Kevin Durant should NOT have been allowed to Join the Warriors.

Do you think the same for your own career? Do you not go to the best available employer, so that the talent is spread around to lesser employers?

Unless you do, stop being a hypocrite.

I always wanted Barry Sanders on that 90s Dallas team with that O-line. They would’ve won like 5 straight SBs.

KD was superfluous. They were a 73-win team, and proven NBA champs. They had already built the perfect team to exploit the league's current rule system. Steph, Klay, Draymond as your core, Bogut as your rim protector/enforcer, and Barnes to pick up whatever's left. They possessed a chemistry that can't be up duplicated by just bringing a big name like KD. KD is great, but the didn't need him.

Yea true but they werent gonna give barnes that big contract and boguts health was never stable. If you can get the big upgrade you go for it id say

I know this has been said on here before just after watching my Rockets go down in 7 to a team with 6 all stars is shameful and tbh a little corny.

The Kevin Durant trade should have been blocked. similar to how certain mega corporations cant get together and just ball out on consumers wallets.

to put it in perspective it would be like having prime Randy Moss, barry Sanders, and John Randle on a good NFL team

The GSW have destroyed the competitive balance of the NBA for the foreseeable future. that said I'm okay with a "BIG 3" but a big 4, 5, or 6 shouldn't be allowed. the limit to all star fire power should be two or three players max.

i'm completely disinterested in the Finals. not because my Rockets lost. but because barring a significant injury to curry or Durant CAVs V Warriors is a foregone conclusion.

thoughts?

How many stupid shots did you see jacked up by the Rockets? It isn't a surprise they were 7 and 44 from the three point line.

As a kid, I used to wonder what it would be like if a real super team was formed. I thought it'd be awesome to watch a juggernaut.

I was wrong.

Didnt really care for the durant anake issue, until they beat my Rockets and now im angry. He should go to the east and challenge lebron and boston.

KD was superfluous. They were a 73-win team, and proven NBA champs. They had already built the perfect team to exploit the league's current rule system. Steph, Klay, Draymond as your core, Bogut as your rim protector/enforcer, and Barnes to pick up whatever's left. They possessed a chemistry that can't be up duplicated by just bringing a big name like KD. KD is great, but the didn't need him.

he need them though and to borrow a Tony Kornheiser reference if the NBA had a living breathing commissioner this shouldn't have been allowed to happen. Golden State as its currently constructed is essentially an all star team. how can other teams compete against that?

I remember in the 80's every team basically had one star and maybe one ancillary "good player" the rest were role guys exp

Isaiah - Dumars

Iverson - snow

Ewing - starks

Jordan - pip

Hill - Nash

then you had the super teams of the Lakers and Celtics that had too much talent it was like every year celts lakers until my Pistons (team at the time crushed the Celtics) had their run.

Houston should have loaded up too. All they got was Chris Paul. The Clips were looking to trade Blake Griffin as well. Houston should have worked something out there.

Blake is so passive aggressive...just the way his character is he cant mesh with a true alpha like Paul.

So that wouldn't have been a good move. Trade James Harden for Anthony Davis. trade ariza for a good proven shooter and Houston sweeps GSW next year....maybe not sweep but def would win

As a kid, I used to wonder what it would be like if a real super team was formed. I thought it'd be awesome to watch a juggernaut.

I was wrong.

exactly atleast with the Pistons you had the Bulls Celtics had the Lakers the last four years have been corny imo. no one iof they're being honest thinks that the Cavs will beat GSW. it took a hero performance from Kyrie to get the one win they did get.

Lebron is too nice to alpha assassin a whole team like the mamba, Jordan or what Russell westbrook tries to do.

images

Lebron is too nice to alpha assassin a whole team like the mamba, Jordan or what Russell westbrook tries to do.

Lebron can't give anymore. He is doing everything including banging the boards. Lebron is one of the few players whose stats get better in the playoffs. He can't do more. No one can. Physically, he can't play harder or like this in the regular season. Westbrook plays all out, all the time but it doesn't help the team and he slumps in the playoffs.

he need them though and to borrow a Tony Kornheiser reference if the NBA had a living breathing commissioner this shouldn't have been allowed to happen. Golden State as its currently constructed is essentially an all star team. how can other teams compete against that?

I remember in the 80's every team basically had one star and maybe one ancillary "good player" the rest were role guys exp

Isaiah - Dumars

Iverson - snow

Ewing - starks

Jordan - pip

Hill - Nash

then you had the super teams of the Lakers and Celtics that had too much talent it was like every year celts lakers until my Pistons (team at the time crushed the Celtics) had their run.

When Lebron left for Miami, he set a new precedent IMO. He broke the barrier for 1st Team All NBA level guys, leaving their teams to join another 1st Team All NBA level Guy's team. Prior to that, you'd see big names leave their to chase a ring, but always aging stars like Malone, Drexler, etc. We simply live in a new era, where top names care less about being an alpha, and more about being able to collect rings.

When Lebron left for Miami, he set a new precedent IMO. He broke the barrier for 1st Team All NBA level guys, leaving their teams to join another 1st Team All NBA level Guy's team. Prior to that, you'd see big names leave their to chase a ring, but always aging stars like Malone, Drexler, etc. We simply live in a new era, where top names care less about being an alpha, and more about being able to collect rings.
Well, I guess he broke that final barrier you describe, but KG had been 1st team in 2007 and joined up with guys who were all-NBA multiple times previously. Maybe not quite first team, but Pierce was 2nd team their first year together (3rd team the year before) and he and Ray both had made All-NBA teams repeatedly. And while they weren't as young as the Heat 'big 3' none of them were out of their primes yet. Bern and Co. took it to a slightly higher level, but I've always felt that Celtics team was the precedent for all of this moreso than the Heat.

We've entered the Handy vs. Revolver era

choose sides wisely sherdoggers I'm almost certain I'm close to being asked to become a senior forum moderator.

then derpvolver and I can hurl lightning at one another like the ancient Mahabharata battles

Is Revi really a mod? I've always assumed he just convinced someone to give him a blue font.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back