Kevin Iole - Conor has no chance against Floyd

The amount of "chance" that he has is so small it is basically irrelevant. If you want to be that guy and say he has a 1% chance or a 0.254% chance or whatever ridiculously specific number you want to pick then go ahead. In realistic terms though, he has no chance.

Its like saying you have a chance at winning the lottery. Sure its true, but it means virtually nothing.

Besides, If you convert Holly-Ronda odds to percentage, the result is probably something like 0.5%-1%.

You talking about being "realistic", lmao

Just because Floyd has a very high chance of winning, doesn't mean its guaranteed. Thats realism right there

I dislike Conor's antics more than anyone, but if you say "no chance", then you cannot be considered an expert of any combat sport
I could be wrong, but I don't believe he actually said that. I recall him saying he can't think of any way Conor wins.

She was, up until she got head kicked by Holly. I don't remember a single person saying she sucks, or was overrated. I do remember when there was talk of her being a one trick pony, then she started TKO/KO'ing opponents.
Actually the few people who could see through the hype were saying since day 1 that Ronda "once ever athlete" Rousey was overrated.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe he actually said that. I recall him saying he can't think of any way Conor wins.

Well its in the thread title, can't trust these Sherdog thread starters anymore smh

she was until Holly happened, she was beating the fuck outta girls left and right, don't let the hate cloud the facts
No she wasn't.

You can't say LaMelo Ball is the greatest basketball today because he scored 92 points in a high school game.

You have to respect the talent and skill of the athletes dominating at the highest level, and you have to respect the talent and skill of their opponents.

You can't tell that Ronda would have beaten another woman who fought EXACTLY like Fedor, Silva or Jon Jones.

That is bullshit. There are levels to athletic skill.
(1) Professional Men in the highest paying league (2) Professional men in lower paying leagues (3) Amateur men (4) Men playing in competitive recreational leagues (5) Men 16 to 18 in high school competition (5) Professional women in highest paying league.

I will even rank men training to look good and self-defense above professional women in the highest paying league.

Very simple question to those who think Conor has "no chance";

Why don't you bet all your life savings on Floyd? Thats free money, considering Conor has no chance of winning.

2 possible outcomes to this;

A) You are a pussy, and you admit that Conor do have a chance, by not betting all life savings on Floyd.

B) Next thing you are going to do is betting the house on Floyd.

Actually the few people who could see through the hype were saying since day 1 that Ronda "once ever athlete" Rousey was overrated.

Who? I seriously do not remember anyone saying anything negative other than after her first few armbar's she was called a one trick pony.

This is the same guy who wrote an article proclaiming that Ronda Rousey was just as dominant as Fedor, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones, and possibly even more dominant.

His opinion should always be taken with a grain of salt. He is not an expert.

Not untrue but I recommend watching the recent sparring match Conor had with Chris Van Heerden. They're sparring so no one is getting knocked out but Conor isn't exactly impressive.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/...egor-chris-van-heerden-floyd-mayweather-fight

Personally, I think that as a boxing match this is a total mismatch. If this was a MMA match then Conor could win. The smaller gloves and different rules would work in his favor but boxing? I'm sorry but no. I'm with Iron Mike on this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...or-McGregor-s-chances-against-Mayweather.html

Who? I seriously do not remember anyone saying anything negative other than after her first few armbar's she was called a one trick pony.
It was a small group not blinded by the hype. People who knew she was dominating a sport with hilariously awful talent. People who knew she couldn't beat Floyd Mayweather, people who knew she was nowhere close to being a once ever athlete, people who knew she didn't deserve that ESPY for best female athlete of the year, people who knew that she had no business being mentioned in the same conversation as the truly great female athletes.

So, because Jim Jones made a bunch of people drink the "Kool Aid" it means he was a great prophet? No.

Ronda's deficiencies were glaring from the start, and Kevin Iole ranked her among the GOATs of the sport. Completely disrespecting the skill level of the GOATs and the opponents their defeated.

He essentially was saying, if there was a female at Ronda's time, who could fight exactly like Fedor, Anderson Silva, or Jon Jones, Ronda would be that female in a matter of seconds, because Ronda was consistently finishing her opponents faster than Fedor, Silva and Jones ever did.

