Kevin Lee hype

Staphless Lee is the best LW in the world.

I was impressed by his performance, beast ground game even at the highest level, and did way better in the striking than I anticipated. Would really love to see him get the Khabib fight he has been asking for.

I think Kevin Lee gained fans this weekend. He did what he had to do to make weight, unlike Khabib, had some moments where he looked great, and showed respect in defeat. He showed his emotion and I think that's something most people actually like to see. Remember, Conor McGregor cried in the cage when he fought Chad for a belt and that was a win. It's charismatic to show yourself so good for him. He got beat by the best lightweight in the world. Would love to see Lee back, maybe at 165.

He's definitely a contender, top guy, I just don't see him improving his cardio.

He has the tools, he could be a very effective GSP/Khabib g'n'p style fighter, but he doesn't have their cardio body type.

Lee did really good, beat Tony on the feet, passed his guard easily and rained hell until Cucey was saved by the bell.

Tony overall was the better, tougher fighter but i do think a healthy Lee with a few more fights under his belt beats him next time. Lee improves with every fight.

It was a fluke loss. Kevin wins 11 out of 10 times against Tony

I'll preface this with the fact that I absolutely HATE Kevin Lee as a person; Kevin Lee will be the #1 LW in the world within the next 2 years, provided he hasn't outgrown 155. The cardio and weight cut issues we saw against El Cucuy were never there before this fight and I don't expect they'll be there in his next fight. IMO, he is the best overall wrestler and grappler in this division (yes, even better than Khabib) and poses a tough stylistic matchup for every top LW because of it. His take downs are amazing, his standup is tight and technical, and if he gets your back he will smush you into the mat and choke you the fuck out. (kudos to Tony for not giving him his back, and riding out Round 1 with him in mount; it was the safer option).

His chin is shaky at best though, so there is always the potential for him to be on the receiving end of a huge KO, which will invariably bring a smile to the majority of MMA fans' faces. The kid is just such a douche!

These threads really are not necessary. His fans are still here. So fucking what if they hyped him and were confident in his abilities vs. Tony. Why is it a big deal? You’re a little late with rubbing it in, too, TS. Since then, tons of people have talked about his potential. He did better against Tony than most can say. He lost but he did very well all the way through. People really need to stop with these lame kind of threads. There’s just no point to them.

ppl need to re-watch the first round. Almost every punch Lee threw in mount was deflected or blocked by Tony. Stop saying Lee beat the shit out of him when he was on top. Imo Tony deflecting and defending was more impressive.

Not sure why people are so down on Lee. I was really impressed by what he could accomplish against an ultra-dangerous opponent under adverse circumstances.

I thought Tony was going to wreck him.
Its not often tony wrecks opponents. Not sure why youd think this

He mounted and beat the shit out of your hero in the first round and this is what you're gonna come up with, Tyler?
You are a sad kid. Leave your moms basement every once in a while, kiddo.
Don't be retarded. Tony loses every first round then they wilt. Every time.

Tony gets even better now with 5 rounds to work with.

Put it another way First rounds don't win fights tony does.

Its not often tony wrecks opponents. Not sure why youd think this
Before Kevin last 4 went to hospital. With multi staples, stitches, broken noses etc. He hurts most of them badly. Vannatta couldn't fight for a year. Tony made rda switch weight classes

Before Kevin last 4 went to hospital. With multi staples, stitches, broken noses etc. He hurts most of them badly. Vannatta couldn't fight for a year. Tony made rda switch weight classes

Vannatta fought just five months later after losing to Tony. What are you on about fool...

That's not the point im making. People are praising lee cause 'he did really well' when in reality most of fergusons opponents 'do really well' until they get unmatched. So in the end, lee didnt do well, just the same as most fergusons opponents.

That's not the point im making. People are praising lee cause 'he did really well' when in reality most of fergusons opponents 'do really well' until they get unmatched. So in the end, lee didnt do well, just the same as most fergusons opponents.
Excellent point. Tony is kinda guy you must shut his lights off or break his arm like mj otherwise he will out work you. Kinda like a Diaz.

Back