Justin Trudeau Opens Canada's Borders: Country Is Getting Overrun

214453.jpg

<Ellaria01><Ellaria01>

so can anyone migrate to Canada? sounds like they are giving shit away for free so I might head up there for a bit. do they take white people?
Europeans need not apply. I personally know dozens of Euro tradesmen who have come and gone because they didn't meet our immigration requirements. Meanwhile, last year, Trudeau decided to welcome 25000 refugees in lieu of the same number of folks wanting to come here and contribute. Well, because, fuck the taxpayers and money grows on trees. Now federal funding has run out, and the newcomers are a net negative with no skills to offer, or a bright future of any kind.

I will say one thing though - last year during the Fort Mac fires (88000 + folks displaced) the newly arrived Syrian community were one of the first ones to step up and start a fundraiser/ donation drive.

Currently they will be receiving their hearings in about 4 years, but with previously current numbers it was expected to take a decade for those arriving at the end of the year to get through the process. That was before the month-by-month numbers quadrupled, so our system is praying that is an outlier jump.

The government realizes the issue, which is why they are trying to talk to embassies in the US about it, but that is unlikely to make any difference. The only thing that would work is changing the agreement with the US to treat illegal border crossings the same as legal ones when making refugee claims, but there's currently no political will to do so on either side.
Whether a person enters a country legally or illegally, once they apply for refugee status the procedure must be followed through and they can not be deported until the process is completed. The process can take years and the applicants can't be detained, so many just vanish. We see this all over Europe with people of unknown backgrounds applying for assylum. Not quite the same situation, but there are many craptastic parallels.

Just thought I'd "2nd" your post, and add craptastic for flavor.

So a problem that was entirely yours to deal with is now ours and you find that satisfying? Isn't this the type of stuff you guys constantly complain about, ie it's not your problem that Mexico sucks and they want to get to the States? But as soon as positions are switched, you applaud it...
No one is applauding it. Frankly, we'd applaud if you sent them all home.

But everyone enjoys seeing arrogance get its comeuppance, and a fair few Canadians have been morally arrogant in their criticism of America's struggles with immigration. Low ball estimates of our illegal immigrant population are like a third of your entire population. And you can't handle a few thousand border jumpers? Well, maybe it isn't as easy as you'd thought. Have you considered building a wall yet?

This is like one of those Trump white lies. Why would you lie about it? $127K is just as crazy as $215K really.

I have read in different comment sections about people asking why a PM is allowed to take such a luxurious vacation on the tax-payer dime in the first place. The vacation is still under investigation by the ethics commission. I don't think the ethics commission has any intention of finding Trudeau guilty of anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
These illegals often stay here for years, and years. They can apply for welfare which they do, get free housing and first dibs over actual Canadians and they also take real Canadians jobs. This is fucking pathetic

Do they take "real" jobs or do they take on welfare ?
Make up your mind, idiot.

And no, they don't get "dibs" over citizens. It's completely separate.
And countries don't expect 100% of refugees to start minting money for the State the moment they land.
Countries policies generally think long term. These refugees have kids and further on those kids have kids.
Within about 2-3 generations, the refugees roughly adopt the same economic demographics as the general population.

These refugees have kids and further on those kids have kids.
holy shit how many years we talking about sorting out their refugee claim?

Must be the Merkel standard of "legit asylum fleeing legit wars".

Europeans need not apply. I personally know dozens of Euro tradesmen who have come and gone because they didn't meet our immigration requirements. Meanwhile, last year, Trudeau decided to welcome 25000 refugees in lieu of the same number of folks wanting to come here and contribute. Well, because, fuck the taxpayers and money grows on trees. Now federal funding has run out, and the newcomers are a net negative with no skills to offer, or a bright future of any kind.

I will say one thing though - last year during the Fort Mac fires (88000 + folks displaced) the newly arrived Syrian community were one of the first ones to step up and start a fundraiser/ donation drive.

But every time I read a CBC article about the economy I hear that it is booming and the comments section is full of gloating Liberal voters... Are you sure Trudeau didn't plant a money tree somewhere in the wasteland between your cities?

Canada has an overall declining population. Immigrants are needed just for population stability.

So what if the population declines?

This line of reasoning has never worked on me. We don't need more immigrants to handle jobs when we have an unemployment rate above the natural rate. We don't need more people while there are homeless on the street. We don't need more people when we are improving technology to reduce the workforce.

We don't even need more people on the planet. Wish every country had a declining population.

We don't need more immigrants to handle jobs when we have an unemployment rate above the natural rate.
Notice how they stopped saying they'll be good for the economy and just population replacement. The population replacement argument was built on the economy angle not on only just having more people who are a net drain handout thieves.

German migrants Welfare sponges:

Germany 'spent more than €20bn on refugees in 2016' as crisis outstrips state budgets
"Billions would be needed for jobless payments, rent subsidies and other benefits for recognized asylum applicants by the end of 2020."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...udgets-middle-east-north-africa-a7623466.html

99% unemployable:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ts-Germany-unemployed-Merkel-open-door-policy

Up to three-quarters of refugees in Germany will still be unemployed in five years time, according to the country’s commissioner.
https://www.rt.com/business/393398-refugees-stay-jobless-germany/

If it's open borders how come they're being arrested?

But every time I read a CBC article about the economy I hear that it is booming and the comments section is full of gloating Liberal voters... Are you sure Trudeau didn't plant a money tree somewhere in the wasteland between your cities?
Booming my ass. (not going to touch that fart joke :D). We're in the same city, and while there are opportunities, a ~9% unemployment rate is nothing to gloat about.

I was making considerably more 10 years ago than I was at the beginning of this year when I decided to go out on my own. Same story with my close friends. We're all highly skilled and ticketed trades people.

While I've only read the stats for the first quarter of 2017 the breakdown was like this.
- some new jobs. Yes, but overwhelmingly part time, and self employed, an effort to counter a lukewarm (at best) economy
- wages comparable to a decade ago
- over 90% of new jobs in the private sector.

Doesn't sound like a resounding success by our fearless leader, but an attempt by the private sector to stay afloat.

So what if the population declines?

This line of reasoning has never worked on me. We don't need more immigrants to handle jobs when we have an unemployment rate above the natural rate. We don't need more people while there are homeless on the street. We don't need more people when we are improving technology to reduce the workforce.

We don't even need more people on the planet. Wish every country had a declining population.

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you? No clue how an economy functions or grows.

Just google. Google around and find out.

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you? No clue how an economy functions or grows.

Just google. Google around and find out.

Just Google it guys. That's how we can fix everything.

I think I will stick to what was taught to me when I did my double and MBA than Google. Thanks.

Time to move out of Canada, this will end like a 3rd world le Germany and Sweden, filled with Muslims and Africans.

Good job Trudeau for selling your country.

Lol

But canada could support over a billion people. It big.enough. at least few hundred million.

Back