That is just ludicrous. Kevin Iole has no credibility. A fool can make the right prediction, there is no law against that.

I said she was just as dominant until she got head kicked by Holly. 12 wins, all but one fight went outside of 1 round and all finishes. Everyone will always pick apart someone's accomplishments after they lose. Sherdog is famous for this...2 losses in a row and "fighter A" was overrated.

For the record, I was never a fan of Ronda Rousey, I didn't care for her attitude, her DNB crap. It was good to see her balloon get deflated.

Very simple question to those who think Conor has "no chance";

Why don't you bet all your life savings on Floyd? Thats free money, considering Conor has no chance of winning.

2 possible outcomes to this;

A) You are a pussy, and you admit that Conor do have a chance, by not betting all life savings on Floyd.

B) Next thing you are going to do is betting the house on Floyd.

I've put a grand on Mayweather to win by first round stoppage at 33/1.

This is the same guy who wrote an article proclaiming that Ronda Rousey was just as dominant as Fedor, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones, and possibly even more dominant.

His opinion should always be taken with a grain of salt. He is not an expert.

She had an extremely dominant run though, regardless if her competition was trash or not

It was a small group not blinded by the hype. People who knew she was dominating a sport with hilariously awful talent. People who knew she couldn't beat Floyd Mayweather, people who knew she was nowhere close to being a once ever athlete, people who knew she didn't deserve that ESPY for best female athlete of the year, people who knew that she had no business being mentioned in the same conversation as the truly great female athletes.

When did the "she can beat Floyd" talk start? Why did she win an ESPY? After she was noticed by annihilating her opposition, and she won an ESPY because of it. She was dominant...12-0, all finishes and all but one fight inside of 1 round.

I am not a Ronda fan. I do not care for her attitude and how she handled adversity after the loss. But she was dominant up until the Holm loss.

She had an extremely dominant run though, regardless if her competition was trash or not
She had a great run. No doubt. That is not my contention. My issue is that Kevin Iole tried to argue that Ronda's run was equally and arguably even better than Fedor, Silva and Jon Jones.

That is just ridiculous. Because Ronda DID NOT beat the best fighters who fight at 135 e.g. TJ Killashaw, Uriajah Faber, Renan Barao and etc. So, how the hell can you compare her dominance to that of male GOATs?

Her dominance is not transferable nor comparable to the male arena.

Thats the point.

0.0000001% chance is very close to %0, yet so far. In combat sports there will ALWAYS be a chance, like it or not.

And lol at the lottery example, Looks like the chances are still good enough for you to squeeze in the word "virtually" in there.

So it doesn't actually mean nothing? And you said Conor has "no chance", make up your mind mate. Before trying to change mine

Seeing as you dont seem to undestand basic probability I'm just going to not bother with this.

Which is probably what i should have done in the first place.

I said she was just as dominant until she got head kicked by Holly. 12 wins, all but one fight went outside of 1 round and all finishes. Everyone will always pick apart someone's accomplishments after they lose. Sherdog is famous for this...2 losses in a row and "fighter A" was overrated.

For the record, I was never a fan of Ronda Rousey, I didn't care for her attitude, her DNB crap. It was good to see her balloon get deflated.
She was not as dominant, simply because she did not face the best fighters in her weight division. She didn't beat TJ Killashaw, She didn't beat Uriajah Faber, She didn't beat Dominic Cruz, She didn't Renan Barao.

We have to qualify Ronda's dominance with a "for a women" clause, and that is a huge and very important qualifier.

The UFC even had Ronda ranked as a p4p fighter. HAHAHAHA Essentially saying that she could beat Renan Barao who was a champ destroying opponents at that time.

This just shows how RIDICULOUS the hype was.

Seeing as you dont seem to undestand basic probability I'm just going to not bother with this.

Which is probably what i should have done in the first place.

Lol.

You literally implied that Conor does have a very little chance, and then said Conor has no chance, in the same post.

The logic fail there, is still worse than not being able to understand basic probability.

Please don't bother with it. But maybe do, when you make up your mind about his chances of winning.

Besides, If you convert Holly-Ronda odds to percentage, the result is probably something like 0.5%-1%.

You talking about being "realistic", lmao

Apparently you also dont understand how odds work either.

(Pssst...they are about the house making money. Not the % each fighter has to win)

Back