Khabib Vs. McGregor - Who has the better UFC career?

Yeah, but khabib had more normal sized human beings mixed in there.
the tallest guy Khabib fought is Barboza: 5,11"
The tallest guy Conor fought is Diaz: 6. ft"
he also fought Holloway who is 5,11"
aside from that both dudes have been fighting dudes who are 5,7"-5,8"

Conor has the not only the best moments between the two of them..he has the best moments of any fighter ever..as far as fighting career..outside of missing weight and disappointing basically every hardcore fan..Khabib has the better series of fights

Who has the more impressive record, and who has faced higher caliber opponents and won?

For best wins I'd say:

For Khabib? I'd say RDA.

For McGregor? I'd say Jose Aldo.

Overall? McGregor has a far more impressive record. Does this give him an edge in the fight?

At the moment it is Conor but if he loses at UFC 229 then it will be Khabib who has the better record.

Conor easily.

Khabib didn't even beat a top 10 guy to win his belt.

Conor won 2 belts in the time it took Khabib to get a decision against #11.

The first was P4P #1.

The second was a champ a weight class above.

Yeah.

Do you think Khabib could beat Conor then finally not almost kill himself trying to make weight and beat Woodley?

Conor clearly. Has more elite wins and beat two incumbent champions, one of whom being a p4p great. Khabib's resume right now isn't so good for a champion despite being clear of losses, but he may well build it up to be a great one.
So you would pick Aldo over khabib? You can't count Mcgregors wins at FW against Khabibs wins at lightweight. So all he has really is a good win over Alvarez and and Nate Nate Diaz he is 1-1 with,

I think he easily beats Diaz but would have trouble with Alvarez. Where as I think Conor has problems with RDA, Johnson and Barboza as they are slick strikers, especially Barboza as he has reach / extensive kickboxing experience

the tallest guy Khabib fought is Barboza: 5,11"
The tallest guy Conor fought is Diaz: 6. ft"
he also fought Holloway who is 5,11"
aside from that both dudes have been fighting dudes who are 5,7"-5,8"

Healy is a solid 6 ft. Barboza is 5'11, johnson, horcher, and tibau are 5'10

Khabib has fought bigger guys on average. Hence why he's been in a bigger weight class.

Khabib has fought 5 guys in the UFC 5'10 or taller. Conor has fought 2.

The shortest guy khabib has fought was 5'7
The shortest guy Conor fought was 5'4

Last edited:
So you would pick Aldo over khabib? You can't count Mcgregors wins at FW against Khabibs wins at lightweight. So all he has really is a good win over Alvarez and and Nate Nate Diaz he is 1-1 with,

I think he easily beats Diaz but would have trouble with Alvarez. Where as I think Conor has problems with RDA, Johnson and Barboza as they are slick strikers, especially Barboza as he has reach / extensive kickboxing experience
That's not what I'm saying. We're comparing resume, not making absolute h2h comparisons. RDA, Johnson, and Barboza as top 3 wins aren't as good as Aldo at FW, Mendes at FW, and Alvarez. Khabib may or may not be a better fighter than Conor, but his resume is much more shallow.

Also, to be honest, Aldo would have a very good chance against Khabib I think. Khabib's takedowns in open space aren't nearly as good as his takedowns against the cage, and he has a technical, speed and power disadvantage vs Jose standing. Aldo matches up well with Khabib stylistically.

Last edited:
Who has the more impressive record, and who has faced higher caliber opponents and won?

For best wins I'd say:

For Khabib? I'd say RDA.

Overall? McGregor has a far more impressive record. Does this give him an edge in the fight?

To this point Conor has more impressive accomplishments. I wouldn’t say he has a more impressive record though. 10-0 > 9-1

For best wins I'd say:

For Khabib? I'd say RDA.

McGregor has won two belts and beaten a lot bigger names than Khabib has.

Whoever wins will have the better UFC career.

That's not what I'm saying. We're comparing resume, not making absolute h2h comparisons. RDA, Johnson, and Barboza as top 3 wins aren't as good as Aldo at FW, Mendes at FW, and Alvarez. Khabib may well be a better fighter than Conor, but his resume is much more shallow.

Also, to be honest, Aldo would have a very good chance against Khabib I think. Khabib's takedowns in open space aren't nearly as good as his takedowns against the cage, and he has a technical, speed and power disadvantage vs Jose standing. Aldo matches up well with Khabib stylistically.
I have to disagree, I feel like Conor was HUGE for FW therefore his wins aren't that impressive. Also Mendes we all know only had 2 weeks to train. I feel like Johnson, Barboza, Ianquinta, RDA are 4 legit top 10 LW wins, compared to only Alvarez and a MD against DIaz (is he even ranked?)

I think Conor could have beat all those guys but he has been too inactive recently

Conor.

There is no question.
More money
More fame
Harder opponents
Known outside of MMA

The UFC could let Khabib go and not bat an eye. Same can't be said for Khabib.
Khabib is where he is because of Russian mystery aura.

McGregor has won two belts and beaten a lot bigger names than Khabib has.

I actually think Conor has a serious edge no one is talking about. He has been tested over and over again. Khabib has fought significantly worst competition in his career and even looked less dominate.

Who has had the better UFC career right now? Conor easily. I think this question might need to be revisited after this weekend though.

I have to disagree, I feel like Conor was HUGE for FW therefore his wins aren't that impressive. Also Mendes we all know only had 2 weeks to train. I feel like Johnson, Barboza, Ianquinta, RDA are 4 legit top 10 LW wins, compared to only Alvarez and a MD against DIaz (is he even ranked?)

I think Conor could have beat all those guys but he has been too inactive recently

I feel you are letting your dislike for Conor cloud your judgement.

Doing what he Did to Aldo, undefeated for 10 years and seriously considered in the discussion for GOAT. No matter what weight it was. That adds prestige to his legacy.

On Top of that he took the belt off 2 legit champs.

BTW Iaquinta was 11 when they fought.

I feel that Khabib would go ahead of Conot if he wins, but at the moment it has to be conor.

Back