Just rewatched GSP vs BJ II

giphy.gif

@chinarice @SuperNerd this shit is old news. We all have our opinions on it and we aren't going to change it. I prefer to drop it and move on. I'm not posting anymore on the subject.

I wouldn't say overrated, but he was always the bigger welterweight (I recall him being 193 for one fight) and he definitely greased for that fight, which is really lame.
smaller than Hendricks and Alves, claimed to be 180-185 when he fought Koscheck.

@chinarice @SuperNerd this shit is old news. We all have our opinions on it and we aren't going to change it. I prefer to drop it and move on. I'm not posting anymore on the subject.

I genuinely want to find that video of BJ Penn/GSP primetime. It's hard to find.\

...so I can troll with it.

Am I the only one who doesnt watch old fights?

I just cant make myself give a shit when I already know the outcome.

Also, yes. GSP was pretty decent.

Delete this post and your account

As a GSP fan, I wish he lost the first fight vs Penn. His unavenged loss streak would have still remained in play. And if that first fight was 5 rounds, I'm unsure GSP would have been able to continue. He was beaten so badly.

It was 100% superficial damage. Never rocked or wobbled nor even close. Nothing landed on the chin. If that was 5 rounds Penn would have gassed and been finished.

I will acknowledge any day that gsp is the goat and that he beat the shit outta bj in this fight ...but one thing I can't stand about this fight is it shows how bad of a ref herb dean is. Round 4 he warned Georges not to hit the back of the head 17 times ...Jesus atleast take a point or something after ten warnings ...bj was doomed no matter what but herb was ridiculous

He’s only the GOAT if the G in GOAT stood for Greasiest of All Time.

its not like gsp cheated, and regardless the outcome would've been no different.

fact is bj had nothing for gsp, in all honesty gsp tooled him in the stand up, and ground, bj's skillset was no match for an improved in his prime gsp.

also say what you want about the grease, but jones and silva both cheated using ped's....we'll never know how many times they both used stuff and got away with it, especialy pre usada. I believe most of these fighters who got caught have always taken stuff and that it's not a coincidence getting caught now, with jones and silva i think at least the last few years they had been on stuff.

the truth is most of these fighters have become dependend on taking stuff to perform better and can't cycle off or plan around the random usada testing....fact is those two others cheated using ped's, over and over again, where as gsp's corner fudged up but that doesn't make him directly a cheater, at the end of the day bj was going to get his ass handed to him one way or another, he wasn't going to beat that version of gsp on that given night.

So because he beat yet another fighter way smaller than him he is goat.. Ok

It was 100% superficial damage. Never rocked or wobbled nor even close. Nothing landed on the chin. If that was 5 rounds Penn would have gassed and been finished.
GSP got beat up and bloodied by natural FW Penn and tapped to strikes to natural LW Serra

You need to study

Study What?? The benefits of greasing in grappling when facing a striker??

It's retarded, but don't feel bad, sherdog expects nothing less of GSP haters, it' what separates the sherdog's from the shertards.

GSP got beat up and bloodied by natural FW Penn and tapped to strikes to natural LW Serra

So why wouldn't natural WW Andy ever face GSP in his natural weight class??
Been ducking GSP and the WW division since losing to scrubs at Pride.

Back