Just witnessed the dumbest service industry worker ever

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So my friend and I just went to grab a slice and beer each.

He goes to pay first. Total is 8 something,.

He pays with a 20.

Dude working gives him his 20 back, we each give each other that wtf look. He's suggesting with his eyes to return the 20. I'm like fuck that dude put it in your pocket. He pockets the 20 and the guy gives him his 12 bucks in change back too. Basically getting paid to eat pizza and have a beer.

Next up is my turn. I order the exact same thing. He does the same fucking shit for me. Gives me my 20 back and my change. I couldn't believe it.

Lol! What a retard.

They're going to be scratching their heads when their drawer is $60 short later. We bought 16 dollars of food. I wanted to say something, but lol. It's their fault

he's expecting a handy in the back room after you've eaten.

So my friend and I just went to grab a slice and beer each.

He goes to pay first. Total is 8 something,.

He pays with a 20.

Dude working gives him his 20 back, we each give each other that wtf look. He's suggesting with his eyes to return the 20. I'm like fuck that dude put it in your pocket. He pockets the 20 and the guy gives him his 12 bucks in change back too. Basically getting paid to eat pizza and have a beer.

Next up is my turn. I order the exact same thing. He does the same fucking shit for me. Gives me my 20 back and my change. I couldn't believe it.

Lol! What a retard.

They're going to be scratching their heads when their drawer is $60 short later. We bought 16 dollars of food
Ever seen that Steve Martin sketch, "The forgetful waiter"?
LOL

I went to the liquor store the other day and bought some alcohol and a red bull. They forgot to ring up the red bull. I let them know and paid for it. I'm not a douche bag.

Maybe the dude was having a long day and was spacing or had something else on his mind. I mean twice is pretty bad but id LIKE to give him the benefit of the doubt. I probably wouldnt have given the money back either depending on the situation. Small mom and pop=give money back, some corporation= f*ck 'em.

Guy probably just lost his job or at least 56 bucks.

I went to the liquor store the other day and bought some alcohol and a red bull. They forgot to ring up the red bull. I let them know and paid for it. I'm not a douche bag.
Not ringing up a red bull and this guy is a whole different level. He paid us 20 bucks to eat.

Maybe the dude was having a long day and was spacing or had something else on his mind. I mean twice is pretty bad but id LIKE to give him the benefit of the doubt. I probably wouldnt have given the money back either depending on the situation. Small mom and pop=give money back, some corporation= f*ck 'em.

So it's not a small mom and pop shop, it's a local chain with multiple locations.

This actually happened to me at a pizza place a few months ago. I grabbed one slice, paid with a $10; the register guy hands me back something like $17. Unlike TS, I'm not a broke degenerate, so I told him I was fairly positive I'd just given him a $10 and that he'd over-changed me. He scratched his head for a minute and then stood up and went to the back. I presumed he was checking the camera footage, and proceeded to eat my slice. Ten minutes later, he'd never returned, so I left.

Last edited:

This. It's easy to say "lol it's their fault," but the dude is very possibly unemployed now since TS couldn't just be nice and honest about it.

Not ringing up a red bull and this guy is a whole different level. He paid us 20 bucks to eat.

Me stealing the red bull would've been less of an asshole move because it only cost 3 bucks. This guy who paid you to eat is an idiot but you should've tried to explain to him what he did wrong and paid your bill. He's prob going to get fired this week.

You did nothing wrong TS. It's not your fault.

Yeah, yeah morals and everything.

Doesn't matter, you ate for free and got some extra cabbage.

Cool thing about it, you didn't have to tip. Because tipping is bs anyway

Me stealing the red bull would've been less of an asshole move because it only cost 3 bucks. This guy who paid you to eat is an idiot but you should've tried to explain to him what he did wrong and paid your bill. He's prob going to get fired this week.
He deserves to be fired

giphy.gif

Edit: I just realized, Cube is staring at dat ass...

Last edited:
Back