News Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder agreed to take place in Saudi Arabia, March 9

Who wins this fight?

• Total voters
Diminished interest AJ fight would still be the biggest non Fury fight of Wilders career.

I mean he went to arbitration for the 3rd Fury fight when no one wanted to see it. It was still worth it to him regardless of the lessened hype(of course Fury had the belt it's not neccessarily money but you know what I mean)
Wilder still seems interested judging by what he's been saying the last day or two, but I'm not sure AJ is on board. At this point I think he'd rather fight Hrgovic for an alphabet title, and might be open to revisiting a Wilder fight if Wilder can rehabilitate his rep the way DDD did against Miller. But that's going to be hard work. He can't just blow out some nobody; it's going to require a spectacular ko against a known fighter, maybe Andy Ruiz.

Wilder still seems interested judging by what he's been saying the last day or two, but I'm not sure AJ is on board. At this point I think he'd rather fight Hrgovic for an alphabet title, and might be open to revisiting a Wilder fight if Wilder can rehabilitate his rep the way DDD did against Miller. But that's going to be hard work. He can't just blow out some nobody; it's going to require a spectacular ko against a known fighter, maybe Andy Ruiz.

the way things are headed Joshua could be the ibf champ at some point next year, if he beats hrgovic. Wilder will need to get back in contention, which seems unlikely. He’s done nothing to keep himself busy or in contention the last 2 years, it’s almost like he expects to be given a shot but this isn’t the wbc. He’ll have to beat a contender, probably 2 and i just don’t see that happening. I think he’ll retire in the next couple of years and I doubt he fights again

the way things are headed Joshua could be the ibf champ at some point next year, if he beats hrgovic. Wilder will need to get back in contention, which seems unlikely. He’s done nothing to keep himself busy or in contention the last 2 years, it’s almost like he expects to be given a shot but this isn’t the wbc. He’ll have to beat a contender, probably 2 and i just don’t see that happening. I think he’ll retire in the next couple of years and I doubt he fights again
I'm interested in the Hrgovic fight and hope it happens in March. I assume Joshua is capable of beating him, but I'm not all that familiar with Hrogovic. I've seen him fight 5 or 6 times, never against anyone good. Apparently his first step up fight, against Zhang, was pretty unimpressive. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm interested in the Hrgovic fight and hope it happens in March. I assume Joshua is capable of beating him, but I'm not all that familiar with Hrogovic. I've seen him fight 5 or 6 times, never against anyone good. Apparently his first step up fight, against Zhang, was pretty unimpressive. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Technically he’s good, sound fundamentals and hits pretty hard, but he is upright and stiff. More so than Joshua. I personally thought he beat zhang but it was a coin flip. That’s the only decent fighter he’s fought and the only time he’s struggled. And we know zhang is better than most thought based on his last 3 fights. I favour Joshua but I thinks it’s gonna be a difficult fight

Joshua should be beating him, but Hrgovic would fancy his chances in this. I thought he looked bad in parts against Zhang, and if AJ is 'back', I'm not sure he lets Hrgovic off.

Boxing is a tough sport especially at heavyweight. When you actually challenge yourself its very easy to get caught and lose. AJ is way more talented boxer than Fury he just has consistently challenged himself and been saved by the ref/judges less. (Fury should have lost to Wallin, Wilder 1 and Ngannou).

If Fury ever grows the balls to get in there with Usyk he's going to cop a bigger beatdown than AJ did believe me on that.

As for Wilder im not sure how so many people overlooked Parker on that one.....Wilder's only chance was always just to catch him with a big shot but Parker is not old, slow and out of shape like Ortiz was at the time. If he didn't catch him and most likely he wasn't going too...everyone should have very much expected Parker to have cruised to an easy decision win.

Fury has people convinced that AJ is just a body builder and that he's the better boxer but what I see is AJ actually outboxing people and Tyson getting caught by literally everyone and using size to hug and wear people down and outpoint them in the end.

Lol no. Joshua is not more talented …

Let’s be real here; Joshua lost to Andy and Usyk twice. He looked awful against Franklin and not great against helenus. Wilder and Joshua is still a good fight to make, no need to wait. Joshua ain’t getting a rematch against Usyk

Let’s be real here; Joshua lost to Andy and Usyk twice. He looked awful against Franklin and not great against helenus. Wilder and Joshua is still a good fight to make, no need to wait. Joshua ain’t getting a rematch against Usyk
Joshua vs Franklin was one-sided. You could maybe give Franklin two or three rounds tops. Joshua was also coming off two consecutive losses to Usyk so his match-up against Franklin was a rebound fight. Joshua's confidence was at an all time low going into that fight. He'd just lost back-to-back and to a much smaller guy.

Now admittedly Joshua did look very mediocre against Helenius but, if memory serves, he changed trainers again. In the last few years he's gone through 4 or 5 of them. In the end he still got the highlight reel KO. He's now stopped Wallin as well and didn't lose a moment in that fight. Joshua's currently riding a three-fight win streak with back-to-back finishes.

