Khabib Nurmagomedov plans to return in October, still wants interim title shot against Tony Ferguson

Whatever the next iteration of the 'interim' title is, Tony will fight for it. But I don't know that he should necessarily have to wait 5 more months for it.

That will make it a full year between fights for Tony. Why waste his prime on the bench? Makes more sense to book him with someone that is going to show up and keep things moving.
Yes but UFC hasnt contacted Tony at all. At least here he has a legit opponent calling him out so thats something. Obviously if dana calls with barboza or something Tony should take it

Give him Raging Al, if he wins give him barboza or ferguson but only if Tony has already fought for the title and is either the champ or coming off a loss to conor

Khabib is still listed as the #1 contender. Hard to imagine an interim fight without him.

Nah, kid has to prove he can make weight safely before they offer him a title shot. He also better hope those new weight cutting rules don't go into effect everywhere else.

Yes but UFC hasnt contacted Tony at all. At least here he has a legit opponent calling him out so thats something. Obviously if dana calls with barboza or something Tony should take it

I'm thinking Tony isn't the kind of guy that wants a year of inactivity, he's just not that type of guy. He wants to fight and he wants to get paid.

Ideally he asks for and gets Barboza or similar so he can fight this summer. In the unlikely event Khabib gets back on track, that can be his first title defense.

Assuming Conor materializes his boxing match, it'll be 2018 if he fights Tony, if ever. They should keep things moving and Khabib is the worst possible bet for that to happen.

Khabib destroys an LW with ease. Also i don't get the hate.. He's been more active than Jose Aldo since 2016.

He has to move to ww and fight GSP. Would be epic to see who outgrapples whom

Khabib destroys an LW with ease. Also i don't get the hate.. He's been more active than Jose Aldo since 2016.

Because he pulled out of one of the biggest hyped fights in recent history due to his weight. This coupled with his frequent layoffs for his religious practices have made him a frustrating figure, considering the fact that he's an incredible delight to watch.

I'd rather see Tony Ferg vs. Ragin' Al Iaquinta at this point, to be honest.

At least Al will show up.

Been saying since his weight cut blunder, he will get his shot again soon. No matter how much sherdoggers like to pretend that this is grade school where kids get punished for their mistakes, it isn't going to happen. Ufc knows how valuable an undefeated fighter like Khabib is. He has the Goat potential. Just like Jones will still headline a card, Khabib isn't going to be too far from the title even with a major fuck up like his missed weight.

Khabib was overwhelmed by the hype of 209 and that got to him so he got complacent with his diet . He didn't have any issue making weight for the MJ fight not so long ago, so clearly he can make weight. Let these 2 have a go, there isn't any other fight to make with either of the two. Also don't mention Alavrez, Conor has destroyed him permanently. He was terrible against glass chin poirier.

AS much as i like Holloway, I just don't think he has the skills to beat Aldo...max doesn't have the power or the speed that conor does...The only chance I see for max, is if in the later rounds, aldo gets tired..otherwise, I see aldo winning easy.
I feel the same. Max is not a wrestler, to tire out aldo you need him defending takedown, clinches. He looked fresh the whole 5 rounds against Frankie. Honestly, i think Max might get knocked out. Been a while for aldo, but he seems very focused and driven. Cant wait to see it tho, i just wish the rest of the card was better. Seeing Moraes should be fun tho.

Four months of training? He will get hurt especially if the camp takes place in AKA.

Why can't fighters stay in shape and do 4-5 week camps?

1) khabib didnt eat the tiramisu.
2) he is the best lightweight in the world
3) i still want to see khabib vs tony

Hey, doofus. Everyone wants to see that fight. But he's as unreliable as the girl that gives out her number to 20 guys at the bar then passes out drunk in some poor guys taxi.

Also, an interim title in Oct or Nov? If conor doesn't have a fight scheduled by then he should be stripped. Can't let him go another fucking year without defending a belt. IMHO.

Ferguson vs Barboza 2 for the interim belt in the summer, then strip McGregor in october/november and have the champ defend against Khabib

It's the only contender fight that matters. The absolute top of the top LW figters.

Don't give a flying fuck about khabobs fuck up, this fight has to happen so we can have a definitive lightweight contender

Back