Kevin Durant should NOT have been allowed to Join the Warriors.

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Jack Handy jr, May 29, 2018.

1. TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

This is what I always say. Teams really need to focus on developing players, systems, and cultures. That's what actually wins titles...not big time free agent signings. If you go back through the history of the league there has only been one team since 1960 that wasn't led or co-led by at least one home-grown player. That was the 2004 Detroit Pistons.

Free agent signings are still essential don't get me wrong. But you need that one guy to get it all started and build around. Whether it's a Kobe, Dirk, Wade, Lebron, Pierce, Curry, Olajuwon, ect...you need somebody. Then you can make big free agent signings/trades and contend for titles.

That is how you know this Rockets team is not going to ever win a title. Nobody is homegrown.

Jack Handy jr and Jackie Blue like this.
  2. SportsBarGod

SportsBarGod Silver Belt

Not allowed... lol

Jackie Blue likes this.
  3. Jackie Blue

Jackie Blue Red Belt

Game really should have been closer than that. After J.R. went full retard it really took the wind out of their sails. Bron only had 2 points in overtime after dropping 49 in regulation. Bron also was royally pissed when Lue pulled him early in game 2. I think this is going to be a sweep now.

Lue is going to stick with Smith no matter what, he doesn't make adjustments like the top coaches. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the Cavs fire Lue after the season and try to get a more analytics-minded Brad Stevens-type coach. And Bron is gone too. Celtics win the East easily next season. Their 8-man rotation of Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Morris, Horford, Brown, Rozier and Smart is going to be sick. They'll be contending for championships for years...

KONG-D'SNT-TAP likes this.
  4. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

KONG-D'SNT-TAP Titanium Belt

I’m not a huge basketball aficionado like a lot of you guys here but I always like the nba playoffs and finals.

A sweep is something I could see happening. Golden state is too stacked but Lebron can get them one win in the finals, I just don’t see Cleveland winning the entire thing though

Jackie Blue likes this.
  5. Jackie Blue

Jackie Blue Red Belt

Stephen A. Smith was saying something similar today. That Bron's greatness should be good for 1 win at leas and that he would hold it against him if they get swept. That said, to be fair it was kinda like game 1 was that game and J.R. blew it, and he's totally sucked this series and all-playoffs long, yet the overrated coach keeps him in there almost the entire game anyway throughout the playoffs.

6. imarayda

imarayda Purple Belt

Like many have already said, golden state actually built their team the right way and nothing could've stopped Durant from going to GS. That being said the only answer is to shame Durant, in hopes that in the future other players don't do the same.

7. hasar

hasar Black Belt

Shaq, Kobe, Jones, Van Exel was super team too. 4 all star player.

8. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

If anything youll see more of it. Players want rings.

9. echohead

echohead Black Belt

Right?
    Durant with his FMVP, giant media deals, worthwhile teammates, and of course.winning titles. Who would want that?

PUO3 likes this.
  10. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Its weird how folks are reacting like hes the first to do it. Not sure why so many feelings are hurt pretending like he is the first player to chase a ring lol.

I guess its just that he does a lot of unlikeable things.

11. Magooglie

Magooglie Steel Belt

Would basketball be better with less teams?

12. Jack Handy jr

Jack Handy jr Silver Belt

Durant to the Pistons or the Rockets would be far more intriguing thae giving Godzilla aka GSW the best single season team in NBA history a nuclear bomb in the consensus second best player in the league

13. Jack Handy jr

getting rid of GSW, the Pelicans, and Memphis would spread some talent aound. placing a team back in Seattle, or in Vegas would be a good business move too.

14. Jack Handy jr

whuh....you know you love my presence on SD agg don't try to covey favor by dick riding derpvolver...he thinks you're poor anyway.

15. bad seed

bad seed Gold Belt

I'm with you @Jack Handy jr. It's time for the feds to step in and break up this team. Sick of this shit!

Jack Handy jr likes this.
  16. bad seed

bad seed Gold Belt

every major sport would be improved with less teams. There's not enough talent to go around to stack rosters with elite players.

17. Bobby 3 Sticks

Bobby 3 Sticks Green Belt

This retarded shit deserved another reminder after tonight. Homeboy should be banned from the bar

18. asdffdsa

asdffdsa Brown Belt

Based on one game? An outlier in many different ways at that.

Cans + 11 second chance points. If curry and klay only sucked a little and offensive rebounds were close gsw wins. You are what is wrong with mankind.

19. Bobby 3 Sticks

Bobby 3 Sticks Green Belt

You make a retarded post Durant beasts on Cavs 2 straight games (including game 3 where Curry was absent), Warriors looking at 3 titles in 4 years yet an athletic center would make them better? When you say retarded shit you deserve to be called retarded

20. Jack Handy jr

On the verge of a sweep.... game 4 will be the first in the series that I watch I'm calling it Lebron 50+ points 12 assists 10 rebounds cavs by 2 in overtime