Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr Confirmed for May 27th

It's not just the victories...but it's the manner of these victories.. He is annihilating his opponents.
I mean, these guys don't even seem to belong in the ring with him.

SPence has it all...speed, power, the reflexes...

I see him in another dominant performance

I agree that he looks like a beast. I'm picking him to beat Brook too with superior power and Americanness. But destroying Algieri and Bundu is a big difference from Kell Brook, and that's just enough doubt to keep the bets from pouring in. I mean, imagine if Manny Pacquiao was Spence's size in the Algieri fight.

I agree that he looks like a beast. I'm picking him to beat Brook too with superior power and Americanness. But destroying Algieri and Bundu is a big difference from Kell Brook, and that's just enough doubt to keep the bets from pouring in. I mean, imagine if Manny Pacquiao was Spence's size in the Algieri fight.

-145...that's worth putting about $1500 on.

I'm pretty damn sure Spence runs kell Brook over.

The more I watch Spence the more I lean towards Kell. Spence has to land a whole heap of leather to put guys away and this being the first fight ANYONE expects him to lose. The litmus test awaits, being American is no guarantee of victory.

This is a good point. Granted, even though it took him awhile to actually get Algieri and Bundu out of there when it was clear it was going to happen, he was kicking their asses the whole time.

Brook though can take a beating and keep fighting, punch with his opponent. He's not going to just try to survive like Chris was in the late going.

I think what makes the difference here is a pre-existing eye injury, conditioning problems from getting back to 147, and Spences body work. Errol isn't going to blow him out (disclaimer: as the fight nears I'm going to say Spence is going to blow him out - disregard these drunken ramblings). But down the stretch I think Spence will get to him.

It's not just the victories...but it's the manner of these victories.. He is annihilating his opponents.
I mean, these guys don't even seem to belong in the ring with him.

SPence has it all...speed, power, the reflexes...

I see him in another dominant performance

Kell has speed, power and reflexes as well. And Kell has made short work of all his mid level to lower level competition as well. Kell is going to poise some SERIOUS threats to Spence because he is also a fantastic talent along side Spence. My major unknown with Spence is how he will respond to the combination of the magnitude of stage and the level of adversity that he will face as it will by far overshadow anything he has experienced thus far. He's looked the part so far, we'll find out if he is the part come May 27. After having watched both fighters fight I given a slight edge to Brook because he has experienced and fought through a higher level of adversity and a higher level of comp to date. Also, he's looks a bit sharper with his punches, has quicker feet, and his hands seem a bit quicker as well. I give Spence the advantage in Punch Diversity, inside game, pressure, distance management. Boxing Iq is a wash.

Kell has speed, power and reflexes as well. And Kell has made short work of all his mid level to lower level competition as well. Kell is going to poise some SERIOUS threats to Spence because he is also a fantastic talent along side Spence. My major unknown with Spence is how he will respond to the combination of the magnitude of stage and the level of adversity that he will face as it will by far overshadow anything he has experienced thus far. He's looked the part so far, we'll find out if he is the part come May 27. After having watched both fighters fight I given a slight edge to Brook because he has experienced and fought through a higher level of adversity and a higher level of comp to date. Also, he's looks a bit sharper with his punches, has quicker feet, and his hands seem a bit quicker as well. I give Spence the advantage in Punch Diversity, inside game, pressure, distance management. Boxing Iq is a wash.

Yea we'll see...

Brook looked fantastic against Porter...and for the first few rounds against GGG he looked great as well...

I think this will be Spence's coming out party.

Can't wait.

Yea we'll see...

Brook looked fantastic against Porter...and for the first few rounds against GGG he looked great as well...

I think this will be Spence's coming out party.

Can't wait.

Yea I agree.

Whatever the the outcome I have a feeling we are going to witness a special fight between these two.

I think Kell's cut might be a big factor in this fight. He spent a lot of the GGG build up talking about how much he struggled to get down to 147 and didn't know if he could/wanted to do it again.

I think the home advantage and crowd will play a big factor in this fight. I'm backing kell for that reason

I know people are like, "why do people give props for Brook in the GGG fight?". But here is one reason, and I may be wrong I guess.

But Algeri got beat all around the ring by Ruslan and Pac. As in he would be hit, and literally tumbled around the ring. Think if GGG hit him with a shot, he would be destroyed.

