Keeping Last Name Alive

My last name is Ramirez. There are millions of us. My last name will live forever.

You know Sean Connery in Highlander. His last name was Ramirez in the movie. We are all over and people like banging us. It's a curse.

I'm the only son so it's up to me to do it but I'm 43 and don't want an autistic kid with my old ass sperm so I probably wont have any kids. I don't know that carrying on my family name is really that important. I'd have a kid if I really wanted a kid.

How important is it to you or your family to keep you last name going. and has anyone here killed it.
Honestly, I do feel a little but of sadness about it. My family name probably dies with me and my brothers. We both had girls and my nephew had cancer all through his body when he was young and they say he may not be able to have kids when he gets older.

pretty hardcore about that tbh, mainly b/c my last name is not exactly common. Even including native Ireland and surrounding UK, there's maybe 100 people alive w/ my last name...

I also have a single letter for my middle name, same as my dad and grandfather ( like Harry S. Truman). I continued that w/ my son too

coupled w/ my (at the time) unique first name, and I'm the only person in the world w/ my full name and it's not close haha

It doesn't have any real value, once I'm dead nothing on earth matters anymore.

Plus, my family is predominately males, there hasn't been a female born in my immediate family in 30 years, there are plenty of males to pass my last name.

We did have a family business that my Grandad and Dad ran that went under with the recession after going strong for 30 years, if business had still been booming I probably would've joined.

My Dad's an only son so it's up to me and my bro to keep the name going plus one day I'll inherit my dad's personalised number plate with the family name on and then I can pass that on to my eventual son, it'd be better if it was a castle but it's something!

Literally don't care. I was adopted and I don't want kids of my own.

i dont care since i'm in the witness protection program

Unfortunately my last name my die with my daughter. I only have 1 daughter and the choice will be hers (and a future his) to make. Too bad though, My last name essentially is a different spelling of a French curse word that curses the Church.

My surname is that of my biological father who walked out on us when I was 6 months old so if anything I would actively try and take my future wife's surname.

I've considered changing it to my mothers maiden name a few times but it doesn't feel like it fits either tbh.
Take your mother's maiden name if you feel the need to change it but don't take your wife's name. That screams cuck so hard that your in-laws would hate you even more.

I wound up with two daughters, but my brother has sons so the name lives on.

Although I told my girls I would heap many rewards onto them should they give a son my last name.

Fuck their future baby daddy.

Take your mother's maiden name if you feel the need to change it but don't take your wife's name. That screams cuck so hard that your in-laws would hate you even more.
I dunno maybe I'll get it changed by deed poll to something cool like Powers or Thunder.

I hate my last name and my first name.

I have a french last name. People always pronounce my last name wrong.
Legally change your name to Vroomy Jeeps. That would rock harder than fat Axl Rose singing GNR songs from a throne.

hm, something I just realized last week.
you know when some random bb player is named "Nomar"?

it's "Ramon" spelled backwards. I know, right.
awesome.

now we can expect more Nauj's, Esoj's and Olbap's no doubt.

I actually had a hard time deciding what my kid's last name would be, since my baby daddy and I arent married. I went with his name after all, but he wasnt all concerned about keeping his family name alive. Depends on the name I guess, if it was a name that's unique it might have been more important. Idk.

I'm the last one with my fathers last name unless I have a sons

Back