Khabib Vs. McGregor - Who has the better UFC career?

That's not what I'm saying. We're comparing resume, not making absolute h2h comparisons. RDA, Johnson, and Barboza as top 3 wins aren't as good as Aldo at FW, Mendes at FW, and Alvarez. Khabib may or may not be a better fighter than Conor, but his resume is much more shallow.

Also, to be honest, Aldo would have a very good chance against Khabib I think. Khabib's takedowns in open space aren't nearly as good as his takedowns against the cage, and he has a technical, speed and power disadvantage vs Jose standing. Aldo matches up well with Khabib stylistically.
Khabib fanboys will say

"bu Khabib fights 'normal sized men"

"Bu you think that Conor opponent could beat Khabib"

And yet the truth is, I would pick 3 Conor opponents (who Conor dominated) to at the very least give Khabib significant trouble (Aldo/Holloway/Alvarez)

Conor objectively has a much better resume with much more championship experience

It's very arguable and debtable if Khabib is the best fighter Conor has ever fought

Where as there is no doubt Conor is far and away the greatest fighter Khabib has ever encountered

Last edited:
2 division champ and p4p Aldo in 13>khabib’s career

Because of a baby age holloway, Diaz beaten by Henderson without any problems, and Alvarez 3-2 record before tittle shot with 2 splits? Okay.

His best win is Aldo and that fight is still a mystery for many

A mystery to whom? Aldo ran towards a masterful counter-puncher with his chin up in the air and paid the price for it.

As for Alvarez, he did in one round what Khabib couldn't do in three (finish RDA.)

And as for Holloway, he was still very good even back then (he must have been considering he hasn't lost since the McGregor fight) and he hasn't improved all that much compared to the fighter he is today, despite what people want to believe.

Khabib fanboys will say

"bu Khabib fights 'normal sized men"

"Bu you think that Conor opponent could beat Khabib"

And yet the truth is, I would pick 3 Conor opponents (who Conor dominated) to at the very least give Khabib significant trouble (Aldo/Holloway/Alvarez)

Conor objectively has a much better resume with much more championship experience

It's very arguable ans debtable if Khabib is the best fighter Conor has ever fought

Where as there is no doubt Conor is far and away the greatest fighter Khabib has ever encountered

I agree with this. Well said.

Because of a baby age holloway, Diaz beaten by Henderson without any problems, and Alvarez 3-2 record before tittle shot with 2 splits? Okay.

His best win is Aldo and that fight is still a mystery for many

As opposed to Khabib's best wins? RDA who was was KO'd stiff by Alvarez, Johnson who was finished by Gaethje, Elkins and lost to both Diaz and Myles Jury, or perhaps Barboza whose lost to Lee, Johnson and Cowboy, or the part time real estate agent Al Iaquinta? While who will win this fight is absolutely a contentious issue you're deluded if there's even an argument about who's had the better careers leading up the fight. Surely even the most biased anti-Conor dick rider would admit this point?

A mystery to whom? Aldo ran towards a masterful counter-puncher with his chin up in the air and paid the price for it.

As for Alvarez, he did in one round what Khabib couldn't do in three (finish RDA.)

And as for Holloway, he was still very good even back then (he must have been considering he hasn't lost since the McGregor fight) and he hasn't improved all that much compared to the fighter he is today, despite what people want to believe.

Yeah a mystery of what might have happened if Aldo have fought differently.

Yeah just like Serra finished GSP. You know shit haooens and Alvarez was not an finisher but a split decision fighter not known to be masterful at any particular discipline. Alvarez will never be the champ again and that's the point here.

Holloway got outwrestled by Conor for God sake and look what he did to Aldo on the ground.. same fighter? Are you nuts ? Lol

Yeah a mystery of what might have happened if Aldo have fought differently.

Yeah just like Serra finished GSP. You know shit haooens and Alvarez was not an finisher but a split decision fighter not known to be masterful at any particular discipline. Alvarez will never be the champ again and that's the point here.

