Just rewatched Machida vs Mousasi

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And WTF happened to Machida? He used to be awesome. Sad.

dieted down to 185 instead of actually cutting weight (or so I heard)
possibly USADA

He was pretty ripped and muscular, and his skin was pretty shiny when he fought in brazil, huh?

That fight had me excited for Lyoto's future at 185. He put on a striking clinic against Moose.

According to Mousasi, what happened is that Machida was "fucking greased up".

And not a single fuck was given that day.

MachiDHEA used to be awesome, agreed.

dieted down to 185 instead of actually cutting weight (or so I heard)
possibly USADA
wasnt he dieting down when he was doing well. it seems liek when he started cutting and lifting he started to lose.

Age, it catches up to everyone. And styles make fights. Rockhold is bigger than Mousasi and a stylistic nightmare for Machida (IMHO).

The best thing for Machida would've been to leave the sport "for other reasons" when USADA got started.

MaCHEATa is trying not to cheat anymore, and is hurting because of it

Age, it catches up to everyone. And styles make fights. Rockhold is bigger than Mousasi and a stylistic nightmare for Machida (IMHO).
I disagree, He fought stupid and abandoned his karate roots/started lifting. If you are going to use a faux muay thai stance you should leg kick.

This is what happens when people strike with machida, they get there ass beat. Everybody who beats machida takes him to the ground and beats him up there with size advantage.

Mousasi is one of the more favorable matchups for Machida at MW I agree, I'm not sure Rockhold is such a stylistic nightmare so much as he "caught" him (since his offensive wrestling isn't that overwhelming) though but Romeo oh Romeo definitely is.

This is what happens when people strike with machida, they get there ass beat. Everybody who beats machida takes him to the ground and beats him up there with size advantage.
Except the ruler of Japan, the SHOGUN.

PEDs happened. And that was Mousasi's first fight @ 185 after torn ACL and 1 year layoff.
Against Mousasi (in Brazil) pre USADA
mmv6o5.jpg

Against Rockhold (in USA) post USADA.
mhg1i0.jpg

cleanmach.png
Damn it Machida. USADA definitely got you.

Karate master sensi my ass. Just another guy looking to hurt people and get paid for it.

PEDs happened. And that was Mousasi's first fight @ 185 after torn ACL and 1 year layoff.
Against Mousasi (in Brazil) pre USADA
mmv6o5.jpg

Against Rockhold (in USA) post USADA.
mhg1i0.jpg

cleanmach.png
First you show pictures of him flexing and moving around during a fight. Then you show one's of him just standing there relaxed. Also those photos of him vs. Rockhold are either photoshopped or taken at the perfect angle and at the perfect time. He was still pretty shredded in that fight he just put on some weight because he felt weak against Weidman.

Back