Justin Trudeau Opens Canada's Borders: Country Is Getting Overrun | Page 4

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by TheStruggle, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Devout Pessimist
    It is going to take awhile before they are sent back:

splendica and Ayin like this.
  2. 2DUM2TAP Red Belt

2DUM2TAP
    On top of a Mountain punch dancing my rage away
    Wait until winter and see how many still wanna stay....

3. Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Devout Pessimist
    splendica and Whippy McGee like this.
  4. Gunny Silver Belt

Gunny
    Delightful isn't the word. Satisfying is. For decades illegal immigration enforcement in the US has been lax and the govt has sent mixed signals about whether illegals will be held accountable. Trump changes that and Canada immediately starts self-righteously grandstanding about how much better they are, even though they've never had to deal with the problem on the same scale as we have. Result? Illegals start flocking to Canada. Very satisfying, I'd say!

5. Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Devout Pessimist
    Globe and Mail:

Time to fix our uniquely Canadian border mess

..the spike in illegal arrivals is revealing, once again, the multiple, long-standing dysfunctions of this country’s refugee-determination system. It is also laying bare the incoherence of the Liberal government’s response.

The government could be handling all of this in a manner that is lawful, orderly, transparent, compassionate, and honest with both Canadians and asylum-seekers. Instead, what we are witnessing is papered-over chaos. The Justin Trudeau government would of course be happy if the flow of people stopped of its own accord, but it has until now been extremely reluctant to be seen to be attempting to stem the tide, lest it be accused of acting Harper-like. And lest it give a lie to one of the Prime Minister’s most famous tweets.

The challenge is not that the people arriving at Roxham Road don’t understand the Canadian refuge system. It is rather that they may understand it better than the elected officials in charge of it.

Go to a legal border post and you’ll be returned to the U.S.; cross illegally, and your claim will be heard. Once you’re in Canada, you can remain until your case is decided. And that may not happen for a long while. A lot can happen with the passage of time.

uppercutbus, thefirstemporer and Ayin like this.
  6. Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Devout Pessimist
    The reason Canadians are so naively optimistic and ideal is because there has never been a major issue to deal with beyond cold winters. Canada has had the luxury of being difficult for third world trash to travel to and has benefited from the military protection of the USA. Being coddled and isolated has given Canadians the luxury to condemn other countries for going to war and complaining about illegal immigration while not having to deal with those issues themselves. Canadians brag about not being war-mongers and embracing diversity because they have never had to face the realities many other countries have to face. Canadians are like the spoiled rich kid who lives in a gated community and mocks the working class guy who is angry that his neighborhood has been taken over by illegals.

It looks like the naive optimism will be changing soon.

7. Aegon Spengler Silver Belt

Aegon Spengler
    That is exactly what Canada does.

Ayin likes this.
  8. Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

Amerikuracana
    Haitians in numbers make Haiti. Is it nice there?

9. Grenz Green Belt

Grenz
    So a problem that was entirely yours to deal with is now ours and you find that satisfying? Isn't this the type of stuff you guys constantly complain about, ie it's not your problem that Mexico sucks and they want to get to the States? But as soon as positions are switched, you applaud it...

You keep referring to Canadians as if a majority of Canadians voted for 'diversity is our strength' Trudeau. They didn't and the article I linked shows that at least half of Quebecers have some serious reservations with what's happening.

I love how you guys seem to pretend like Canada hany been pulling it's weight....like this place isnt packed with immigrants already. And you're happy that your problem is now someone's else's, when that's the exact same thing you always complain about.

10. Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Devout Pessimist
    I am an Albertan. There are a lot of coddled bleeding heart lefties ruining this country. It also sucks that Quebec and Ontario decide every election.

[​IMG]

11. Gunny Silver Belt

Gunny

It's satisfying because your government and so many of your people have spent years shit talking about problems you haven't had to confront the way we have. You know what will be even more satisfying? When you guys grow up and toss out the Trudeau types and elect people who will deal with your new found problems.

Devout Pessimist likes this.
  12. Grenz Green Belt

Grenz
    Agreed

We just had a conservative government for 10 years....I don't think growing up is he right term. Also, I don't think Canadians shit talk you guys nearly as much as you seem to think.

Ayin likes this.
  13. Gunny Silver Belt

Gunny
    I have a pretty good sampling as my wife's entire extended family is Canadian and I have about 50 Canadian retailers for my product line and travel there frequently to train their sales associates. I think the % of interactions that involve some sort of weird hostile remark(s) would surprise you. And these people seem really awkward too because what kind of a person gets into a conversation and just starts casually shitting on the other person's country/nationality as if there's no social norm being violated?

Probably can't avoid what I'm about to say sounding condescending but I don't mean it to be: the funny thing about that hostility is, I really don't have any compulsion to return fire - which is entirely counter to my personality. Those comments really do come across similar to a child who screams - I hate you mom and dad. If you're the parent, it may sting a bit but you know these people are your own and you have no desire to hurt them back.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Al Gorithm likes this.
  14. The Diplomat Silver Belt

The Diplomat
    Well, Canada does have a low population compared to it's size. Just send all the migrants and refugees to the snowy tundras. They can become eskimos.

TheTimeIsNotNow likes this.
  15. Snackbar Green Belt

Snackbar
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/asylum-seekers-support-housing-1.4252114

3 day wait to be processed and moved to temporary housing.

Immediate access to social assistance with the first cheque arriving within 40 days. Paid until deported or until the refugee finds a job.

Immigration Canada reviews their refugee claim which takes 3 months.
    Then they have to apply for a federal work permit which takes another 4 months.

If any step of this process is denied they can appeal, dragging it out even further, all the while having access to health care and prescription drugs from the moment they cross the border.

uppercutbus likes this.
  16. RIPWarrior Black Belt

RIPWarrior
    That's a lie.

17. tramendous Black Belt

tramendous
    3000 people is not even a drop in the bucket to 30 million.

18. Whippy McGee Brown Belt

Whippy McGee
    Canadians are really nice people. They look out for each other. Muslims likely won't mix well.

greedopl likes this.
  19. Al Gorithm Black Belt

Al Gorithm

You sound poor , and like you have a Mike Tyson'esq concept of numbers.

Unless you're joking of course

20. splendica Purple Belt

splendica
    Further to this, Canada just revealed how porous and unguarded the border is with the US. The most accessible entry points are known to all as well.

Dumbest move ever by a Prime Minister. As if a country of 36 million can handle the US' illegals. Total egotisticsl, juvenile, imbecile.

pcptornado, Gunny and Bald1 like this.