Kevin Lee will eventually be a champion

Rewatch tony escaped before the round ended, Lee was never winning that, he blew his load on fergs forearms ala Carwin v Lesnar.

In response to TS I though lee said he was moving up, not sure how well he will translate to WW. If 165 belt became available I can see that, lot of respect after the ferg fight.
If you look back on the replay, Tony was actually laughing when they rang the bell, Tyler Durden style. I think that may have been part of why Kevin was so angry.

the ferguson fight def made him legit...at lw.

the ww move is interesting...after the impressive showing with ferguson i will be keeping my eyes on this dude...

but the trash talking seems forced and kind of annoying... but i got my one foot on board the train... the other foot is very close to getting on board...

After rewatching the fight again, Kevin Lee is a special fighter

Rewatch the first round of that fight, even though he gassed - his top game is something scary. It reminds me of Luke Rockholds top game (my favorite in the sport that doesn't belong to Maia or Jacare), with it's blend of strength and skill while also being able to float on top. In that division in terms of raw effectiveness he's probably second to Khabib. Tony Ferguson is one of the best scramblers in the sport, and Lee was able to shut down his funk game.

It's a shame he got so tired, his striking also looked legitimately good in the first round of that fight (and even a bit in the second and third)

But the most important thing here is that he's 25, he's a very young fighter at a good camp with a lot of experience under his belt and not much damage. He's never really shown true cardio issues before this fight, and we all know that Tony is a freak of nature when it comes to pace, so if he can get his weight under control (and I believe he had a staph infection which certainly didn't help his cut) or grow into his frame at 170 OR if a 165 division is opened I believe he'll fight his way back to a title shot and with the right style matchup I think we could easily be looking at a future champion.

If he has to move up to 170 his career is screwed IMO

Can definetely buy into that, he is only 25 years old, still a lot to learn from.

Because context means nothings? You're both acting like idiots.

The guy just got smoked before making it to championship rounds and you're all claiming he's a potential champion.

Why?

Do you want me to make a list of (the vast, vast majority) of fighters who aren't champions who've also:

1.) Never fought / beat a contender
2.) Fought a contender and lost before championship rounds

Do you know how long that list would be? And guess who would be on that list?

Kevin fucking Lee.

When he beats someone of merit (or *gasp* even does well in a title fight and makes it to championship rounds, showing chin, cardio and gameplan?) then we'll have this talk.

Until then? I refer you to my previous post.

You talk about context, then fail to show any understanding of the context of the title fight.

Let me give you the context; yes, Kevin didn't make the championship rounds - but he had a staph infection and is still a relatively green fighter in his early twenties.

Several fights ago, he showed little striking acumen, but against Tony he showed some very nice technique and power - meaning the kid is a fast learner and is talented.

Is clearly an athlete of pedigree - he showed explosive and dynamic speed and movement - coupled with his youth and hunger, he clearly has a bright future.

If you can't see it, I refer you to my previous post.

Get lost noob.

yes, Kevin didn't make the championship rounds - but he had a staph infection and is still a relatively green fighter in his early twenties.

Annnnnnd we're done. All you have is emotional knee jerk bullshit and a bunch of but, but, but, buts! No one has time for that shit, spare me the routine next time.

I have no doubt he'll be UFC champion. Wait and watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back