Kevin Lee doesn't remember the time between him missing weight by a pound and him making it

Weight cut can fuck you up, but the funny thing is that if Conor said these same things, everybody would be “ohhh nothing but excuses!”

He also said he usually comes into fight week at 165 and this time he came in at 161 and thought to himself it was going to be a breeze so I guess he either ate or drank something
but he was not specific. He basically said he fucked up

No he said he comes into fight week at 176 and cut 20 pounds. This time he had to cut 21 pounds. What you're talking about is the weigh-in day. He usually wakes up at 165 pounds in the weigh-in days but last time he woke up at 161 pounds and got more comfortable than he had to.

Then he went up to 183 pounds in the fight night and 185 pounds in the cage.

I know but im talking about a live death in the cage and its linked back to dehydration from a weight cut.

It happened in Ireland but if it ever happened on a bigger stage it would cause huge damage to mma.

Unfortunately it will happen

He had a huge staph infection on his chest ready to blow up.

Don't you know that the standard procedure for a potentially life threatening infection is to starve and dehydrate yourself? Also try and make it jump to another dude while rolling around with him and sharing saliva, sweat and blood so it leaves your body.

How in the holy fuck did Pancrase and the coaches let this guy fight? Gross negligence is an understatement.
A heartbreaker even here to watch, if I'm being honest, let alone having stood shoulder to shoulder and complicitly – SMH.

Solutions haven't taken because the problem is greater than any individual fighter, so effecting change has to come organisationally from the top-down; something akin to weightclasses keeping the same only in name but being bumped up in numbers on scale, e.g., WW advances from 155-170 to 165-180 or what have you.

We'd still have blokes weightclass-jumping to fight smaller comp' but changing weightclass could perhaps be a petition-only event. Just a brainstorm but near anything is preferable to this rubbish...

<{hughesimpress}>

Could also have something to do with the fact that he had staph. He shouldn't have been cleared to fight.

According to people who have never fought or trained before, neither had an impact on his performance, bro.

Stupid fucker

Agree, but we don't know their circumstances. He's gone through a full camp and has people to pay, so him and his team MIGHT be under more pressure to make weight than other fighters who are financially stable.

Sucks though.

Well sitting in the sauna for the 15th hour probably isn't terribly memorable

Only a matter of time before someone is killed in the cage and its linked to the weight cut, the UFC probably has themselves covered but it would be a serious blow to MMA.

Dude this has happened loads of fucking times.

Ufc going to pull him from his next fight?

Sure, let's add another factor in for him getting spanked. He's not even had his shine time in the spot light & I'm already tired of him lol.
He's been pretty good about saying Tony was the better fighter, Tony was a lot better off his back than he was expecting, and that Tony is just a dangerous dude. Stop trying to make it out like he's making excuses for losing.

He also said he usually comes into fight week at 165 and this time he came in at 161 and thought to himself it was going to be a breeze so I guess he either ate or drank something
but he was not specific. He basically said he fucked up

That's not what he said.

"I normally go to sleep the night before at about 165, this time I went to sleep about 161 so when we woke up at 5 AM".

bro wtf?? i've never seen that clip before. Lima was right on deaths door. Almost sad to see someone in that state. This shouldnt be legal imo.
I'm not your bro. Sorry but I am sick of being referred to as bro.

Back