Kevin Iole - Conor has no chance against Floyd

Apparently you also dont understand how odds work either.

(Pssst...they are about the house making money. Not the % each fighter has to win)

Duh, everyone knows its not the % each fighter has to win.

Its the % of how much of a chance the oddsmaker gives to the fighter. If you do convert the odds to percentage.

You really need to get some sleep

She was not as dominant, simply because she did not face the best fighters in her weight division. She didn't beat TJ Killashaw, She didn't beat Uriajah Faber, She didn't beat Dominic Cruz, She didn't Renan Barao.

We have to qualify Ronda's dominance with a "for a women" clause, and that is a huge and very important qualifier.

The UFC even had Ronda ranked as a p4p fighter. HAHAHAHA Essentially saying that she could beat Renan Barao who was a champ destroying opponents at that time.

This just shows how RIDICULOUS the hype was.

Serena Williams isn't dominant in tennis because she never faced Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer or Andy Murray? Is that what you are telling me?

Duh, everyone knows its not the % each fighter has to win.

Its the % of how much of a chance the oddsmaker gives to the fighter. If you do convert the odds to percentage.

You really need to get some sleep

Lmao. Ok man. Good luck with that.

When did the "she can beat Floyd" talk start? Why did she win an ESPY? After she was noticed by annihilating her opposition, and she won an ESPY because of it. She was dominant...12-0, all finishes and all but one fight inside of 1 round.

I am not a Ronda fan. I do not care for her attitude and how she handled adversity after the loss. But she was dominant up until the Holm loss.
Dominating a sport with awful talent like wmma shouldn't qualify Rousey for an ESPY for best female athlete of the year especially when Serena had won 4 slams in a row in a sport infinitely more talented than wmma, it shouldn't make people think she could beat Floyd Mayweather, it shouldn't put Rousey in the same conversation as female athletes like Serena Williams and Jackie Joyner Kersey, it shouldn't make people believe she is a once ever athlete.

I dislike Conor's antics more than anyone, but if you say "no chance", then you cannot be considered an expert of any combat sport
If Mayweather stays defensive, and doesn't get careless, Conor has zero chance.

I trust Kevin Iole on this one.

Too many people are fans of one sport, but not the other. Iole has covered both, and so has knowledge of both.

Too many Conor fans here think he has a chance, don't understand boxing and how Mayweather got to where he is and how elite you have to be. There's no denying that he cherry-picks fights to his advantage, but guy is a master at his craft. Watch some of his fellow peers or previous opponents talk about his he fights, and you will get a peek into the world of elite boxing.

To think Conor can step in there and win, let alone hang with Mayweather is the result of ignorance.

We all know that Iole is a UFC shill. It's been proven over and over.

We are going in circles. So, I will agree to disagree.

I don't think we are going around in circles. I originally said (and being sincere) never heard commentators/journalists speak bad about her when she hit the scene. WMMA hasn't been around as long as men's MMA. All I was trying to convey was that Ronda was dominant before Holly KO'd her. That is it, nothing more. She was dominant. Then people have to throw in the "oh, competition sucked so she really isn't that good" type of crap when her competition was as good as she could have faced at the time. Saying she didn't dominate her division because she didn't face the best, and adding TJ, Dominic, MEN is why I used the Serena Williams example.

She dominated her first 12 fights. DOMINATED.

Level of competition....Fedor was 11-1 in his first 12 fights, 4 of which went to decision. Who were his most notable wins? Renato Sobral, a guy 30 pounds lighter and Schilt, a converted K-1 fighter.

Bottom line is this...we do not know if we will ever see her in the Octagon again. If we do, and hopefully we do, I would like to see what kind of run she can go on. Give her a couple tune ups and see from there. If she cannot mentally recover and win, then I will be the first to admit she was one of these "flash in the pan" type fighters who simply got lucky and will say that I WAS WRONG...because I can admit when I am wrong.

So I disagree, to agree.

Dominating a sport with awful talent like wmma shouldn't qualify Rousey for an ESPY for best female athlete of the year especially when Serena had won 4 slams in a row in a sport infinitely more talented than wmma, it shouldn't make people think she could beat Floyd Mayweather, it shouldn't put Rousey in the same conversation as female athletes like Serena Williams and Jackie Joyner Kersey, it shouldn't make people believe she is a once ever athlete.

I agree. That may throw you for a loop.

The amount of "chance" that he has is so small it is basically irrelevant. If you want to be that guy and say he has a 1% chance or a 0.254% chance or whatever ridiculously specific number you want to pick then go ahead. In realistic terms though, he has no chance.

Its like saying you have a chance at winning the lottery. Sure its true, but it means virtually nothing.
images-51.jpg

Back