Kazushi Sakuraba tribute video - tell me what you think!

One of the forgotten GOATs.

Sakuraba innovated so many moves(including the spinning back kick!) and paved the way for so many fighters. He deserves more discussion.

Forgotten?

He's one of the greatest ever for his approach and charisma, but I don't think he ever had the same aura as Jones. Jones is unparalleled in his ability to shut down and defeat high level guys. Sak was more a guy who threw out loads of upsets and shocked people...and had a heart like a lion.

Jones is a whole different level, where the expectation is on him to win and to do some with style, where as Sak it was always let's hope he wins and grits it out

I disagree....all the UFC guys now including Jones only fight guys the same weight. Saku and and others at pride often fought much bigger guys...therefore I'm giving the warrior sprit and fearless aura to Saku over Bones. Also the rules permitted far more brutal techniques...knees to a downed fighter and soccer kicks

Forgotten?

There are a lot of newer fans who haven't even really watched his fights from over a decade ago when he was in his prime. I'd say that he doesn't get mentioned enough when people talk about the all time greats of MMA.

I disagree....all the UFC guys now including Jones only fight guys the same weight. Saku and and others at pride often fought much bigger guys...therefore I'm giving the warrior sprit and fearless aura to Saku over Bones. Also the rules permitted far more brutal techniques...knees to a downed fighter and soccer kicks

Which is 100% true, but that's not the context in which the point was made. the original point was Sak and Jones are a parrallel in the way people perceive them before or during a fight. There is a huge difference in the way in which people predict a Jones fight will go down, compared to a Sak fight. I remember watching Sak fights and praying he wouldn't get smashed, get through the storm and beat the guy with his technique and heart.

Jones on the other hand is the opposite, you want a guy to do anything against him so there's actually a decent fight.

I'm taking nothing away from Sak, he was brilliant, I just meant the comparison to Jones isn't really there.

Nice video, war Saku

Thankyou! and yeah War Sakuraba!

20110916100234_110916161507_JPG_large.jpg

good job eXtv, definitely highlighted some of saku's best moments. one of the greatest fighter of all time.

good job eXtv, definitely highlighted some of saku's best moments. one of the greatest fighter of all time.

thanks, and yes he is one of the greatest ever. no question about it.

20121217120358_top.JPG

There are a lot of newer fans who haven't even really watched his fights from over a decade ago when he was in his prime. I'd say that he doesn't get mentioned enough when people talk about the all time greats of MMA.

This. ^^

He also doesn't get the respect he deserves from the newer fans who actually watch his fights, those who look on his record don't see the significance of the fighters he beat either(and how he did it). They just don't get it.

its not bad how do i find the one made from 10 years ago with his actual entrance song

Back