Kevin Lee doesn't remember the time between him missing weight by a pound and him making it

I have no sympathy for any dude wanting to fight the smallest dudes possible. If you can't handle the weight-cut, then move up a weight-class and don't be a bitch about it.

That's why I like fighters like Frankie Edgar and Fedor who just fight regardless a little weight/size discrepancy.

I’m ok with Tony’s win, he did the damn thing. But we’d be fools to pretend that Kevin wasn’t diminished due to staph and the subsequent horrible weight cut. I think a healthy Kevin Lee goes 5 rounds with Tony and possibly wins.

I have no sympathy for any dude wanting to fight the smallest dudes possible. If you can't handle the weight-cut, then move up a weight-class and don't be a bitch about it.

That's why I like fighters like Frankie Edgar and Fedor who just fight regardless a little weight/size discrepancy.
tenor (2).gif

Lima had it tougher.

My god... I feel sorry for him..

tenor.gif

True but fighters that cut little or no weight can be counted on the fingers of your hand. And there is a big fucking jump from lightweight to welterweight but a lot of former lightweights are having success there so who knows
True but if a weight-cut is that hard for you, you should just lose weight earlier in camp, or just try to bulk up and move up. It is the way it is.

I truly enjoyed his performance against Tony and I will be rooting for him in the future but with that said, I’m not finding it respectable to drain yourselves in such manner just to get some leverage over your opponent instead of fighting in a weight class above.

So now he is indirectly blaming his loss on a poor weight cut despite bragging about his weight just prior to the fight?

Not a fan but I hope he's ok. Should have a doctor check out.

He's been pretty good about saying Tony was the better fighter, Tony was a lot better off his back than he was expecting, and that Tony is just a dangerous dude. Stop trying to make it out like he's making excuses for losing.
He lost because he is not experienced enough & was thrust into a position to try & be a "star" for the company. No one fights a 10th Planet vet & doesn't know they are a problem off their back, that's fodder for saying he wasn't ready for the spotlight. After popping all that shit, then you lose in a bowing position to the man you talked it to lol.

A lot of fighters don't seem to understand the concept of diminishing returns either. They're crippling themselves to make weight and aren't able to hold themselves up to even use it. Frankie and Fedor took advantage of speed and cardio, and both were known for their durability at the primes of their careers.
I'm not your bro. Sorry but I am sick of bereferred to as bro.
<escalate99>

Chillax, broseph.

He lost because he is not experienced enough & was thrust into a position to try & be a "star" for the company. No one fights a 10th Planet vet & doesn't know they are a problem off their back, that's fodder for saying he wasn't ready for the spotlight. After popping all that shit, then you lose in a bowing position to the man you talked it to lol.
<YeahOKJen>

All I hear when someone struggles to make weight is I'm an unprofessional moron

giphy.webp

That last hour that I had to cut that extra pound, I don’t even know how I got it off. I don’t know where I was. Your mind just doesn’t want to work when you’re in those kind of states. . .

Like I said, I don’t even remember much. I don’t really know. I was kind of out of it and I just left it up to my coaches and they got the job done.

Once I actually made the weight, as soon as I sat down I was more exhausted than I - I don’t think I’ve ever really felt like that in my life. I was carrying the stress of the whole event too so it was a lot.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...know-how-i-got-it-off-i-dont-know-where-i-was
Sounds really good for you

Back