Just rewatched Gordeau - Tuli. Clear robbery!

Gordeau was arguably better than Smith. He had a more impressive striking background, and was very accurate. Now if they ended up on the ground, Pat might have been won by being physically stronger, but that fight could easily go either way.

Rozier made Gerard look better than he was. Kevin was unbelievably out of shape in that match. Easy pickings.

The French actually were quite sympathetic to the Nazi ideas...Collaboration in France was more than the Nazis expected.

France is always like that in wars--not the bravest folks. They didn't like the Nazis one bit afterwards, though. Gordeau supposedly claims to have Jewish ancestry, too. There have been threads here and on other MMA forums about it. I honestly don't want to take the time to research it, though.

Rozier made Gerard look better than he was. Kevin was unbelievably out of shape in that match. Easy pickings.

Neither of Gordeau's opponents were good--that's for sure. But that doesn't change the fact that Gordeau destroyed them with pinpoint accuracy. Compare that to Hackney's long-winded efforts against Yarbrough, or some other early fighters against no-talent "giants" in early UFCs.

France is always like that in wars--not the bravest folks. They didn't like the Nazis one bit afterwards, though. Gordeau supposedly claims to have Jewish ancestry, too. There have been threads here and on other MMA forums about it. I honestly don't want to take the time to research it, though.
Anti-semitism was already deeply rooted in France, perhaps b4 Germany... check the Dreyfus case.

Like my ol´Dad used to do...

View attachment 279377

Always wondered how the Human Tornado would do in early mma, some of those jumping spinning kicks looked looked like they'd snap someone's neck back a few inches. I know they were choreographed but they looked like bad news if they landed. Rudy Ray must have been about 180 - 200lbs here.

The scene where he kicks the guy with the nunchucks in the face at the party looked kinda nasty. Never saw the guy with the nunchucks ever again acting in any movie... I think that kick may have made him rethink the job his cousin offered him at his dry cleaners.

I Wonder if anyone tried to drug test David when he upset Goliath.

Size doesn't matter. He was out weighed by 100+ pounds and kicked that fuckers teeth under the announcer table

Like the title says, this was a clear robbery. Kinda missed it the first time because of beer, but after watching the fight frame for frame it is clear Gordeau was kicking a downed opponent.

Imo the result should be overturned to a DQ and Gordeau should be cut from the UFC. This is not helping the sport.

Thoughts?

2.png
At first I tried to edit this thread.....then I realized I didn't make it,
so I gave it a like instead

Neither of Gordeau's opponents were good--that's for sure. But that doesn't change the fact that Gordeau destroyed them with pinpoint accuracy. Compare that to Hackney's long-winded efforts against Yarbrough, or some other early fighters against no-talent "giants" in early UFCs.

There was about a 400lb weight difference between Hackney and Yarbrough... need a different strategy against this size opponent.

Rozier was about a 40lb difference and gassed almost immediately.

Pinpoint accuracy agreed... but Kevin Rosier had a 7 - 17 (that's 17 losses) record in boxing and a 2 - 6 (that's 6 losses) was basically target practice.

And Tela... sumo wrestlers are not trained to properly navigate an mma fight and have paid dearly for it.

Easy work for the nimble nazi. Wish Pat Smith had been paired up with him.

There was about a 400lb weight difference between Hackney and Yarbrough... need a different strategy against this size opponent.

Rozier was about a 40lb difference and gassed almost immediately.

Pinpoint accuracy agreed... but Kevin Rosier had a 7 - 17 (that's 17 losses) record in boxing and a 2 - 6 (that's 6 losses) was basically target practice.

And Tela... sumo wrestlers are not trained to properly navigate an mma fight and have paid dearly for it.

Easy work for the nimble nazi. Wish Pat Smith had been paired up with him.
Agreed.

Pat was indeed a long shot, but Gordeau was an even longer one, b4 it started.

Pat would have taken him down & GNPed him.

Gordeau was a bit awkward in the clinch.

Agreed.

The 12-6 elbows that busted up the first and last ninja in the UFC (Scott Morris) may have been deployed against Gerard once that tattoo was spotted. Just the thought of Gerard stumbling around with multiple cuts and contusions makes the air taste fresher.

Agreed.

Gordeau was a bit awkward in the clinch.

Taken down by a 135lb Warrior. Nazis go down quicker than strippers before payday when they are even close to a level playing field.

One of the high ranking Aryan brotherhood members who killed the DC blacks leader in the 80's and dragged his body up and down the prison catwalk, was named Thomas silverstein

Good example. How did the brotherhood allow or accept him?

Is there more to this story?

Back