Kamaru Usman on issues with the WW divison...

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

latest

He won't have an issue if he fights at 100% all of the time...

Embarrassing he mentions Colby and RDA while both are fighting for an interim title fight.

Can't blame guys on the cusp of a title fight for not taking fights against relatively unknown fringe top 10 fighters.

It's obvious that the guys hanging around the lower top 10 always want to fight the guys ranked within the top 10.

Usman is right but the reason fighters are being so careful is bc they are not being paid enough

If their pay was not so radically dictated by their position, I think you would see that reluctance dissipate and the necessary professionalism emerge.

Dana etc likes to bash fighters for lacking the "fighting spirit" "fighting anyone at any time"

Motherfucker you got to pay people for that

This isnt Disney

I love how this guy pretends he isn't the most boring fighter in and out of the ring. Absolutely nobody wants to see this guy hump a leg for 15 or god forbid 25 minutes. Do something to deserve a top contender and he will probably get one, until then shut up.

I feel bad for Usman cause he needs to support his family and mma pay sucks but he should just keep whooping cans until its obvious that theyre just blatantly ducking. Khabib did the same except he was only able to fight once a year and the hype came quick.

RDA vs Colby
Til vs Thomson
Usman vs Ponzy

That looks like a healthy sport to me. There's nothing circus about those fights.

I love how this guy pretends he isn't the most boring fighter in and out of the ring. Absolutely nobody wants to see this guy hump a leg for 15 or god forbid 25 minutes. Do something to deserve a top contender and he will probably get one, until then shut up.
I'm sure cage fighters eagerly listen to random online scrubs telling them when to be quiet.

This is the delusion that the Internet brings. It makes absolutely losers think they have a say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ha didn't Colby got booed out the stadium once for just layin and prayin but now he's fighting for a interim title.

I'm sure cage fighters eagerly listen to random online scrubs telling them when to be quiet. This is the delusion that the Internet brings. It makes absolutely losers think they have a say.
I'm aware that Usman isn't going to see my post.

Kamaru talks too much for a guy whose best win is a UD over Leon Edwards.

It’s mostly just the circumstances. Usually, after a loss, a higher ranked guy will fight a lower ranked guy to try to get back on track. Lawler would’ve been a good matchup for him, but he’s hurt. Who else? Why fight a guy lower than you, when you’re close to a title shot?

RDA vs Colby
Til vs Thomson
Usman vs Ponzy

That looks like a healthy sport to me. There's nothing circus about those fights.

This. These match-ups in the WW division make sense. While that hasn’t been the case with other divisions, there’s really nothing to complain about, except that there’s no need for an interim title to be attached to the RDA/Colby fight. WME wants title fights included in PPVs so it really a marketing thing more than anything else, but outside of that there’s not much to argue with here. I’m hoping this is one of those Keith Jardine vs. Houston Alexander moments where Usman complains about being matched up with Ponzy and he ends up getting KO’d.

If Usman’s that good he should make money the cerrone way. Beat all these “cans” that aren’t on his level and get multiple paydays a year. It’s not like he’s on ppv points. He gets payed the same whether he fights number 10 or number 110.

Usman is right but the reason fighters are being so careful is bc they are not being paid enough

If their pay was not so radically dictated by their position, I think you would see that reluctance dissipate and the necessary professionalism emerge.

Dana etc likes to bash fighters for lacking the "fighting spirit" "fighting anyone at any time"

Motherfucker you got to pay people for that

This isnt Disney

100% agreed.
This is the very root of the problem. Plus the bullshit UFC rankings that make no sense, obviously.

Colby got a top 3 dude after dry humping the Dong.

Hell, Usman KO'd Moraes and all he got was a fight against Meek, and that was on the heels of a 5-fight win streak.

Isn’t that precisely how Colby got himself to a (interim) title fight?

Back