Just rewatched GSP vs BJ II

I believe most likely Georges most likely would have won without the grease. But he greased for a reason, let's not pretend it wasnt intentional. It taints the win and the performance.

Who applies baseline in between rounds?? Cornermen or cutmen provided by the commission??

GSP got beat up and bloodied by natural FW Penn and tapped to strikes to natural LW Serra

Yeah BJ proved he was a natural FW with all the success he's had there. And he totally didn't almost die the first time he tried to cut to that weight :rolleyes:

Serra was just as heavy as Saint-Pierre.

Silva, on the other hand, lost in embarassing fashion to two natural LW in pride during his prime.

Yeah B proved he was a natural FW with all the success he's had there. And he totally didn't almost die the first time he tried to cut to that weight :rolleyes:

Silva, on the other hand, lost in embarassing fashion to two natural LW in pride during his prime.
Jus´curious... Are u sayin´that Serra was a...natural WW?

Yes. He's the typical case when a fighter outgrow his first weight class and never thought about going back.
then in this case,it´s not really natural, Im afraid...

At that time, there was no $ in the LW div.

then in this case,it´s not really natural, Im afraid...

At that time, there was no $ in the LW div.

Oh really? You think he wouldn't want to rematch Penn? If he could have, he would. But he couldn't make the cut anymore.

Yeah BJ proved he was a natural FW with all the success he's had there. And he totally didn't almost die the first time he tried to cut to that weight :rolleyes:

Delusional.

Prime WW champ GSP outweighed LW Serra by over 20 pounds and he was still made to tap to strikes in under 4 minutes.

"natural WW"

wut?

It was a joke, claiming Penn as a natural FW is just as illogical as claiming Andy a natural WW. I don't actually believe Andy is a natural WW.

Just because a fighter can make the weight doesn't mean he should. Penn never looked worse than when competing at FW, his best competitive weight class was LW.

It was a joke, claiming Penn as a natural FW is just as illogical as claiming Andy a natural WW. I don't actually believe Andy is a natural WW.

Just because a fighter can make the weight doesn't mean he should. Penn never looked worse than when competing at FW, his best competitive weight class was LW.
ok

FW or LW, the main point is that he was undersized compared to GSP, and he Dared2BeGreat.

Bj whooped his ass the first fight tho
Lots of people thought an eye poke and a glancing uppercut to the tip of the nose in 30 seconds of the first round was enough for BJ to win. Lots of people are stupid.

ok

FW or LW, the main point is that he was undersized compared to GSP, and he Dared2BeGreat.
He had lots of success at WW. Beat Hughes twice, strangled Ludwig (I think that was WW), and beat Rodrigo and Renzo Gracie at MW ... he was by no means too small for WW. BJ is a better fit at WW than Frankie Edgar was at lightweight, and they both made it work because they are sick.

He had lots of success at WW. Beat Hughes twice, strangled Ludwig (I think that was WW), and beat Rodrigo and Renzo Gracie at MW ... he was by no means too small for WW. BJ is a better fit at WW than Frankie Edgar was at lightweight, and they both made it work because they are sick.
this is called D2BG, and that´s what makes him an ATG, but u cant realistically call him a natural WW.

this is called D2BG, and that´s what makes him an ATG, but u cant realistically call him a natural WW.
I promise you he walked around well over 180 after his initial UFC LW run in his early 20s ... People seem to forget that dudes gain weight when they get older, and people made much more of a big deal about it because they remembered years before when BJ was in the UFC he was an exciting lightweight. Only hardcore fans followed BJ in his time away from the UFC, and he looked great in most of the fights (Machida makes a lot of people look dumb, and that was a ridiculous fight 180lbs vs like 220lbs). I think BJ in his prime was a natural 160-165 pounder, if such a thing existed.

Delusional.

Prime WW champ GSP outweighed LW Serra by over 20 pounds and he was still made to tap to strikes in under 4 minutes.

GSP was 187 and Penn was 173. That's 14 pounds. Go back to school.

Back