Kevin Lee: Dustin Poirier isn't a championship level fighter

Then what is Kevin Lee? Lee is top 6 at best and not top 3 in my opinion although he has the potential skill wise he showed his ability to quit against Tony. You have to stop a champions pulse to get them to quit that is what separates them from the rest.

lee isnt either, hes a chinny grappler with crap stand up. poirer would ko him

I would agree. I'm a big fan on Dustin, but I think he is more of a gatekeeper. Hovers around the top 5 but never moves beyond that.

Poirier would have to be ranked pretty high now. He was what 5 when he fought Gaethje? Who knows what number after the ranking update, I would think at least 4th. If he's a gatekeeper he's a damn good one.

Lee keeps referring to the "big 3" as khabib, tony and himself. And maintains that healthy he can take tony and that he would dominate khabib. So im curious to see if he can back that up in the coming year and prove he is championship material at 155.

And he is... not yet imo in a year or two maybe.

Cardio, standup, experience, pace.. even then who knows.

Don't get your legs blown off by Barboza Lee.

Who am i kidding, Barboza is gonna tear that boy up.

Makes sense. Everyone was going on and on about how Justin Gaethje is an overrated punching bag and then in the same breath saying Dustin should get a title shot for beating him. <Lmaoo>

He was beating him on the ground, mounted him, beat him on the feet. He was looking very good. He had fucking staph dude. Not sure why so many people don't seem to understand that. He had staph and a resulting bad weight cut. He got tired because that's what staph does, it drains you and your cardio.

Elbows definitely played a factor but the biggest reason why he lost that fight Is because his cardio didn't last.

Throw Tony against a healthy Lee, I'd favour Lee.

Dude Is 25 and has the highest ceiling In the division, he's a future champion. Pretty sure he can talk about "championship level fighters" all he wants regardless of what the keyboard warriors of sherdog say.

Wait..... are you saying he had a staph infection?

Poirier has a much much much better resume than Lee. He has beaten much better guys. Lee hasn't beaten anyone great at all

Kevin Lee's mouth gets in the way of his potential.
He's done very well so far he's only 25. Poirier has been in the UFC for years and has never gotten a title shot.

Well, he was beating Tony's ass for 2 rounds, mounted him, outstruck him on the feet. All with staph and a terrible weight cut. Good chance he even wins the fight If his cardio wasn't destroyed from the staph.

All while being 25 years old and nowhere near the peak of his potential

I'd definitely say he's a championship level fighter and almost certainly a future champion.

My man, my comment isn't really about shitting on Kevin, is about countering with the same medicine that he's trying to say.

In other words, if Dustin isn't a championship level fighter (which he clearly is...) neither him then... Basically what Kevin said is stupid, because they both are in that contention but right now he isn't enough clever to admit it, cause he's most recent chance got derailed.

BTW, Talking about your comments, we can give credit to Kevin but at the end of the day, he lost and he might lose to Barboza.

My man, my comment isn't really about shitting on Kevin, is about countering with the same medicine that he's trying to say.

In other words, if Dustin isn't a championship level fighter (which he clearly is...) neither him then... Basically what Kevin said is stupid, because they both are in that contention but right now he isn't enough clever to admit it, cause he's most recent chance got derailed.

BTW, Talking about your comments, we can give credit to Kevin but at the end of the day, he lost and he might lose to Barboza.

A very nuanced and fair assessment of Kevin. How are you NB?

Back