was winning the striking.. its terrible judging and scoring..

he got taken down after like 2 minutes , took azero damage, got up and finished swinging.. i dont think it was a clear round for kaz.. one ref gave it to usman.. i hate taht a takedown and doing absolutely nothing with it, takes the round from the guy who was winning the striking.. its terrible judging and scoring..
He was taken down and controlled in the 3rd and they both starting swinging. You don’t win fights on your back. Usman winning that round off a few jabs is hilarious

Back