News Joshua vs Ngannou Official March 8th Saudi Arabia

Solid card?

• Total voters
I feel that the danger of Joshua getting caught is real but I think this fight will be a lot slower paced than people expect. Joshua will look to control him with the jab and sneak the right hand behind it here and there. Joshua won't step it up until he sees Ngannou hurt or fading. The 1-2 worked pretty well for Fury, he just wasn't doing very good in the clinches.

In the face off interview they did I really got the feeling from Joshua's demeanour and the way he answered questions that he will really lay back in this fight like you say. And probably not even step it up at all.

Does amyone have experience with POV.com? I want to get this one tomorrow but don’t want to pay for a month of DAZN on top of the PPV.
I've never ordered a pay-per-view from PPV.com but they've been around for a long time. I have friends that have though and they had nothing bad to say about it.

I expect AJ to go full wlad, jab, straight, hold. I can't see him risking much else. Very, very winnable fight for AJ to be honest, Francis has the proverbial punchers chance, but we'll see.

He'll do that for a round or two, but once he gets comfortable he'll look to put Franics away. Why let Francis have 10 rounds to "get lucky" when AJ can end it in 2-3?

I don't remember him being gassed.. the 8th round was his best and most active round. What was apparent is that he seemed scared to gas, which is probably smart.

I doubt it will be much of an issue against AJ, as there's little chance that it goes past 3-4 rounds, UNLESS AJ plays it super safe and doesn't push the pace. If AJ fights like I expect him to, it'll be over quickly.
Well, I guess I'm misremembering, but all I remember is him barely doing anything after the knock down -- like he was clueless what to do or thought Fury was gonna walk into another shot.

him saying that the hardest hes ever been hit was by Tyson Fury...thats about to change in just over 24 hours

i expect Joshua to stop him around 4/5 rounds in, probably with him sat on his stool with a broken face

So much read into such a throwaway line.

We all know AJ will be the hardest puncher Francis has ever faced. If he genuinely struggled with Fury's power then we could read into it even more, but he didn't.

Well, I guess I'm misremembering, but all I remember is him barely doing anything after the knock down -- like he was clueless what to do or thought Fury was gonna walk into another shot.

Outside of the 8th round, that pretty much sums it up.

So much read into such a throwaway line.

We all know AJ will be the hardest puncher Francis has ever faced. If he genuinely struggled with Fury's power then we could read into it even more, but he didn't.
He seemed to handle Fury's power just fine, as far as we can tell, but that's who he said hit him the hardest. Ngannou would've still felt the force behind those shots even though he wasn't visibly troubled. They probably felt heavier and/or sharper than he's used to being hit.

Luckily for you there's plenty of streams where we can go fishing.

Does amyone have experience with POV.com? I want to get this one tomorrow but don’t want to pay for a month of DAZN on top of the PPV.
Just took a peek at PPV.com. It's MORE expensive than DAZN. :mad:
DAZN still has the one month free trial thing going, so I'll just sign up and make sure to cancel before the deadline.
<Kobe213>

I used to do this back when they streamed Bellator.

He seemed to handle Fury's power just fine, as far as we can tell, but that's who he said hit him the hardest. Ngannou would've still felt the force behind those shots even though he wasn't visibly troubled. They probably felt heavier and/or sharper than he's used to being hit.

And Floyd Mayweather says Emanuel Augustus was his toughest opponent.

Maybe Francis genuinely thinks Fury hit him the hardest. Maybe he was being diplomatic. The shot Stipe hit him with just before the KO seemed to hurt Francis more than anything Fury landed on him. It's just not that important.

What is important is that he handled Fury's power (or lack thereof) just fine. If he didn't, then we could be particularly concerned about his chin.

I think there's enough tape on Francis to see that his defence will be the issue, not his chin. His chin seems very solid. AJ will blast him out of there because Francis just won't be able to avoid shots that would blast anyone out of there.

And Floyd Mayweather says Emanuel Augustus was his toughest opponent.

Maybe Francis genuinely thinks Fury hit him the hardest. Maybe he was being diplomatic. The shot Stipe hit him with just before the KO seemed to hurt Francis more than anything Fury landed on him. It's just not that important.

What is important is that he handled Fury's power (or lack thereof) just fine. If he didn't, then we could be particularly concerned about his chin.

I think there's enough tape on Francis to see that his defence will be the issue, not his chin. His chin seems very solid. AJ will blast him out of there because Francis just won't be able to avoid shots that would blast anyone out of there.
Stipe did appear to hurt him (in the rematch) unlike Fury. However, it isn't always the hardest shots that do the damage. Timing and whether the fighter saw the punch coming in are also significant factors. The unexpected ones tend to hurt fighters the worst. Francis' porous defense will probably cost him here.

Ngannou is talking too much. I think that he has forgotten -ironically- that he is protected by boxing rules i.e. different rules from MMA. So keep your focus, Francis, because AJ is no joke.

He'll do that for a round or two, but once he gets comfortable he'll look to put Franics away. Why let Francis have 10 rounds to "get lucky" when AJ can end it in 2-3?
Because wanting to end it early is the best way to get knocked out. It is how AJ got dropped by Ruiz. And how Fury got dropped by Ngannou.

Wow! Yes! This is a great card! I can't wait! Go Huni, I'm a fan of Zhang and Parker! It's a great fight! May the best man win! I'm a fan of Joshua and Ngannou! For the sake of Boxing though going for one fighter more. Go Joshua!

If I had to guess, I'd wager that AJ brings out the Ruiz II gameplan and stick n' moves to a lopsided decision - or at least does that early on until he senses Francis getting tired and then steps on the gas.

...but that's what I thought Fury would do, so who the hell knows.

Francis made Fury look like he had never really thrown a jab before, so maybe he can do that to AJ too. Still, I do think AJ is a little lighter on his feet than Fury (it's the one technical aspect where he might have an edge on Tyson - all other factors I see Fury as better, though Joshua has more pop). Being light on your feet could well be the key to outmanouvering Ngannou.

The big question is what happens if things start to go against AJ. He didn't deal well with adversity in Ruiz 1 or in the two Usyk fights - and even against Klitschko it took him a few rounds to recover from the knockdown against a 40-year old Vlad.

The fight looks intriguing on paper... but could also end up as a boring one-sided ud, but who knows?

Final prediction is that the combat sports world is due for a brutal reality check. AJ is the worst matchup for Big Frank in the division.

AJ KO round 2.

Ngannous team is smart for the extra lbs against the like of Fury and Joshua.

More size means it will be easier to absorb dem punches and much easier to transport the generated force.

Back