Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Curious how this #6 horse does at Finger Lakes here as I thought about playing it and it's 8/1 as they enter the gates.

All these friggin races today, and yet there's only one horse that has what I'm looking for;

Race 7 at Evangeline - #12 Grand Hoga 6/1

Same deal. $20 to win. If it's end up a wet track then I'll pass. If he gets overbet I'll pass. I'm probably looking for at least 3/1 on him when the time comes. And if I snooze again I lose.

Shitty news. This guy was just named the "chalk buster play of the day" on the Evangeline track feed, so I can probably forget about getting any sort of decent price on him. 6/1 on the morning line and he may go off at 2/1 or even shorter now.

The slop, sleep, and now short. It would be nice to be able to make a bet again on a race. It's been since Monday.

Shitty news. This guy was just named the "chalk buster play of the day" on the Evangeline track feed, so I can probably forget about getting any sort of decent price on him. 6/1 on the morning line and he may go off at 2/1 or even shorter now.

The slop, sleep, and now short. It would be nice to be able to make a bet again on a race. It's been since Monday.

The benefits of this guy getting overbet was I was able to save my money on that terrible effort.

Couldn't find anything for most of the day and pretty much gave up looking until I found this guy for late this evening;

Race 7 at Northlands Park - #9 True Thought 9/2

This guy has a big 44 point edge on the numbers, so I'll be pretty forgiving on what kind of odds I get. Basically anything around 2/1 or better is good enough for me, but hoping for more. I'll also be keying the #9 over the #7, #8 in a pair of exactas as well, as those two have a fair sized edge (27 points) over my 4th ranked horse.

Couldn't find anything for most of the day and pretty much gave up looking until I found this guy for late this evening;

Race 7 at Northlands Park - #9 True Thought 9/2

This guy has a big 44 point edge on the numbers, so I'll be pretty forgiving on what kind of odds I get. Basically anything around 2/1 or better is good enough for me, but hoping for more. I'll also be keying the #9 over the #7, #8 in a pair of exactas as well, as those two have a fair sized edge (27 points) over my 4th ranked horse.

Finally got a bet in, but this guy could only manage a 3rd for me after having a clear lead at the top of the stretch.

A few horses have what I'm looking for today, although none of them are likely to go off at great odds;

Race 8 at Parx - #7 Larco Mar 4/1 (25.4% = 3/1 fair odds)
Race 9 at Woodbine - #7 Abbaa 5/2 (45.1% = 6/5 fair odds)
Race 6 at Penn National - #7 Magritte 3/1 (31.5% = 2/1 fair odds)

I'll play each of them to win if I get something a little better than what I have for their fair odds and if they get a dry track.

I also think I'll be taking a break from this stuff after today. This shit is getting tiresome spending a couple of hours every day looking over PP's and punching numbers in a calculator. Plus I have some work to get done over the next couple of weeks as well.

#7 over #2, #9 in a pair of exactas in this Woodbine race. Hopefully I can play the #7 to win too, which I wasn't able to do with that horse at Parx who got bet down a little too much for my liking (and finished a troubled 3rd).

#7 over #2, #9 in a pair of exactas in this Woodbine race. Hopefully I can play the #7 to win too, which I wasn't able to do with that horse at Parx who got bet down a little too much for my liking (and finished a troubled 3rd).

I'm in for the exactas and the win bet. Hopefully this 2/1 holds. GL and thanks Shark!

I guess we should have played the trifecta there too!

A $130 return for a $30 investment is nothing to complain about, though. I'll take it.

Magritte easily by at least 5 lengths in that Penn National race. I bet him when he was at 3/1 just before they entered the gate, but then cancelled my bet at the last second when someone dropped him down to 8/5 while they were in the gates. Oh well. No biggie.

Magritte easily by at least 5 lengths in that Penn National race. I bet him when he was at 3/1 just before they entered the gate, but then cancelled my bet at the last second when someone dropped him down to 8/5 while they were in the gates. Oh well. No biggie.

I was going to tail you on that one too but I got distracted and just remembered.

Good way to go out on that nice hit from earlier though if you’re taking a break bud.

I was going to tail you on that one too but I got distracted and just remembered.

Good way to go out on that nice hit from earlier though if you’re taking a break bud.

It's a little frustrating that he got bet down like that at the last minute, T, but I wanted him at 5/2 or better. Not 8/5.

Cheers T. Maybe next weekend we'll find something to play. By the Belmont card for sure. Just have to give my brain a bit of a break from this stuff. Plus I have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me with work.

It's a little frustrating that he got bet down like that at the last minute, T, but I wanted him at 5/2 or better. Not 8/5.

Cheers T. Maybe next weekend we'll find something to play. By the Belmont card for sure. Just have to give my brain a bit of a break from this stuff. Plus I have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me with work.
Gonna miss you Sharkey! Thanks for all the plays lately. You've been killing it! And like t6p said, definitely going out with some big wins! I'll be here, waiting and ready when you come back. Enjoy the much needed rest away from this capping.

Gonna miss you Sharkey! Thanks for all the plays lately. You've been killing it! And like t6p said, definitely going out with some big wins! I'll be here, waiting and ready when you come back. Enjoy the much needed rest away from this capping.

Cheers Fred.

I always bet against a horse attempting to win the triple crown and unlike you, Meat, I don't hate it at all. I love it actually as it's probably the best opportunity of the year to make some money with so many people betting with their hearts hoping a horse can do it, and then all those $2 souvenir win bets on him as well.

Yeah, uh, good luck with that ya putz.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back