Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Does someone that works at Primary Arms visit this site? I post my bitch fit and not 10 minutes later I get notice it's shipped. WOOWOO

Does someone that works at Primary Arms visit this site? I post my bitch fit and not 10 minutes later I get notice it's shipped. WOOWOO

I have two Aero Precision lowers and a barrel arriving today . . .

I really need to stop building guns. I'm running out of room.

I have two Aero Precision lowers and a barrel arriving today . . .

I really need to stop building guns. I'm running out of room.
I haven't run out of room.. except I am running out of capital to purchase/build guns. Gggrrr.

Basically I just need to save up for the BCM like 9" .300 upper and a SB brace/lower parts kit. Going to take the Geisselle trigger I bought for my AR-10 and use it in this next build. The AR-10 is on the back burner for now so at least I can get to use this trigger rather than just having it sit doing nothing.

I haven't run out of room.. except I am running out of capital to purchase/build guns. Gggrrr.

Basically I just need to save up for the BCM like 9" .300 upper and a SB brace/lower parts kit. Going to take the Geisselle trigger I bought for my AR-10 and use it in this next build. The AR-10 is on the back burner for now so at least I can get to use this trigger rather than just having it sit doing nothing.

Which SB Tactical brace? I had five SBM4s and buffer tubes a while back, but sold all of them.

Which SB Tactical brace? I had five SBM4s and buffer tubes a while back, but sold all of them.
I'm looking at the M4s or SOB. Leaning towards the M4 because from an aesthetic outlook it's far more like an M4 stock imo.

I'm looking at the M4s or SOB. Leaning towards the M4 because from an aesthetic outlook it's far more like an M4 stock imo.

I have a SOB on my pistol and really like it. But the M4s are pretty cool too. Almost wish I would've bought a few more.

I have a Shockwave at the house that I bought for super cheap last week. Just need to get the right tube or dimple one I already have for their set screw.

I have a SOB on my pistol and really like it. But the M4s are pretty cool too. Almost wish I would've bought a few more.

I have a Shockwave at the house that I bought for super cheap last week. Just need to get the right tube or dimple one I already have for their set screw.

I personally don't like the sb braces(ugly & bulky imo), much prefer the shockwave.

I personally don't like the sb braces(ugly & bulky imo), much prefer the shockwave.
I prefer the look of the Shockwave too but the recent ATF letter about shouldering the arm brace ONLY refers to ones made by SB and I even asked an attorney I know (that admittedly is not a fan of ARs) but even he said "this only refers to braces made by a specific company" so I am doing the "playing it better safe than sorry"

Plus, this doesn't look too bad.
https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbm4/

I prefer the look of the Shockwave too but the recent ATF letter about shouldering the arm brace ONLY refers to ones made by SB and I even asked an attorney I know (that admittedly is not a fan of ARs) but even he said "this only refers to braces made by a specific company" so I am doing the "playing it better safe than sorry"

Plus, this doesn't look too bad.
https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbm4/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-approves-shockwave-pistol-brace-shouldering/

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=3524

After laying hands on two different SB Tactical braces and a Shockwave I don't think either is any better or worse than the other. The SBM4s look more like a true stock and seem to be much more secure without the need for a set screw.

Just messing with the Geissele NM some more. I need to increase the second stage weight, 3oz is too light. You have to take up the first stage so slowly and carefully it's just not worth it. I think I'll go to 5-6oz. I want that first stage lighter though, I'm apprehensive about bending springs. Guess if I fuck it up the spring is only like $10.

Just messing with the Geissele NM some more. I need to increase the second stage weight, 3oz is too light. You have to take up the first stage so slowly and carefully it's just not worth it. I think I'll go to 5-6oz. I want that first stage lighter though, I'm apprehensive about bending springs. Guess if I fuck it up the spring is only like $10.

I learned a similar lesson with the Tavor Geissele trigger pack and trigger and trying to get the second stage light because duh, lighter is better. Since it's so borderline and getting back in there is a bit of a chore, I've yet to adjust it.

Maybe we just have shitty trigger discipline. :eek::oops::D

I learned a similar lesson with the Tavor Geissele trigger pack and trigger and trying to get the second stage light because duh, lighter is better. Since it's so borderline and getting back in there is a bit of a chore, I've yet to adjust it.

Maybe we just have shitty trigger discipline. :eek::oops::D

Maybe but I adjusted the sear engagement at roughly the width of a hair (literally) and with 3oz needing to break the second stage it's pretty easy to pull through it lol

Sound like "back" to me. Unless you're of Mediterranean descent.

<mma4>

I'm not.

I think I'm going to skip the the pull gauge and just bend the spring. I could go through a bunch of springs before it works out cost wise to get a gauge that I'll only use basically for 5 minutes.

<mma4>

I'm not.

I think I'm going to skip the the pull gauge and just bend the spring. I could go through a bunch of springs before it works out cost wise to get a gauge that I'll only use basically for 5 minutes.

Don't give the BJ gif. Similar type of hair motherfucker, not same location. :D:cool:

I've been considering getting a pull gauge. :eek::oops:

Don't give the BJ gif. Similar type of hair motherfucker, not same location. :D:cool:

I've been considering getting a pull gauge. :eek::oops:

I thought the Penn gif was nodding in agreement?

I've thought about it before but really most of my stuff isn't adjustable and even the ones like Elftmann I just lowered it all the way so I'm not really that curious to see what the Elftmann, kac, Geissele(other than the new nm) breaks at tbh. Then even if I was it'd get used like once on each gun other than adjusting the nm spring.

Back