Joshua to Wilder - "stop hollering and hootering or we'll just freeze you out"

Wilder shouldn't on boxing ability beat Ortiz but he sparked him out. Foreman avoided Shavers for the sole reason that Shavers hit too hard. Boxers know that real power is genuinely scary it itself. If he thought Wilder was a can, he would take the fight and cash the check.
I'm with you. I don't think he thinks he's a can though. I also think they know he could easily beat him. I also think they know aj is the "a side" I also know that they make a fight in the UK right now and both would be getting the biggest pay day of their careers bigger than it would be in America. At this exact moment in time.

I also know that the big money is to be made fighting on American prime time ppv. If aj can fill an 80k stadium and get 500k ppv in the UK alone.. He can damn sure get bigger in America with more exposure. What figures does Deontay bring? What his ppv sales? Because I don't think they are comparable.

There's no ducking argument here to be made. It's silly. For both of their wallets sake a big fight in America after Anthony's exposure to the American market is where all of the big money is at. I don't think that is debatable.

Some seriously deluded bell whacks on here. Joshua would destroy Wilder, the reason he doesn’t want him in the ring is because the fight isn’t signed. Simple.
You picked Ortiz to do that too. Sup.

I think wilders shouting from the sidelines to get himself a larger slice of the pie, but it’s unlikely to work because Joshua has more options than wilder. & if fury seriously comes back, in many ways that’s a bigger fight for joshua. I agree with what hearn and Joshua are saying; sit down and negotiate rather than just complaining
You are smart

Yeah wilder is talking sh*t in the search for the highest percentage possible

Parker vs Wilder at the Westpac stadium in Wellington for the undisputed title! They don't mind fighting in the rain do they?

Some seriously deluded bell whacks on here. Joshua would destroy Wilder, the reason he doesn’t want him in the ring is because the fight isn’t signed. Simple.

And Ortiz destroys Wilder too right?

And Browne isn't a can?

Only a stupid fight fall for these games about being scared. Joshua is way too smart to make bad business deal to prove anyone wrong. Floyd had to deal with the same nonsense all his career about being scared of this fighter or that fighter. But end of the day this is prize fighting.......they are fighting for money. For me if Wilder truly believes he can beat him, he makes the fight accept even 25%-30%. What he gains by knocking out Joshua is far more important. Not only 3 titles.....but he will be undisputed nr 1 heavyweight in the world. I just dont understand the logic of playing the game of both being equal and bringing the same to the table. For me all it has shown is Wilder and his people are simply not serious

I said "taken as a whole." Stand alone observations might lead me to think one thing or another, but together, they give an impression: AJ doesn't want to lose; doesn't want a zero on his record; he s willing to use politics to avoid a fighter because of his words (the same type of "heel" tactics that Mayweather used, Wilder is using, too, by the way).

These collective remarks don't inspire confidence.

I said "taken as a whole." Stand alone observations might lead me to think one thing or another, but together, they give an impression: AJ doesn't want to lose; doesn't want a zero on his record; he s willing to use politics to avoid a fighter because of his words (the same type of "heel" tactics that Mayweather used, Wilder is using, too, by the way).

These collective remarks don't inspire confidence.

I agree and he should be worried. It's the heavyweight division. Your opponent doesn't need to be better than you to beat you. One clean punch can end any fight but in the heavies it's a much bigger factor. You can lose any fight at any time. Parker can get lucky and beat him. Wilder is basically a 50/50 fight. Being undefeated and an icon in your country comes at a price. One loss can cost him tens of millions in future revenue. There is so much on the line with every single fight any normal person would be incredibly concerned.

Is that an excuse to avoid the best fight out there? Of course not. People do it anyway though. Look how long it took for Clenelo Alvaroids to finally juice up and fight GGG or how Kovalev and Adonis never even fought.

Where would it make Joshua more money?

Nobody stateside knows who Wilder is, and Joshua is already a HUGE draw in the UK and is well known in Europe, it would not get him any bigger purses at all until another US based fighter came along making a bit of a splash.

14k fans turned up to watch Wilders biggest fight yet, i dont know how many watched it on TV, but i would imagine it was pretty shite viewings. I think you are thinking as a boxing fan, rather than a realist. I would love to see them fight, but the fact is that even if Joshua wiped Wilder out in 1 round, it would not make him a bigger draw in this country(he is nearly maxed out), and due to the popularity of Wilder, i doubt it would make him a star in the US either.

You are trying to play it like Joshua doesnt think he can win...i kind of find that funny, not everyone wants to deal with a loud cunt who wont back up his words when it gets to the nitty gritty.

the irony is that deontays views are going up most likely cos people wanna see who the guy who AJ is gonna fight is and what kind of chance he has lol.
AJ defo the power ball in this negotiation.

the irony is that deontays views are going up most likely cos people wanna see who the guy who AJ is gonna fight is and what kind of chance he has lol.
AJ defo the power ball in this negotiation.
The flipside to that mate that people seem to forget is that aj is taking the humble approach. It is another forgotten approach in today's age. He's acting like a role model. Which I think is why he is so well liked here. Imagine him getting known in America.. that is the flip side to this equation.

Anthony Joshua apparantly isnt in the mood to play the stupid games that Deontay Wilder seems to want to try and engage him in to get himself a shot at him.

When asked he simply said he wanted concrete negotiations and not someone just screaming all over the media about wanting a fight, and he carries on, he will simply be frozen out of the picture.

Actual quote

"Wilder has to be realistic and stop living the fantasy," he told BBC Sport.

"If he was serious about the fight, we'd do serious negotiation. If not, stop hooting and hollering because we'll just freeze him out.""

Or just make the fight and don't care what he's saying. Saying you'll freeze him out doesn't sound very reassuring that he wants to fight him.

The flipside to that mate that people seem to forget is that aj is taking the humble approach. It is another forgotten approach in today's age. He's acting like a role model. Which I think is why he is so well liked here. Imagine him getting known in America.. that is the flip side to this equation.

They should fight or shut up. Smells like mayweather/manny.

Yea they should. They got a ton of time on their hands though unlike Pac/Floyd.

That's definitely true! I guess I just try to respect boxing and I try to watch the big fights but the way they act like divas makes Conor look easy sometime.

Also hate how if an MMA fighter has a meh record then he's a scrub, yet usually fights all close or better competition and boxers will just pad that record for years and it's totally fine and just mentioned that, "that's boxing"

That's definitely true! I guess I just try to respect boxing and I try to watch the big fights but the way they act like divas makes Conor look easy sometime.
Mate everyone is coming at it from the fan angle. I want to see it, everyone does. It would be great if they could milk it for a trilogy etc. But the truth is loads of money is at stake and tgeyre both not old in the slightest. I just think the ducking stuff is bullshit. I don't think either are scared of the other.

Hopefully we will get it soon. And imo And that's all that it is, I cant see Joshua losing bar a lucky right hand. Joshua still has to getvthroigh parker this weekend anyways. So there is that too.

Back