Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr Confirmed for May 27th

I'll pick Spence to beat Brook surprisingly easy. I think this fight will get people talking about Spence.

I'm not seeing much in Spence besides a huge size advantage over guys he's fought. Not great power. Not great handspeed. Not great defense.

He's finally going up against a guy as big as him. Hopefully Brook still has it though.

These fights are getting better and better.
Im actually shocked. Turning into a cool era.
We all cried for great fights. Now some of the fights are so good I hate that one of the guys has to loose.
Love both these guys.
Going with Brook just for the heck of it.

With Floyd gone and Manny not the attraction he once was, fighters are looking towards eachother.

I have a fundamental dislike for hypejobs and their preposterous fans so I'm pulling for the tried and tested Brook.

With Floyd gone and Manny not the attraction he once was, fighters are looking towards eachother.

I have a fundamental dislike for hypejobs and their preposterous fans so I'm pulling for the tried and tested Brook.
Me too. Im the same way.
But some hype trains are The Truth...pun intended. I think even if Spence loses hes still a super star. Just like Canelo losing to Floyd. Hes still my pick to take over the sport eventually.
Skill wise the guy is on par with anybody
Speed wise hes on par with the best
Power hes on par with the best
Chin even seems durable. Hes taken some good shots.
The one thing that separates him from the rest IMO is hes got that viscous mean streak in the ring. Hes a killer.

I'm not seeing much in Spence besides a huge size advantage over guys he's fought. Not great power. Not great handspeed. Not great defense.

He's finally going up against a guy as big as him. Hopefully Brook still has it though.
Is size advantage going to be the new PEDs here because Golovkin struggled?

Spence whoops his ass imo.

Brook is overblown for getting battered by GGG. Its really weird.

What could possibly make you say this?

Take the GGG fight out of the equation completely and Brook was already considered a hard fight for anyone in the division, let alone someone as unproven on the world stage as Spence.

I really don't know how anyone could look at both styles and think Spence will whoop Brook, i'd be interested to see a breakdown on that. I like the look of Spence, but he's best win so far is Algieri, who is a complete none puncher, there's many more question marks over him in this fight than there is for Brook.

Stylistically, I like the fight for Kell more, he's excellent against southpaws and carriers serious power for a WW. Great jab, great timing, and snappy speed for a welter. Spence gets hit a lot, I look forward to seeing how he deals with the power.

his fight will likely go to a close decision, or a Brook stoppage if it turns out Spence is chinny. I don't see Spence blowing Brook out of there, it will be a pure boxing fight for the most, and no one at welter is outclassing Brook in that kind of fight.

Is size advantage going to be the new PEDs here because Golovkin struggled?
Actually 2 excuses built in there. "If Brook still has it." Hes keeping the washed up Brook card as his trump card. The level that people go to around here to create their own narratives is brilliant.

Im on the Spence train too, a mean streak goes a long way. Brook is pretty damn tough too tho. Lets not forget his corner stopped the GGG fight, he was still there broken orbital and all, still throwing back.

What could possibly make you say this?

Take the GGG fight out of the equation completely and Brook was already considered a hard fight for anyone in the division, let alone someone as unproven on the world stage as Spence.

I really don't know how anyone could look at both styles and think Spence will whoop Brook, i'd be interested to see a breakdown on that. I like the look of Spence, but he's best win so far is Algieri, who is a complete none puncher, there's many more question marks over him in this fight than there is for Brook.

Stylistically, I like the fight for Kell more, he's excellent against southpaws and carriers serious power for a WW. Great jab, great timing, and snappy speed for a welter. Spence gets hit a lot, I look forward to seeing how he deals with the power.

his fight will likely go to a close decision, or a Brook stoppage if it turns out Spence is chinny. I don't see Spence blowing Brook out of there, it will be a pure boxing fight for the most, and no one at welter is outclassing Brook in that kind of fight.

Because I think Spence is better and Brook is overrated. Ive never seen anyone gain so much hype over getting destroyed before.

Spence is going to put on a clinic.

Vegas favors Spence too btw (though they have it pretty close).

I still think Spence has some question marks. He's not airtight defensively and he's yet to be in there with someone who can really punch. Brook isn't a massive puncher, but he has some power, hand speed, and decent boxing ability. I see it as a close fight. Spence will chew him up if he gets inside with any regularity, though.

Brook wins this and Spence gets exposed as a protected fighter.

This is Spence's real step up fight (granted, Algieri isn't terrible and Spence annihilated him) and we might find out he has some serious flaws, but he doesn't qualify as a protected fighter. His trajectory to the top of the sport has been normal and it's not like anyone at the top has been jumping over themselves to get in with him.

Ill take bets on Spence if folks are interested.

Because I think Spence is better and Brook is overrated. Ive never seen anyone gain so much hype over getting destroyed before.

Spence is going to put on a clinic.

Vegas favors Spence too btw (though they have it pretty close).

It's an odd combo. He gets credit for fighting GGG and for being avoided by other champs at his weight class.

The thing is neither of those two things make you a good fighter.

I think Brook is gonna win. Hes the better boxer with better fundamentals and better jab. Spence hasnt fought a single elite fighter yet and i think he will be overwhelmed by Brook. Brook is the first guy who will actually push him and hit him back. Brook is a very underrated 147 pounder.

I think Brook is gonna win. Hes the better boxer with better fundamentals and better jab. Spence hasnt fought a single elite fighter yet and i think he will be overwhelmed by Brook. Brook is the first guy who will actually push him and hit him back. Brook is a very underrated 147 pounder.
Yet he completely starched someone who the elite couldnt.

Brook's elite competition put the beating of a lifetime on him, so again I dont see the point in acting like Brook is some proven war survivor.

I mean would ANYONE say Spence doesnt maul Porter?

Once Spence stops respecting his opponent's power is usually when you see him start to be hittable, but it's usually because it's about to end. At least from what I've watched. I honestly have no idea who takes it, but I could see why most seem to be taking Truth in this one. I'd pick both over Thurman, and Spence more easily than Brook, but that's a styles thing.

Yet he completely starched someone who the elite couldnt.

Brook's elite competition put the beating of a lifetime on him, so again I dont see the point in acting like Brook is some proven war survivor.

I mean would ANYONE say Spence doesnt maul Porter?
You cant just assume he mauls porter. And triangle theories dont work in boxing. Manny destroyed cotto and floyd had a tough fight against him and got busted up a little yet floyd beat manny pretty easily. Doesnt mean anything. Styles make fights and brook can beat spence.

You cant just assume he mauls porter. And triangle theories dont work in boxing. Manny destroyed cotto and floyd had a tough fight against him and got busted up a little yet floyd beat manny pretty easily. Doesnt mean anything. Styles make fights and brook can beat spence.
So we can question Spence's opposition but not Brook's?

You question Spence based on his not having elite competition, I asked if anyone thought Spence wouldnt beat Brook's best win. Do you?

Or does Spence need to get his face broken against elite competition to somehow prove himself?

Back