Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Haha. Umm, well. Let's just say that it wouldn't be shocking at all if that's the only bet we cash today, Steve. Nice job hitting your first one, though.

This horse race thing is easy money...nothing to it.

Fair Grounds Race 4 - #8 Valadorna ($10 to win), #6 Majestic Angel ($10 to place), and then a straight exacta between the two with the #8 on top ($5)

Looks like Valadorna has scratched out of this race, so it's going to end up being another $5/$10 bet for me here with the #6 horse.

It's always nice when you can find some kind of reasoning to bet a horse that looks like it's going to go off as the longest shot on the board in a field of 8.

QUITE happy with my decision to make today my first day trying horses...and of course thanks for the actual hard work and posting Shark.

3 wins and 1 second with 6 races in the books now. Finished a half length out of another 2nd in the other race.

I've got 5 horses running with the E2 angle today (pre-scratches), although the price may not be all that great on a couple come post time. But whatever. Stick to the plan, Sharkey. Stick to the fucking plan.

Gulfstream Race 4 - #7 Fast Fact ($10 to place)
Gulfstream Race 5 - #6 Starship Impulse ($5 to win, $10 to place)
Laurel Park Race 5 - #7 Silver Cowboy ($5 to win, $10 to place)
Sunland Race 1 - #6 Shoe Game ($5 to win, $10 to place)
Gulfstream Race 7 - #6 Great Skellig ($5 to place)

These E2 horses that are strict to my angle are 5-5-3 out of 17 starters over the last 3 days, so hopefully that streak continues on into today.

First E2 horse of the day wins at nearly 7/1, which I didn't bet being the dumby I am. Still got a nice place payout at north of 3/1, though.

Two wins for E2 horses in a matter of 30 seconds. Granted both went off as the favourites in their races, which I thought could be the case going in. They did do what they were supposed to do, though.

Just one for me today that fits what I'm looking for;

Turf Paradise Race 1 - #5 One Simple Rule 15/1 ML ($5 to win, $10 to place)

There's only 6 horses signed on to that race, so if there ends up being a scratch or two then I'm not even going to bother.

Only one for me again today;

Mahoning Valley Race 4 - #5 It's a Major Award 10/1 ML ($5 to win, $10 to place)

Only one for me again today;

Mahoning Valley Race 4 - #5 It's a Major Award 10/1 ML ($5 to win, $10 to place)

Won't be able to watch but I'm tailing. GL Shark and thanks.

Won't be able to watch but I'm tailing. GL Shark and thanks.

Cheers T. We're taking a bit of a shot here with a longer priced horse in a field where there looks to be a clear favourite. But if the favourite doesn't run it's race then I think we have as good a shot as any and better than most even without the E2 angle working for us. There seems to be a lot of speed in this race (at least on paper), so our guy just might get the right set up to take advantage of. Not sure we quite get 10/1 considering (with these smaller tracks who knows though), but this guy looks like he's worth the gamble. Good luck to you as well, T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back