Just rewatched Machida vs Mousasi

First you show pictures of him flexing and moving around during a fight. Then you show one's of him just standing there relaxed. Also those photos of him vs. Rockhold are either photoshopped or taken at the perfect angle and at the perfect time. He was still pretty shredded in that fight he just put on some weight because he felt weak against Weidman.
LOL your hero was on the juice against Moose. No more steroid cycles for him. Everyone at Black House gym got caught with roids.

I disagree, He fought stupid and abandoned his karate roots/started lifting. If you are going to use a faux muay thai stance you should leg kick.
Mousasi is one of the more favorable matchups for Machida at MW I agree, I'm not sure Rockhold is such a stylistic nightmare so much as he "caught" him (since his offensive wrestling isn't that overwhelming) though but Romeo oh Romeo definitely is.

I think Rockhold was too much for Machida. Rockhold is longer, patient, has good striking plus TDD and a submission game. Rockhold stalked Machida the entire fight and didn't let space get in between him because we all know that's when Machida gets creative.

Too much of this

Moises Alou used to pee pee on his hands. He felt it improved his grip.

I've never done either, but whenever I've peed in a toilet or on a tree, per se, I felt it helped relieve my need to pee.

Everyone?
Anderson, Feijao, Casey, Ortega, Machida. All got caught using banned substances.
You're a fool if you think that Lyoto was clean against Moose.
B9FcWsECUAA502T.jpg

PEDs happened. And that was Mousasi's first fight @ 185 after torn ACL and 1 year layoff.
Against Mousasi (in Brazil) pre USADA
mmv6o5.jpg

Against Rockhold (in USA) post USADA.
mhg1i0.jpg

cleanmach.png

Flexing and action pics vs blurry shots of him relaxing. Good job Mr journalism.

Anderson, Feijao, Casey, Ortega, Machida. All got caught using banned substances.
You're a fool if you think that Lyoto was clean against Moose.
B9FcWsECUAA502T.jpg
That's not everyone. Machida was popped after the Mousasi fight IIRC. You can't go off on appearance. Until someone has failed a drug test, then you can say it. Just because he gets popped now doesn't mean he used his entire career. You have the reasoning of a 6 year old.

That's not everyone. Machida was popped after the Mousasi fight IIRC. You can't go off on appearance. Until someone has failed a drug test, then you can say it. Just because he gets popped now doesn't mean he used his entire career. You have the reasoning of a 6 year old.
LOL, nobody juices for only one fight.......When you see the difference, there is no coming back.

This fight was so awesome. One of my favs. Still clearly remember watching it live. It was so tactical yet not boring at all.

To be fair Lyoto lost to 3 dudes clearly better than Mousasi after

That fight was certainly Machidas best ever performance in UFC at MW.

Came here to say this.

I'm a fan of the Dragon but he had an undeniable physical transformation after USADA rolled out. It is completely possible its coincidence, eg, change in diet, training regiment, injury. Hard not to wonder though.

PEDs happened. And that was Mousasi's first fight @ 185 after torn ACL and 1 year layoff.
mmv6o5.jpg

mhg1i0.jpg

cleanmach.png

mmv6o5.jpg

mhg1i0.jpg

cleanmach.png
That is some damning evidence. I think age is far less of a factor than believed.

Everyone knows the Rockhold fight was before USADA, right? USADA testing didn't start until July 1, 2015 and wasn't in wide effect until the the end of 2015 into early 2016, when Romero popped. All you guys aren't just making baseless accusations with incorrect evidence and some meaningless comparison pics to support them, are you now?
troll.png

I disagree, He fought stupid and abandoned his karate roots/started lifting. If you are going to use a faux muay thai stance you should leg kick.

Abandoned? It's a young man's style. Machida must have figured that he can't rely on speed and explosive movement anymore and tried to adapt.

I think Rockhold was too much for Machida. Rockhold is longer, patient, has good striking plus TDD and a submission game. Rockhold stalked Machida the entire fight and didn't let space get in between him because we all know that's when Machida gets creative.
Machida also slipped. It's worth mentioning.

Back