Holloway got outwrestled by Conor for God sake and look what he did to Aldo on the ground.. same fighter? Are you nuts ? Lol

What do you mean look at what he did to Aldo on the ground... He didn't exactly outwrestle him or anything, he got on top of him and hit him with some ground and pound once he was already exhausted and hurt. No, I'm not nuts, I'm perfectly sane, thank you.

No I don't dislike him at all I have him Round 2 TKO over Khabib, Im just stating the facts that out of 3 lighweight fights, he only looked good in one.

GSP is great and could be a good MW, but he only has one fight there, so I dont rate him at MW at all (being two division bla bla also)

I rate Aldo as he fought all the top contendors, same as Anderson, Jon Jones, and even Whittaker has fought a murderers row.

Khabib and MCgregor are havent defended their belts yet, so you cant really rate either of them tbh

He is not that good. He is lucky for smoke and mirrors.

How can a Khabib fan say that?
Khabib has been protected his whole career by his father. His best wins in his entire career are a non muscle RDA and a #11 real estate agent.

Hard to tell. Khabib beat a lot of LWS whereas Conor fought at featherweight for the most part. Him beating Aldo and Eddie was amazing , though. On the other hand Khabib going 26-0 is fucking hard to do . So many idiots here say he fought nobodies but the lw division in the ufc is full of sharks that can eat you on a bad night. Everybody losses, he hasnt yet.

I have to disagree, I feel like Conor was HUGE for FW therefore his wins aren't that impressive. Also Mendes we all know only had 2 weeks to train. I feel like Johnson, Barboza, Ianquinta, RDA are 4 legit top 10 LW wins, compared to only Alvarez and a MD against DIaz (is he even ranked?)

I think Conor could have beat all those guys but he has been too inactive recently

Silva was huge for middleweight, Jones for LHW should we just discount their wins. You praise Khabibs win over Michael Johnson who got schooled by Diaz and then you say Diaz is a nobody? Barbosa is severely overrated, he can't deal with people coming in the pocket, easy fight for someone like Khabib who likes to get close. Ragin Al I'd debate is even top 10 but he fought on a days notice almost, after a long period of inactivity.

Hard to tell. Khabib beat a lot of LWS whereas Conor fought at featherweight for the most part. Him beating Aldo and Eddie was amazing , though. On the other hand Khabib going 26-0 is fucking hard to do . So many idiots here say he fought nobodies but the lw division in the ufc is full of sharks that can eat you on a bad night. Everybody losses, he hasnt yet.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...-13-khabib´s-eastern-european-career.3830345/

b4 UFC:

> btw Fight 1 & 4: @ LW
> btw Fight 5 & 6: @ WW
> btw Fight 7 & 8: @ LW
> btw Fight 9 & 16: @ WW

Total = 6 fights @ LW / 10 fights @ WW.

Khabib never had any belt removed by refusing to defend.

Silva was huge for middleweight, Jones for LHW should we just discount their wins. You praise Khabibs win over Michael Johnson who got schooled by Diaz and then you say Diaz is a nobody? Barbosa is severely overrated, he can't deal with people coming in the pocket, easy fight for someone like Khabib who likes to get close. Ragin Al I'd debate is even top 10 but he fought on a days notice almost, after a long period of inactivity.

Anderson wasn't that big of a MW, Jones I admit was a huge LHW, but both of them never moved up, regardless, the point I am making is you can't compare wins at FW with wins at LW if you are comparing two LW fighters. I admit Diaz schooled Johnson but the "is he even ranked?" comment was in relation to how inactive he is, not his skill level...

I feel like Barboza is a good win for Khabib as he is an accomplished kickboxer with long reach, RDA is obviously a huge talent, and Ragin Al fought on a days notice...but with a full camp, the same notice and camp as Khabib, so that is not really a fair argument either.

It like rating BJ Penn. Sure he won a belt at WW, but we all know his body of work is at LW, therefore he is never in the conversation with GSP at WW but ALWAYS in the conversation at LW.

Back