Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

There's a couple of scratches in the 8th race at Belmont, including Limousine Liberal, which now means I've adjusted Westwood to a 37.6% chance and 9/5 fair odds. I really did not want any scratches in this race, though, as the percentage is just based on the numbers. I actually liked him a little more than that when visualizing how the race may play out (love his potential positional advantage in it) and thought about taking a shot by keying him in exactas and tris. I could still do that I suppose (#6 over #4, #8), but the return won't be nearly as much now.

i can get westwood at 5/1 is that worth a punt?

I'll be playing those two exactas in race 8 at Belmont as well for $5 each. #6 over #4, #8.

Westwood went full retard there. Unbelievable.

Bah #3 ruined everything on race #8 in belmont friday. Granted #6 completely shit the bed...had he come in 4th I'd be extremely tilted

Last edited:
Bah #3 ruined everything on race #8 in belmont friday

You went with an exacta box I assume? I needed the #6 to win only, so I was screwed when he started taking a right instead of a left on the turn.

Just playing the two races tomorrow on the Belmont card. In fact my bets are already in since there is a chance that I'm also going to be missing these live.

==========

Belmont Stakes (race 11);

- #7 Tenfold to win for $20
- #7 Tenfold, #4 Hofburg, and #4 Vino Rosso in a $5 exacta box ($30 total)

Met Mile (race 9);

- #10 Bee Jersey to win for $20
- #10 Bee Jersey, #11 Awesome Slew over #3 Limousine Liberal, #6 One Liner, #10 Bee Jersey, #11 Awesome Slew in $5 exactas ($30)

==========

How likable is Hoppertunity? Had every excuse to quit during the stretch when bumped & blocked, and yet still digs down to get another G2 win. As an old 7 year-old.

Final plays for the Belmont:

Exacta: Tenfold, Hofburg / Justify, Tenfold, Vino Rosso, Hofburg
Trifecta: Justify, Tenfold / Justify, Tenfold, Vino Rosso, Hofburg / Justify, Tenfold, Vino Rosso, Hofburg
Tenfold to W/P/S
Superfecta (tiny, just for fun): Tenfold / Justify / Hofburg / Vino Rosso

Also, tailing @Sharkey on the Met Mile. Thanks again bud for everything you do here. Good luck all.

Final plays for the Belmont:

Exacta: Tenfold, Hofburg / Justify, Tenfold, Vino Rosso, Hofburg
Trifecta: Justify, Tenfold / Justify, Tenfold, Vino Rosso, Hofburg / Justify, Tenfold, Vino Rosso, Hofburg
Tenfold to W/P/S
Superfecta (tiny, just for fun): Tenfold / Justify / Hofburg / Vino Rosso

Also, tailing @Sharkey on the Met Mile. Thanks again bud for everything you do here. Good luck all.

Bring your own Triple Crown home, T. Hopefully the only one we see today (for my $ake). Best of luck.

I'll be shocked if World of Trouble isn't the clear favourite coming up next in the Woody Stephens. If he isn't the favourite by post time I may have to play him. The 7/2 he is right now is quite playable if it stands.

Yeah, I'll pass. World of Trouble is the favourite now, and based on the will pays he'll remain so. Should be a fun race, though, with a lot of fast horses.

Back