Running your mouth to keep yourself under contract

sph1nx

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anthony Smith, ladies and gentlemen, is the epitome of this phenomenon. It astounds me how simply being outspoken can keep you relevant in this industry. Despite numerous mediocre performances in recent years, he still asserts himself as an elite fighter and contender. It's hard to believe he genuinely believes what he says; he must know he's deliberately exaggerating.

I think he just wants an easy title shot, and this time he will take the title if he gets illegally hit. All these people take EVERYTHING TONY WORKED FOR, just like Jones it's keeping a brotha down

Anthony Smith, ladies and gentlemen, is the epitome of this phenomenon. It astounds me how simply being outspoken can keep you relevant in this industry. Despite numerous mediocre performances in recent years, he still asserts himself as an elite fighter and contender. It's hard to believe he genuinely believes what he says; he must know he's deliberately exaggerating.
Nope. He’s just weird. That’s it.

Did he? Conor has better performances than him.
not since he fought Mayweather... they have all been ass... like he had no business in there...
Mayweather carried him...
Khabib toyed with him...
After looking like dump Dustin KO'ed his ass/Connor literately fell apart
and Cowboy took a dive...

Smith was pretty dang good in his prime, and managed to claw back from being cut and obscurity to a title shot.

Not everyone will be champ but most topish guys all think they are the best. Look at Tony or Weidman, it isnt just Anthony.

He had a good career and has several big names in his win column. That said, he did look really not good his last two fights specifically and since he does do desk work for the UFC I'd like to see him hang em up before it becomes a Tony or BJ situation.

Bro that's every sport.

They want to make money
no its not you idiot

how many football stars sit there talking shit, how many athletes, how many golfers...i could go on and on

those are sports where the skill level determine how successful they are, not some bald mother fucking asshole who is creating BMF belts and people..and i use that term very losely..i really mean assholes, lap it up

no its not you idiot

how many football stars sit there talking shit, how many athletes, how many golfers...i could go on and on

those are sports where the skill level determine how successful they are, not some bald mother fucking asshole who is creating BMF belts and people..and i use that term very losely..i really mean assholes, lap it up

You're in the UFC forum talking about it, you idiot.

It is pretty clear the reason it astounds you is you don't understand the industry Anthony Smith and all fighters are in. They are in the entertainment industry. Anthony Smith "running his mouth" is just doing his job trying to provide an entertaining performance to keep people interested in his work. Are you astounded by how Arnold Schwarenegger has stayed relevant in the industry because he is not actually a killer robot from the future, but repeatedly tries to make us believe he is?

Trollby Borington is another.

Dour performances so boring the ufc were supposedly gonna cut him, then they give him infinite failed title shots because he babbles on a bit.

Back