Khabib Nurmagomedov plans to return in October, still wants interim title shot against Tony Ferguson

Kebab who?

tumblr_lzx3ahGwqm1qalcu6o1_r1_500.gif

Kaboob is not a true 155er.
He doesn't have any muscle to lose at all.
He completely depletes his body and goes full on Auschwitz to make weight.

He's already done damage to internal organs.
He's already ruined a main event.

No way in hell he should get a shot unless he makes weight and beats a top 5 guy.
After what he did he has to prove he can be healthy and make weight before any kind of events are announced and promo money is spent on his fight.

stfu habib, you cant even make the weight

He's not 155. I would love to see Khalabeeb with racist KO on Woodley.

Being healthy enough to compete is the absolute bare minimum requirement of being a fighter. He may be the most talented, but he's not the best. If you can't compete you cannot be the best.
Very well said.

If dude was not getting blood to his liver (an organ that normally has a rich supply of blood), then he really needs to reconsider these atrocious weight cuts.

If you want to eat fries and tiramisu cakes, then fight closer to a weight that allows you to do that. 185. Cutting from 200 to 155 is crazy.
Khabib destroys an LW with ease. Also i don't get the hate.. He's been more active than Jose Aldo since 2016.
It's the reason for inactivity I'd imagine.

Ferguson vs Barboza 2 for the interim belt in the summer, then strip McGregor in october/november and have the champ defend against Khabib
I'd love to see Tony and Barboza again for the interim. If Khabib can make weight for his next fight and earn another title shot, then have him the winner. We all know Conor isn't fighting again.

I don't want to hear about Khabib unless he's announcing his move to 170.

Tony or Barboza are the only people Khabib should fight upon his return. I'm sure Tony will want the fight but on the slim chance he doesn't then Barboza would be a good fight for him. It'll prove he deserves his #1 contender spot and guarantee him his interim title with Ferg.

As for Tony, he only needs to fight MJ or Khabib. He has something to gain and prove against both of them.

However, the only people who should be set up for the interim title are Khabib and Tony. This fight needs to happen.

During a visit to Tashkent, Uzbekistan with a handful of fighters from his ‘Eagles MMA’ fight club, Nurmagmoedov revealed that he plans to resume training during Ramadan but does not expect to return to competition until the Fall.

"Regarding health - I have nearly completed rehabilitation,” said Khabib (h/t ToFight.ru). “I will start to train somewhere in the middle of June. The return is planned for October because I need four months of full training. As for the match, I think, that 90 percent I will fight for the interim title."

By Khabib’s planned return date of October 2017, the Dagestani fighter will have spent 11 months on the sidelines since his last outing at UFC 205 in New York. While aware that other contenders have emerged during his absence, Khabib is only interested in the one fight that has eluded him over the past few years.

"Actually, right now the UFC lightweight division is one of the most competitive. In this case, there are many worthy men who will already fight for the title in the near future. Who I'm going to fight is not yet known, but of course I will insist on a fight with Tony Ferguson because now I do not see any other contenders and I do not want to fight with anyone, but to him.”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/platform...r-expects-interim-title-shot-against-ferguson
He doesn't deserve a title shot after the last bout of bull shit. He should have to fight someone else before a title shot!

Back