Kamaru Usman on issues with the WW divison...

This. These match-ups in the WW division make sense. While that hasn’t been the case with other divisions, there’s really nothing to complain about, except that there’s no need for an interim title to be attached to the RDA/Colby fight. WME wants title fights included in PPVs so it really a marketing thing more than anything else, but outside of that there’s not much to argue with here. I’m hoping this is one of those Keith Jardine vs. Houston Alexander moments where Usman complains about being matched up with Ponzy and he ends up getting KO’d.
Actually I'm pretty sure that they did need the interm title RDA/robbie was billed as a number one contender fight, and post fight everyone said RDA would fight for the title, I'd bet it was in the fight contract and since woodley wants no part of RDA, the only way to make RDA Colby is for an interm title.

since woodley wants no part of RDA

What are you talking about?

Woodley already said he wants to fight RDA and Colby does not deserve an interim-shot.
Woodley is back and ready to fight in July.
The interim-title makes no sense.

What are you talking about?

Woodley already said he wants to fight RDA and Colby does not deserve an interim-shot.
Woodley is back and ready to fight in July.
The interim-title makes no sense.
Got a link of him calling out RDA? All I've seen is "90% sure I'll fight diaz" "RDA win over robbie doesn't deserve a title shot"

Got a link of him calling out RDA? All I've seen is "90% sure I'll fight diaz" "RDA win over robbie doesn't deserve a title shot"

He didn't call out RDA; he just called the interim-fight stupid and said Colby doesn't deserve it.
He also said he's ready to defend his title in July (The Diaz fight is old news, long gone) which would presumably be against RDA if he doesn't want Colby to get the interim-shot.

Woodley is ducking no one, I don't know where this narrative suddenly came from. Just because he called out Diaz?
He's one of the most active champs we have. He only fought #1 Contenders since becoming champ.

No links, sorry. I gotta go catch some sleep. Just read some recent Woodley interviews. But the Diaz fight is off, for sure.

@ryanrandy
Gotta catch some sleep now, no hard feelings m8. I know what you're trying to say, I just had to voice my displeasure with the current state of the UFC and that trash-talk gets you a bump in the rankings, lets you jump and duck contenders and gets you weird interim-title-shots.

I had a rough day and that somehow has an influence on my style of discussion. Don't take it personal, it's only MMA-discussion afterall.
It's all good. Sometimes on message boards it's hard to make point, counter point ect. If it was in person we surely would have worked it out in just a few sentences. I also understand your points and really I don't disagree with most of what your saying. I don't like the current state of things either honestly, I just accept them I guess.

He didn't call out RDA; he just called the interim-fight stupid and said Colby doesn't deserve it.
He also said he's ready to defend his title in July (The Diaz fight is old news, long gone) which would presumably be against RDA if he doesn't want Colby to get the interim-shot.

Woodley is ducking no one, I don't know where this narrative suddenly came from. Just because he called out Diaz?
He's one of the most active champs we have. He only fought #1 Contenders since becoming champ.

No links, sorry. I gotta go catch some sleep. Just read some recent Woodley interviews. But the Diaz fight is off, for sure.
I never called him for ducking, but as you agreed he's never said I WANT RDA either like you pretended. There's tons of fights he could be angling for AND his frustration is likely because an interm title is the ufc forcing an oponent on him.

So right.

The UFC became just an entertaining promotion and the roster just wants the best matchups that benefits their style.

Back