Fury just struggled mightily against an MMA fighter, got knocked on his ass by him, and his opponent wasn't even a boxer. It's funny that you call Joshua's performance against Franklin "awful" but give Fury a pass for looking laughably bad against a completely unqualified boxing debutant.

Joshua vs Franklin was one-sided. You could maybe give Franklin two or three rounds tops. Joshua was also coming off two consecutive losses to Usyk so his match-up against Franklin was a rebound fight. Joshua's confidence was at an all time low going into that fight. He'd just lost back-to-back and to a much smaller guy.

Now admittedly Joshua did look very mediocre against Helenius but, if memory serves, he changed trainers again. In the last few years he's gone through 4 or 5 of them. In the end he still got the highlight reel KO. He's now stopped Wallin as well and didn't lose a moment in that fight. Joshua's currently riding a three-fight win streak with back-to-back finishes.

Fury just struggled mightily against an MMA fighter, got knocked on his ass by him, and his opponent wasn't even a boxer. It's funny that you call Joshua's performance against Franklin "awful" but give Fury a pass for looking laughably bad against a completely unqualified boxing debutant.

Fury already had Usyk fight lined up and took on Francis as exhibition originally that was changed to a real fight, clearly didn’t take it seriously. It wasn’t great but it is what it is. If fury defeats Usyk then we know Francis was a fluke

Fury already had Usyk fight lined up and took on Francis as exhibition originally that was changed to a real fight, clearly didn’t take it seriously. It wasn’t great but it is what it is. If fury defeats Usyk then we know Francis was a fluke
Even if Fury didn't take it seriously he looked like shit every second of that fight. He was supposed to be levels above Ngannou. In reality he should've been able to just roll off the couch and easily beat him. Instead he struggled bad. Did that look like the top heavyweight in the world to you? It sure didn't to me.

I don’t even think the best version of Fury can take Usyk. If Fury wins that’s probably the fluke.

Even if Fury didn't take it seriously he looked like shit every second of that fight. He was supposed to be levels above Ngannou. In reality he should've been able to just roll off the couch and easily beat him. Instead he struggled bad. Did that look like the top heavyweight in the world to you? It sure didn't to me.

The heavyweight world is different. Nganou is 270 lbs with abs and boxing skill.

Floyd should have wiped Conor but he lost rounds to him

The heavyweight world is different. Nganou is 270 lbs with abs and boxing skill.

Heavyweight boxing is different but not that different. Ngannou isn't even known in the MMA world as having some of the best hands. He's known for his raw punching power but not his boxing skill or technique in the cage. Fury really has no excuse for looking so poor. Feel free to give him a pass. With that terrible performance he embarrassed himself, the heavyweight division, and to a lesser degree the entire sport of boxing. Floyd was old, retired, and wanted Conor to punch himself out before turning it up and getting him out of there. Big difference.

I made a video explaining how stupid the matchmaking was. I'm sad I got proven right.

Floyd took it easy the first few rounds then won every round and stopped McGregor. He pretty much did wipe the floor with him if McGregor was never in a position to win.

Eddie and AJ aged him out, they wanted nothing to do with Wilder back when he was killing people left and right (2015-2022). I still think he KOs Joshua TBH

Floyd took it easy the first few rounds then won every round and stopped McGregor. He pretty much did wipe the floor with him if McGregor was never in a position to win.

This is true but the reason Conors performance was an embarassment for boxing is Floyds elite opponents seldom took rounds from. Maidana, Canelo and Cotto took some rounds from him. De La Hoya almost beat him. Mosley landed that nice shot. Other than that it was usually 12-0 or close to it.

This is true but the reason Conors performance was an embarassment for boxing is Floyds elite opponents seldom took rounds from. Maidana, Canelo and Cotto took some rounds from him. De La Hoya almost beat him. Mosley landed that nice shot. Other than that it was usually 12-0 or close to it.

Well, people often do this with elite guys who are on top of their sport for a long time, but people often think that Floyd was the same fighter every year of his career. He was 40 years old when he fought McGregor.

When McGregor won rounds it was just due to lack of volume from Floyd, and not really any damage from McGregor (basically wrestled him for weak 10-9s), so while he got rounds off it didn't really affect the momentum of the fight (similar to how sometimes farangs can take an early round off of a elite Thai fighter in Muay Thai).

It wasn't very close, and considering it was Floyd's last fight it isn't actually telling of MMA > Boxing at all. Floyd had not even fought in 2 years at that point, so he was essentially retired and fighting for shits n giggles (which is true, it was basically an exhibition ). That's not to mention that unlike Fury vs Ngannou, Floyd and McGregor are not the same weight class in boxing. (McGregor is bigger by quite a bit)

There is a lot of context missing to make it seem like McGregor is competitive with Floyd Mayweather. McGregor lost quite badly and via stoppage against a retired, 40 year old boxer, who is 2-3 weight classes smaller than him. When phrased like that, it doesn't seem like McGregor taking a couple rounds in a 12 round fight (I think it was 12, cant remember) is that big of a deal.

Last edited:
Back