Ken shamrock worst declined fighter ever ?

Idonotbelieveit

winning
@Gold
Reaction score
in prime a beast and best and in prime would be top 3 today

His decline was sad

Anyone else maybe chuck ?

Only way to not decline is to walk away on top. The early guys didn't make enough money so they had to keep coming back as punching bags.

He was old and came off like 4 years wrestling when he started to decline so its no shock it happened when it did.

He was old and came off like 4 years wrestling when he started to decline so its no shock it happened when it did.
Not only that. He suffered a lot of injuries during his pro wrestling era.

His grappling was heavily dependent on his strength and athleticism, much more so than great technique. Old age and injuries hit those 2 things hard which caused a quick and dramatic drop off.

His grappling was heavily dependent on his strength and athleticism, much more so than great technique. Old age and injuries hit those 2 things hard which caused a quick and dramatic drop off.
He abandoned his grappling because his knees were shot

If he had good knees and went catch can on him he'd have beat Tito even past it

Watching ken box wasn't good apart from fujita fight

Honestly I think Ken just benefited from him era. I don't think he was anything special to be honest but in those times he surely was. Don't get me wrong he would do better in his prime than he does now or after those 4 years away from the sport but I just don't think he was ever great. Good but no one aspect of his game did I find amazing.

By the time he returned, he was physically fucked.

That said, Frank was the superior fighter anyway. Yes, Ken. I said it.

Idonotbelieveit is the last of a dieing breed and is my hero.

I dont think shamrock was the most declined fighter, but he had a lot of bad karma for the way he treated people. I honestly think most declined ufc champion of all time was really tim sylvia...but thats just my opinion.

Loads declined the same just they realised it and took a step away from the sport.

I dont think shamrock was the most declined fighter, but he had a lot of bad karma for the way he treated people. I honestly think most declined ufc champion of all time was really tim sylvia...but thats just my opinion.

But nobody really gave a dusty shit about Tim Sylvia, champion or no, to have a huge decline. He was flabby, had no areas he was real real good or unique in, did not really have an electric personality. He was a pretty good heavyweight for a few years, then fell off. To be fair, the UFC's HW division did not have much to offer at all, especially in comparison to Pride, where the talent pool was not only incredibly deep and talented, it boasted many of the GOAT contenders, HW or no, of all time. So Sylvia did not have too much to work with for a while, but after Pride got bought, his decline was in swing.

It's crazy because had Shamrock not have returned from his career in WWF, he may have been considered as one of the best ever.

It's just in his blood to fight, even at his age now he's unbelievably passionate about it and would probably take a fight against anybody.

Back