Keeping Last Name Alive

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How important is it to you or your family to keep you last name going. and has anyone here killed it.

Django-Unchained-quotes-1.gif

How important is it to you or your family to keep you last name going. and has anyone here killed it.

Most of the posters here stand little chance of passing along their genes, let alone their names

who gives a fuck really, its pointless, what are you children gonna inherit your centuries old family castle? noo

I am the only child from my family that has had children and mine are girls. They have told me they won't change their names and will give their kids our name. I told them to not worry about it as our last name was given to us when my great-grandfather immigrated from Norway. The border peeps at Ellis Island could not understand him and changed his name when he immigrated. Our last name is Danish, not even Norwegian.

I hate my last name and my first name.

I have a french last name. People always pronounce my last name wrong.

As the only son of an only son, it's a small concern for me. Of course, I ended up with a daughter, so unless I've left a bastard child somewhere and he tracks me down, I will be the one to kill my bloodline. No big deal.

I dont really care honestly. I see kids as just a burden and heavy responsibility that I don't want now. Last name going on doesn't really matter imo.

Last edited:
My mothers Maiden name will end at my generation. (Unless I decide to have kids, which is unlikely.)

I'm not to bothered by it, I'll be dead.

My surname is that of my biological father who walked out on us when I was 6 months old so if anything I would actively try and take my future wife's surname.

I've considered changing it to my mothers maiden name a few times but it doesn't feel like it fits either tbh.

I don't really care about it. I'm not having kids. My sister has a kid, but she's married and has a different last name. I doubt my brother will have kids unless by accident. My half brother will probably keep it alive.

My mothers Maiden name will end at my generation. (Unless I decide to have kids, which is unlikely.)

I'm not to bothered by it, I'll be dead.

I've never understood this mentality. "It doesn't affect me, so I don't care". "I'll be dead, so whatever happens afterwards, I don't care".

Baby boomer generation recklessness? I'm not sure what to call it.

Personally, if I was dying, I'd like to die knowing that my family and loved ones would be safe and happy.

My last name is toast. I have two daughters and my brother has two daughters. So unless one of them goes the single mother solo route, our last name is headed for the dinosaurs.

Kind of bummed, but I love my girls so it's not so bad.

My surname is that of my biological father who walked out on us when I was 6 months old so if anything I would actively try and take my future wife's surname.

I've considered changing it to my mothers maiden name a few times but it doesn't feel like it fits either tbh.

Make the name your own.

I wouldn't take a wife's name.

I am the only child from my family that has had children and mine are girls. They have told me they won't change their names and will give their kids our name. I told them to not worry about it as our last name was given to us when my great-grandfather immigrated from Norway. The border peeps at Ellis Island could not understand him and changed his name when he immigrated. Our last name is Danish, not even Norwegian.
So they're all planning to be single mothers then?

I've never understood this mentality. "It doesn't affect me, so I don't care". "I'll be dead, so whatever happens afterwards, I don't care".

Baby boomer generation recklessness? I'm not sure what to call it.

Personally, if I was dying, I'd like to die knowing that my family and loved ones would be safe and happy.
Lol?

If I thought a name would affect my family in any tangible way, I might care a little more.

My father denounced me when I was but a small child so I denounced his name. It is more important for me not to carry on the family name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back