Kazushi Sakuraba tribute video - tell me what you think!

True legend and true definition of bishudo ........last of a dying breed for sure

Yep. The old guard of guys like him are slowly slipping away.

Luckily we can still keep their legacies alive though, by making sure the newer fans are aware of their accomplishments and more importantly, respect them.

One of the most legendary feuds in MMA was Takada Dojo vs. The Gracies.

Sucks that Rickson wouldn't step in the ring Saku (although he did reportedly turn down $5m to fight him), I guess there'll always be that question mark there.

No "?" here. In MMA, Saku >>>>>>>> Rickson

No "?" here. In MMA, Saku >>>>>>>> Rickson

I think Sakuraba would've won the fight, but Rickson was always such an enigma that the only way to really find out would've been to have them fight.

Nice highlight man! Well done!

He

Fantastic highlight showcasing Saku's ability. I wish you would add his kneebar comeback in that Dream fight with Galesic. The very definition of heart. I teared up first time I saw that video with the Rocky theme music.

Fantastic highlight showcasing Saku's ability. I wish you would add his kneebar comeback in that Dream fight with Galesic. The very definition of heart. I teared up first time I saw that video with the Rocky theme music.

I was going to mention the same thing. Awesome H/L though OP, Sakuraba is the fighter that really got me into MMA. Prior to that it was just a spectable to me. :)

Video here:

Saku will always be one of my favourite fighters, and I wanted to do him justice with this. So please, if you guys have any constructive criticism on the video I would be most glad to hear it.

Thanks!

Very well done man !! I really liked it. I think it got better at 2:32 when you had the fight audio kick in, I would of almost liked it better with the whole thing as an instrumental with more commentator sound clips. Also you could maybe throw in some clips from interviews couple epic sentances etc. But very well done man props.

He certainly had that type of aura around him. The way he would dominate BJJ masters like the Gracies was just other-worldly.

When Sakuraba came to Brazil to train at ChuteBoxe with Wanderlei and team, they took a picture that is still there with all the guys in their GIs and belts, but Sakuraba didn't have a black belt in jiu-jitsu like the other guys, so they gave him one anyway for the picture.

"He has a black belt in MMA. That's all that matters."

There can only be one Saku HL.....back when Sherdog had their own HL's.

Great video and you also reminded me to download some Cranberries songs.

Good stuff.

When Sakuraba came to Brazil to train at ChuteBoxe with Wanderlei and team, they took a picture that is still there with all the guys in their GIs and belts, but Sakuraba didn't have a black belt in jiu-jitsu like the other guys, so they gave him one anyway for the picture.

"He has a black belt in MMA. That's all that matters."

Haha that's an awesome story. I remember Wand talking about training with Saku and talking bout how tricky Sakuraba was when it came to grappling.

http://instagram.com/p/Uvk705kq-y/

62bc3f68cf4edb3696b91cf2d53b9405.png

Both of their faces are so misshaped now. The difference being Sakuraba didnt need a surgery for that, just a couple of Smirnovas and Aronas.

Also, does anyone else think the Zombie guitar strum intro sounds like shit? I know its famous but never realized how amateurish it sounds.

There can only be one Saku HL.....back when Sherdog had their own HL's.

that's a classic video right there. I can't ever listen to Beautiful Day without thinking of that highlight.

One of the forgotten GOATs.

Sakuraba innovated so many moves(including the spinning back kick!) and paved the way for so many fighters. He deserves more discussion.

Back