Ken shamrock worst declined fighter ever ?

Honestly, he knew a few leglocks before anyone else did. His stand up was garbage and he took all the drugs.

I've heard he's a real douche in real life, not surprising he on the heroin/methadone.

Honestly, he knew a few leglocks before anyone else did. His stand up was garbage and he took all the drugs.

I've heard he's a real douche in real life, not surprising he on the heroin/methadone.
Many people knew about leglocks

Not sure if you're serious about the top 3 part--certainly don't agree with that. However, I do think he was the best NHB fighter at the time he beat Severn--and that's saying something. He also beat Oleg and would certainly win a decision vs. Royce if there were judges. He later lost a close, controversial split decision to Severn. Then he left the sport just as guys like Coleman and Kerr hit the scene. While I don't think he'd beat them, I think he'd remain a Top 5 HW for several years if he didn't move to pro wrestling.

Yes, his skillset was limited, but there were no true well-rounded fighters in the mid-90s. The closest were Ruas (who never could beat Oleg) and maybe Frye, who couldn't beat the much bigger but less well-rounded Coleman. It's not fair to compare any of these guys with current well-rounded fighters. They have the benefit of almost 25 years of evolution and training. And we still have somewhat successful HWs like Derrick Lewis whose skillset isn't much different than 1990s HWs.

He did not beat Oleg it was officially a draw

Unofficially it was a work between two training partners from the same gym

Igor Vovchanchyn would have raped Shamrock in 1996

Igor Vovchanchyn would have raped Shamrock in 1996

I seriously doubt it. Igor was subbed twice in 1995. He also tapped out twice in his first fight vs Nick Nutter in 1997 though the ref didn't acknowledge it (Igor later "won" via headbutts). Igor didn't have much of a ground game and mostly fought scrubs his first few years. Unlike most would-be nostalgists around here, I was actually following the sport back then.

After Ken's layoff, I'd pick Igor to win, though. Igor's ground game was considerably better by then and a 4-year layoff was too much for Ken--the sport was evolving too fast at that time.

By today's standards, pretty much everyone's stand-up was garbage in the mid-90s....except a few kickboxers whose ground games were garbage.

I've heard this criticism of Ken many times, but no one talks about how bad Royce or Severn's striking was back then. They're just "legends" who we "must respect" and "not compare to modern MMA fighters."

By today's standards, pretty much everyone's stand-up was garbage in the mid-90s....except a few kickboxers whose ground games were garbage.

I've heard this criticism of Ken many times, but no one talks about how bad Royce or Severn's striking was back then. They're just "legends" who we "must respect" and "not compare to modern MMA fighters."

http://twitpic.com/cksc9p

Ken took ridiculously stiff chairshots while in the WWE - both to show/prove he was tougher than the other fake wrestlers who took them at the time as well, and because the fake wrestlers would really wallop him to try and show him how tough he wasn't.

Ken is obviously brain damaged and has been for awhile if you listen to him talk.

Ken took ridiculously stiff chairshots while in the WWE - both to show/prove he was tougher than the other fake wrestlers who took them at the time as well, and because the fake wrestlers would really wallop him to try and show him how tough he wasn't.

Ken is obviously brain damaged and has been for awhile if you listen to him talk.

Ken got injured bad in 99 in WWF can't remember by who now

Them years ruined his mma fighting abilities but made him a star

Ken isn't brain damaged he's still very sharp and having a successful post mma career

He also got jumped by a couple of fake wrestlers in a hotel room and received a bad beating...can't remember who it was because I don't keep up with the WWE.

I am saying that it looked like Ken Shamrock and Kimo agreed to put on two fake fights, otherwise known as works.

The 1st fight was THE Superfight of the Night. Was his chance to shine.. Why would he throw that fight? Do you know Kimo´s history and carreer?

Kimo was 36 in the 2nd fight, was his last chance to revive his carreer and secure a last good contract.

Hence he took a dive and threw a non-competitive fight after 86s?

Makes sense...

Last edited:
I am saying that it looked like Ken Shamrock and Kimo agreed to put on two fake fights, otherwise known as works.

They was real as it gets

Second fight was brutal ko first fight was 3 minutes long kimo fucked kens face up with a right hand as ken went for takedown

Soon as it hit ground it was kens world as expected . Prime ken

Commentators didn't know what move ken won by lol

Back