Kevin Lee: Dustin Poirier isn't a championship level fighter

I really think Kevin’s loss to Santos is overblown.

Lee ate plenty of hard shots standing from Ferguson and did very well considering the staph infection.
he got dropped by a jab from Iaquinta and again from a left by Chiesa

Its really not overblown at all. Its a serious red flag for the guys career. He was knocked the fuck out by a BJJ guy with white belt level striking.

Santos has had a sixteen year career and Kevin Lee is only the second guy he's knocked out. And the first was a head kick.

These things happen in MMA.

Serra made GSP tap to strikes.

Anderson got finished several times by random Chinese fighters.

Whittaker got triangled by some Japanese cab driver no one has ever heard of.

I really think Kevin’s loss to Santos is overblown.

Lee ate plenty of hard shots standing from Ferguson and did very well considering the staph infection.
Kevin has been dropped a fair few times in several fights. His chin is not good. He's not Reem by any means but his chin is not very good and he does not protect it at all.

I'm somewhat annoyed by Lee, but his analysis of fights and other fighters' ability is usually on point. Can't say i disagree with him on this one

I swear I saw an interview with Lee not long ago where he was saying Dustin was the dark horse in the division...

0*AFjBZ4atumoGHfSo.jpg

then that makes kevil the king of hobotown usa

Kevin has been dropped a fair few times in several fights. His chin is not good. He's not Reem by any means but his chin is not very good and he does not protect it at all.

Exactly. If i remember correctly, even Efrain Escudero was rocking or dropping him. I think Trinaldo as well. Sure he came back to win those fights, but it's proof his chin is not strong.

But Kevin couldn’t make it to the championship rounds of his championship fight :/

Exactly. If i remember correctly, even Efrain Escudero was rocking or dropping him. I think Trinaldo as well. Sure he came back to win those fights, but it's proof his chin is not strong.
Escudero has him doing the chicken dance

Barboza is a tough fight, Kevin better not be looking past him.

I feel like he’s right.

But Dustin just won’t go away.

I would agree. I'm a big fan on Dustin, but I think he is more of a gatekeeper. Hovers around the top 5 but never moves beyond that.

its not easy to be top 5 , they can usually beat each other on any given day . so being top 5 is still a pretty good acomplishment in its own right. especially in a stacked shark tank lightweight division

Risky thing to say a week before your own fight.. if he loses to the guy Khabib recently dominated then I guess he's not a championship level fighter either.

Lee is a fun fighter. Still young, expect him to make more noise.

He’s right. Dude got stopped by Eddie & KTFO into oblivion by Michael fucking Johnson. Conor embarrassed him. He’s a gatekeeper that should stick to barely beating the washed up pettis/Millers of the world.

Dustin Poirier really shouldn't care whether or not he's impressed Kevin Lee... Dustin should be looking at Conor, Khabib, El Cucuy or even a rematch with Eddie Alvarez.

Back