Just rewatched GSP vs BJ II

The grease helped Georges with his posturing and control of BJ from top.
GSP was clearly way better. Penn wasn't going to do anything to GSP from his guard. He maybe could have neutralized some of the damage but he wasn't going to do anything from his back other than lose.

He wasn't subbing GSP, he wasn't sweeping him and he wasn't going to get back up.

Lol if your game plan revolves around TD's and top control it would make no sense to grease.

You can' avoid greasing you opponent, a greased opponent is near impossible to hold down and it makes TD's much more difficult.

Is that a fact? That's why grapplers, wrestlers, and fighters have been doing since the inception of combat sports?

GSP was clearly way better. Penn wasn't going to do anything to GSP from his guard. He maybe could have neutralized some of the damage but he wasn't going to do anything from his back other than lose.

He wasn't subbing GSP, he wasn't sweeping him and he wasn't going to get back up.

Of course he couldn't do anything if Georges was greased up like a pig

Can anyone find the primetime video for this fight? Or did BJpenn.com successfully remove them all?

Where BJ calls Georges a front runner, a quitter, a bully... then goes out and proves that's exactly what BJ Penn is

BJ basically sums up him self and why he fails in the fight. It's almost sad in hindsight.

So now I'm a delusional fan, because I can recognize when a guy was completely beaten but still never said quit? His corner stopped it, and thank god they did. GSP was across the ring doing jumping jacks between rounds lol BJ has proven to be one of the toughest guys in the sport, with the way he hung in there vs Diaz, Rory and GSP (for the 4 rounds) and others. For you to tarnish his name and insult him, by comparing him to Duran's No Mas moment, is retarded and delusional.
Always felt Duran's No Mas was slightly misunderstood...

Good god, if I needed another reminder of just how good prime GSP was, did I ever get one.

This is the greatest technical performance in MMA history. Yes, more so than Anderson - Forrest and Conor - Eddie, because neither Forrest nor Eddie were anywhere near as good as prime motivated BJ Penn; not even close. Plus they were both favourable stylistic matchups while many thought BJ was GSP's kryptonite: god-tier TDD, great chin, pressure boxing, and one of the most effective guards ever.

A lot of people thought BJ won their first fight, and BJ was looking better than he ever had in the three fights leading up to this rematch. In terms of the betting line, it was the closest of any GSP fight in his career since the Hughes rematch, and GSP has been a huge favourite in every fight since then, until he retired in 2013. So a lot of people gave BJ a great chance here, and thought if GSP were to win, it would at least be competitive.

Not the case. Total fucking domination, on the feet and on the ground. Jabbed his face off, sliced through BJ's legendary guard like a hot knife through butter, and watching BJ wincing, helpless on the ground while getting beaten up was pretty sad to watch actually.

Just a random collection of thoughts. GSP is the GOAT, there's not a close second in my opinion.

Edit:
Here's this all-time GOAT gif for ya

MMA's most iconic "No Mas" moment

Lol anderson/forest was such a masterpiece. Forest was lunging way out of position and showed no footwork at all and never attempted to clinch.

GSP/BJ2 was a great performance tho lol.

Mine (no order):
TJ / Barao 1
GSP/Penn 2
Weidman/Silva 1 & 2
Cormier / Rumble 1 (That cradle hold tho)

Can anyone find the primetime video for this fight? Or did BJpenn.com successfully remove them all?

Where BJ calls Georges a front runner, a quitter, a bully... then goes out and proves that's exactly what BJ Penn is

BJ basically sums up him self and why he fails in the fight. It's almost sad in hindsight.

Everyone has faults. Just like Georges running from Anderson, then ran from Whittaker or Yoel and made up his tummy ache excuse

Always felt Duran's No Mas was slightly misunderstood...
It was and is. But, it is still a sin to donwhat he did in boxing.

He was pressured into taking the fight and wasn’t in great shape. Then he was disgusted with how SRL was “fighting” so he said fuck it and left lol. He says he had to shit. Not sure I believe that.

If I recall correctly, BJ couldn't eyepoke GSP in the rematch.

He sure wasnt, not with his legs sliding off Georges back and chest.

Everyone has faults. Just like Georges running from Anderson, then ran from Whittaker or Yoel and made up his tummy ache excuse

Am I supposed to treat all faults equally?

Quote me when Georges accuses them of "running" or "avoiding fights".

He sure wasnt, not with his legs sliding off Georges back and chest.
Only one ever popped and it wasn't GSP ..... Just saying...

Since we're going to be relentless about cheating.

Good god, if I needed another reminder of just how good prime GSP was, did I ever get one.

This is the greatest technical performance in MMA history. Yes, more so than Anderson - Forrest and Conor - Eddie, because neither Forrest nor Eddie were anywhere near as good as prime motivated BJ Penn; not even close. Plus they were both favourable stylistic matchups while many thought BJ was GSP's kryptonite: god-tier TDD, great chin, pressure boxing, and one of the most effective guards ever.

A lot of people thought BJ won their first fight, and BJ was looking better than he ever had in the three fights leading up to this rematch. In terms of the betting line, it was the closest of any GSP fight in his career since the Hughes rematch, and GSP has been a huge favourite in every fight since then, until he retired in 2013. So a lot of people gave BJ a great chance here, and thought if GSP were to win, it would at least be competitive.

Not the case. Total fucking domination, on the feet and on the ground. Jabbed his face off, sliced through BJ's legendary guard like a hot knife through butter, and watching BJ wincing, helpless on the ground while getting beaten up was pretty sad to watch actually.

Just a random collection of thoughts. GSP is the GOAT, there's not a close second in my opinion.

Edit:
Here's this all-time GOAT gif for ya

MMA's most iconic "No Mas" moment

Most amped I've ever been for a fight.

Am I the only one who doesnt watch old fights?

I just cant make myself give a shit when I already know the outcome.

Also, yes. GSP was pretty decent.

I used to years ago but not so much anymore. Nowadays I just skip to the knockouts.

It was and is. But, it is still a sin to donwhat he did in boxing.

He was pressured into taking the fight and wasn’t in great shape. Then he was disgusted with how SRL was “fighting” so he said fuck it and left lol. He says he had to shit. Not sure I believe that.
Indeed, SRL was "GOAT" in the pre-fights "moves"...

Duran mauled him in the 1st fight, then got sick of Leonard´s antics in the 2nd, and decided to give him the finger.

They weren't the ones running..

Are you trying to avoid my point? I'll make it very clear.

BJ Penn is a hypocrite with a massive ego.

One of the best fighters of all time imo, but he's a sore loser, and a ungracious winner. I really enjoy watching a fighter like that get beat up.

Back