Algeri is tough and all, but I cannot imagine him lasting even 2 minutes with GGG, let alone have a couple periods of very good offense.

I pick Spence to win also, but a lot of people are really underestimating how good Brook is at 147. I said it in the past, but I feel he looked better vs Porter than Thurman did. I would pick both Brook and Spence to beat Thurman, Garcia, and Porter in fights currently.

I know people are like, "why do people give props for Brook in the GGG fight?". But here is one reason, and I may be wrong I guess.

But Algeri got beat all around the ring by Ruslan and Pac. As in he would be hit, and literally tumbled around the ring. Think if GGG hit him with a shot, he would be destroyed.

Algeri is tough and all, but I cannot imagine him lasting even 2 minutes with GGG, let alone have a couple periods of very good offense.

I pick Spence to win also, but a lot of people are really underestimating how good Brook is at 147. I said it in the past, but I feel he looked better vs Porter than Thurman did. I would pick both Brook and Spence to beat Thurman, Garcia, and Porter in fights currently.

I think giving Brook credit for the GGG fight is ridiculous. GGG hurt him Badly right away in the fight, Brook then had 2 good rounds, and within 5 rounds got his face broken and forced his corner to throw in the towel. I mean, at least Algeri went the full twelve with Pac while having moments of competitiveness in the fight. And people need to stop with this " If GGG couldn't knock Brook out how can Spence B.S.: because the ONLY thing that prevented GGG from KO'ing Brook or doing far worse damage was a thrown towel.

I slightly favor Brook in the fight but cringe when people bring up the GGG fight as evidence to support Brook.

I think giving Brook credit for the GGG fight is ridiculous. GGG hurt him Badly right away in the fight, Brook then had 2 good rounds, and within 5 rounds got his face broken and forced his corner to throw in the towel. I mean, at least Algeri went the full twelve with Pac while having moments of competitiveness in the fight. And people need to stop with this " If GGG couldn't knock Brook out how can Spence B.S.: because the ONLY thing that prevented GGG from KO'ing Brook or doing far worse damage was a thrown towel.

I slightly favor Brook in the fight but cringe when people bring up the GGG fight as evidence to support Brook.
He landed an uppercut against Golovkin though.

Spence has no chance.

errol spence beat the shit out of algieri and he has yet to fight again, chris a guy that fights two or three times a year.

errol is wide with his punches so kells jab and his footwork can create problems but many are forgetting the beating that golovkin put on him and his eye socket. i want to bet kell and then hedge later with spence as i think brook can win the frst part of the fight but the eye socket is a serious injury as was with margo and pacqioua

Last edited:
-145...that's worth putting about $1500 on.

I'm pretty damn sure Spence runs kell Brook over.

Wow man I already put $50, but your considering $1500.00.

Though I do feel that Spence takes this for sure too, I just can't see him losing to Brook, he is just much more fundamentally skilled.

Wow man I already put $50, but your considering $1500.00.

Though I do feel that Spence takes this for sure too, I just can't see him losing to Brook, he is just much more fundamentally skilled.

1500 to win 1025.

I've seen both fighters, and Spence has that "wow" factor...

Again, several here have made solid points...I'm gonna watch more fight tape before I pull the trigger on 1500.

errol spence beat the shit out of algieri and he has yet to fight again, chris a guy that fights two or three times a year.

errol is wide with his punches so kells jab and his footwork can create problems but many are forgetting the beating that golovkin put on him and his eye socket. i want to bet kell and then hedge later with spence as i think brook can win the frst part of the fight but the eye socket is a serious injury as was with margo and pacqioua
Spence fought last one month before Brook last fought. KO6 of Bundu.

Spence fought last one month before Brook last fought. KO6 of Bundu.

i dont get what you are saying

i am saying that there is risk betting on a guy coming off a broken eye socket and why i am not going to bet kell even though i think he could win the first part of the fight

spence throws very wide punches and brook is very straight with his jab and has very underated footwork

i dont get what you are saying

i am saying that there is risk betting on a guy coming off a broken eye socket and why i am not going to bet kell even though i think he could win the first part of the fight

spence throws very wide punches and brook is very straight with his jab and has very underated footwork
Just a minor correction on the las time Spence fought.

Spence has a pretty good jab himself, and his ability to create space on the inside without smothering his punches will make the difference, giving him the TKO10 win.

Spence is gonna shine, believe me.

Back