Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/0...keymod-vs-m-lok-test-conducted-at-nswc-crane/

A pretty indepth test comparing MLOK and Keymod rail systems. It pretty much just confirms what most of us already knew, but data is good to have.

BF98F411-6C40-4B9E-BFFE-BF129F9E0285_zps9r8rfhhg.jpg

Anyone have experience rattle canning a gun with Krylon or Rustoleun? Preferences?

Homies on Youtube do it all the time. I'm just not that brave. :(
I feel perfectly confident doing the gun (even the irons as I know how to tape off the post and the peep portion for the front and back respectively)... it's just optics is when I would start freaking out.

I feel perfectly confident doing the gun (even the irons as I know how to tape off the post and the peep portion for the front and back respectively)... it's just optics is when I would start freaking out.

Good luck. Post pics!!

Good luck. Post pics!!
All I will have for awhile is the lower but I intend to have an 8" .300 upper on it with a AAC brake or the Noveske flaming pig and a Vortex Spitfire. Going to go the FDE route with a Punisher skull stenicled on right side of the magwell too.

20" barrel with PRS. And the Epsilon VG6 on it. Don't know the OAL, but could measure if you needed me to. Why do you ask?

Was looking at this skb 4214 on dvor, it's 42.5", was just trying to get an idea on size. I think my build will be 40"

1304615767000_766824.jpg

1304615767000_IMG_205183.jpg

All I will have for awhile is the lower but I intend to have an 8" .300 upper on it with a AAC brake or the Noveske flaming pig and a Vortex Spitfire. Going to go the FDE route with a Punisher skull stenicled on right side of the magwell too.

lol. How cheeseball. :D

j/k.

Was looking at this skb 4214 on dvor, it's 42.5", was just trying to get an idea on size. I think my build will be 40"

1304615767000_766824.jpg

1304615767000_IMG_205183.jpg

Ahhhhhh. I also forgot I've got that extended buttpad on her too.

lol. How cheeseball. :D

j/k.
If I use Krylon or Rustoleum the skull will wear out eventually. Figure I'll do the basecoat in FDE, then use burlap and like pine boughs over it for some brown and green just for shits n giggles to see how it goes.

IMG_1726.JPG

What I was thinking about doing in terms of rattle canning my 300. I'll just do a home done multi cam type thing like this

What I was planning on for camo style

Last edited:
20170530_231146_zpsjud39w2v.jpg

Trigger is in temporarily. The second stage is crazy, probably at 3-4oz right now. Really have to be careful not to blow through the 2nd. First stage is roughly 2.2lbs. Not exactly happy with that but you have to slowly keep bending the spring to adjust. So I need a trigger pull gauge before I fuck with that.

Anyone have experience rattle canning a gun with Krylon or Rustoleun? Preferences?

I bought spray cans from Amazon a week or so ago. Planning to experiment with some painting while my wife and girls are out of town with her sister and my niece. Will be doing the whole "baking" thing in the oven so it's better they're not around to complain about the smell. :)

Will be using Magpul FDE . . .

SEND ME MY DAMN LOWER already Primary Arms... gggrrrr

Back