Kevin Durant should NOT have been allowed to Join the Warriors.

OK golden state is better than the rockets are without chris paul
Golden State missing their former finals mvp and defensive stalwart too.

Staying healthy is part of sports, often it is the healthiest team that does well in the playoffs.

Another idiot that speaks in gifs.
Your only reason for dumping the best offensive player in the game today is because they gave up 15 more on the glass but I'm the idiot

<YeahOKJen>

And who is this magical center that makes it all better?

Your only reason for dumping the best offensive player in the game today is because they gave up 15 more on the glass but I'm the idiot

<YeahOKJen>

Boogie to Alameda LOOMS!

<YeahOKJen>

Yes I'm basing everything on one game and Lebron is proving to be the best offensive player in the game.

Cleveland + 15 offensive rebounds. Jrs last rebound was over durant. Same story vs houston. The best team lost that series.

Durant is shooting like garbage because he routinely settles for the worst shots.

He isnt even trying to guard lebron. Every screen is an automatic switch leaving curry on lebron most of the time.
Did you watch how that team played all season....? They wouldnt even be there this year without him. Stop talking out of your ass just because you dislike him.

Yes I'm basing everything on one game and Lebron is proving to be the best offensive player in the game.
LeHGH is proving to be the best ballhog .

Pelton just did an excellent article explaining how LeHGH doesn't actually improve teammates

I don't dislike Durant. This is more about a glaring weakness in the supposed greatest team of all time.

Durant is absolutely an outlier in terms of ability to score a basketball even by NBA standards.

I would agree that some of brons stats come at the expense of closer to optimal team play. Given how much time he spends with the ball he is going to load the stat sheet. That doesn't mean he isn't scoring a lot of points very efficiently at the moment.

I would agree that some of brons stats come at the expense of closer to optimal team play. Given how much time he spends with the ball he is going to load the stat sheet. That doesn't mean he isn't scoring a lot of points very efficiently at the moment.

Dude is at something like a 62% TS% in the playoffs. He's made the third most amount of passes and has the highest number of assists. He's not a stat-stuffer like Westbrook.

I know this has been said on here before just after watching my Rockets go down in 7 to a team with 6 all stars is shameful and tbh a little corny.

The Kevin Durant trade should have been blocked. similar to how certain mega corporations cant get together and just ball out on consumers wallets.

to put it in perspective it would be like having prime Randy Moss, barry Sanders, and John Randle on a good NFL team

The GSW have destroyed the competitive balance of the NBA for the foreseeable future. that said I'm okay with a "BIG 3" but a big 4, 5, or 6 shouldn't be allowed. the limit to all star fire power should be two or three players max.

i'm completely disinterested in the Finals. not because my Rockets lost. but because barring a significant injury to curry or Durant CAVs V Warriors is a foregone conclusion.

thoughts?
I'm sure you mean well, but I disagree in several areas. I agree with you that Durant should have either stayed with Oklahoma City or joined another team like the Celtics (he says he almost did, and would have if the Warriors hadn't lost to the Cavaliers that year). However, the Warriors drafted ALL of their main guys besides Durant. Durant also was going to lose money signing anywhere else besides OK City. They had a TON of cap space because their main guys mostly had already signed lesser contracts when the cap was considerably lower, with only Curry getting a well-deserved max contract after being the most underpaid player in the league for YEARS. The Warriors made a lot of great moves and deserved to be rewarded. The league had no legitimate reason to interfere, and whatever criticism there was should have been reserved for Durant choosing to sign there.

What’s even crazier is they only beat Cleveland by 10.

Shows how sick Lebron is.

I think Durant is a stone cold bitch for going to Golden State.

That said: Golden State enjoys what happens when you build around home-grown talent. All of their stars were drafted and developed. That left a giant amount of money on the table for free agents. They lucked out in getting Steph long term and cheap after his series of ankle injuries, so none of the contracts were weighing them down. It's an expertly built and developed team. More teams should focus on building that way instead of dumping assets and trying to pay a fuck ton of money for free agents, or otherwise dumping all of their money into max contracts.

My Wizards are fucked because we gave a massive max contract to Bradley "18% shooting in fourth quarters" Beal and the same for a guy [Porter] who the coaching staff refuses to draw plays for, despite being one of the most efficient shooters in the league. We dumped everything we had into two players who don't earn the checks. We've dumped a ton of first round picks in favor of picking up ridiculously bloated contracts (Mahinmi, looking at you bud) that further cripple us. Our drafting has been hit or miss. Porter is good, and likely a future All-Star. Oubre has a lot of potential.

But we've also drafted absolute duds. Jan Vesely over Kemba Walker (the John Wall doppelganger), Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, or even Jimmy Butler. We drafted fucking Kwame Brown over a slew of future All-Stars, for fuck's sake.

I would kill for the attention to detail and development coming from the Warrior's organization. Their drafting and development lead to an opportunity to pick up a top-3 player in the league to complement 3 guys in the top 30. That's wild.

Even if it makes Durant a baby back bitch.

I think Durant is a stone cold bitch for going to Golden State.

That said: Golden State enjoys what happens when you build around home-grown talent. All of their stars were drafted and developed. That left a giant amount of money on the table for free agents. They lucked out in getting Steph long term and cheap after his series of ankle injuries, so none of the contracts were weighing them down. It's an expertly built and developed team. More teams should focus on building that way instead of dumping assets and trying to pay a fuck ton of money for free agents, or otherwise dumping all of their money into max contracts.

My Wizards are fucked because we gave a massive max contract to Bradley "18% shooting in fourth quarters" Beal and the same for a guy [Porter] who the coaching staff refuses to draw plays for, despite being one of the most efficient shooters in the league. We dumped everything we had into two players who don't earn the checks. We've dumped a ton of first round picks in favor of picking up ridiculously bloated contracts (Mahinmi, looking at you bud) that further cripple us. Our drafting has been hit or miss. Porter is good, and likely a future All-Star. Oubre has a lot of potential.

But we've also drafted absolute duds. Jan Vesely over Kemba Walker (the John Wall doppelganger), Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, or even Jimmy Butler. We drafted fucking Kwame Brown over a slew of future All-Stars, for fuck's sake.

I would kill for the attention to detail and development coming from the Warrior's organization. Their drafting and development lead to an opportunity to pick up a top-3 player in the league to complement 3 guys in the top 30. That's wild.

Even if it makes Durant a baby back bitch.
Thunder had home grown talent too. They had arguably 3 of the 5 best players in the world. They couldn’t keep it together and likely wouldn’t have coexisted well anyway.

I'm still amazed that the NBA thought Chris Paul (CP0) could upset the balance of power in the NBA.

Thunder had home grown talent too. They had arguably 3 of the 5 best players in the world. They couldn’t keep it together and likely wouldn’t have coexisted well anyway.
It's westbricks fault

I completely dislike these Warriors cause I think they're a bunch of assholes (biased opinion though).
That being said, more power to them. It's up to the other GM's to do better.
I still think it was a bitch move by KD to join the team he almost beat that year en route to the Finals, but that's not on GSW.

Back