Just rewatched Machida vs Mousasi

Machida showed in that fight that hes not only capable of knocking out wrestlers but can outstrike a legit world class striker

No difference at all
20150417020343_5D3_9268.JPG

vs
lyoto-machida-ufc-fight-night-36.jpg
Yummy

That's not everyone. Machida was popped after the Mousasi fight IIRC. You can't go off on appearance. Until someone has failed a drug test, then you can say it. Just because he gets popped now doesn't mean he used his entire career. You have the reasoning of a 6 year old.
he has the reasoning of anderoid himself

People reference that fight like some huge machida conquer ....It was fight of the night, mousasi outstruck machida 66-37 while fighting a bit timid.I had Lyoto up 3-2 because of significant strikes.Gegard was also coming off back to back mcl tears and his 1st fight back at 185 in quite sometime.We also know now that we don't know what Lyoto was using and if he was greased up between rounds.

That fight happens now, outcome would be similar to Rockhold and Romero.

I disagree, He fought stupid and abandoned his karate roots/started lifting. If you are going to use a faux muay thai stance you should leg kick.
I think Lyoto's downfall was trying to be entertaining.

He went 13-0 without getting hit, most of the wins being "boring" but very one-sided decisions. He had to "entertain" to get a title shot so he was more aggressive vs Thiago Silva. Then after Shadface he felt overconfident and that killed him vs Shogun 2.

Of course if he kept winning "boring" UDs he might have gone 20-0 with no title shot but maybe I'd even prefer it that way than seeing such an elusive Karateka getting knocked out while chasing after "entertainment value".

Yall really in here trying to shit on Machida. In the mouse fight he dieted to 185 while against rockhold he put on weight and cut down. Obviously he wouldn't have been as shredded.

This is what happens when people strike with machida, they get there ass beat. Everybody who beats machida takes him to the ground and beats him up there with size advantage.

Crazy (but true) that a former LHW champ has a size disadvantage at MW vs most of the top 10.

I think he finally got matched up against a legit striker. Mousasi champ 2018!!!

That is some damning evidence. I think age is far less of a factor than believed.
Eh. Remember how cut rashad just looked with his recent cut down to middleweight? It could be a case of that.

People reference that fight like some huge machida conquer ....It was fight of the night, mousasi outstruck machida 66-37 while fighting a bit timid.I had Lyoto up 3-2 because of significant strikes.Gegard was also coming off back to back mcl tears and his 1st fight back at 185 in quite sometime.We also know now that we don't know what Lyoto was using and if he was greased up between rounds.

That fight happens now, outcome would be similar to Rockhold and Romero.
He was fucking bewildered on the feet lol. Stats don't tell the story of that fight. He was outclassed in the stand up. Regardless of surgeries I don't see it being any different.

PEDs happened. And that was Mousasi's first fight @ 185 after torn ACL and 1 year layoff.
Against Mousasi (in Brazil) pre USADA
mmv6o5.jpg

Against Rockhold (in USA) post USADA.
mhg1i0.jpg

cleanmach.png
No difference according to sherdog haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back