Joshua to Wilder - "stop hollering and hootering or we'll just freeze you out"

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Anthony Joshua apparantly isnt in the mood to play the stupid games that Deontay Wilder seems to want to try and engage him in to get himself a shot at him.

When asked he simply said he wanted concrete negotiations and not someone just screaming all over the media about wanting a fight, and he carries on, he will simply be frozen out of the picture.

Actual quote

"Wilder has to be realistic and stop living the fantasy," he told BBC Sport.

"If he was serious about the fight, we'd do serious negotiation. If not, stop hooting and hollering because we'll just freeze him out.""

Wow AJ dillying and dallying to Wilder's hollering and hootering. {<jordan}

Anthony Joshua apparantly isnt in the mood to play the stupid games that Deontay Wilder seems to want to try and engage him in to get himself a shot at him.

When asked he simply said he wanted concrete negotiations and not someone just screaming all over the media about wanting a fight, and he carries on, he will simply be frozen out of the picture.

Actual quote

"Wilder has to be realistic and stop living the fantasy," he told BBC Sport.

"If he was serious about the fight, we'd do serious negotiation. If not, stop hooting and hollering because we'll just freeze him out.""

I think wilders shouting from the sidelines to get himself a larger slice of the pie, but it’s unlikely to work because Joshua has more options than wilder. & if fury seriously comes back, in many ways that’s a bigger fight for joshua. I agree with what hearn and Joshua are saying; sit down and negotiate rather than just complaining

Stupid on Joshua's part because loudmouths get everyone paid significantly more. Every time Wilder steps in front of a camera and goes off on a rant it puts money in the bank. The spectacle gets covered by places that wouldn't normally give a shit about the fight and casuals get excited. As much as we clown of fair-weather boxing fans they bring serious money to the table. That is how boxing has worked since the beginning of time. Make a fool of yourself outside of the ring in exchange for more money inside of the ring. Wilder knows that shit. Floyd knew that shit. Apollo Creed had it down to a science. Even Broner made millions he didn't deserve by putting on a show in the post-fight stuff.

Stupid on Joshua's part because loudmouths get everyone paid significantly more. Every time Wilder steps in front of a camera and goes off on a rant it puts money in the bank. The spectacle gets covered by places that wouldn't normally give a shit about the fight and casuals get excited. As much as we clown of fair-weather boxing fans they bring serious money to the table. That is how boxing has worked since the beginning of time. Make a fool of yourself outside of the ring in exchange for more money inside of the ring. Wilder knows that shit. Floyd knew that shit. Apollo Creed had it down to a science. Even Broner made millions he didn't deserve by putting on a show in the post-fight stuff.

I think you are underestimating the value of Joshua, he is filling 70-90k stadiums each and every fight, im not sure how many years you would have to go back, but i would imagine it is a LOT since the last time someone could do that on a regular basis even when fighting what some would consider as average fighters.

He just doesnt need Wilder

I think you are underestimating the value of Joshua, he is filling 70-90k stadiums each and every fight, im not sure how many years you would have to go back, but i would imagine it is a LOT since the last time someone could do that on a regular basis even when fighting what some would consider as average fighters.

He just doesnt need Wilder

I see it like I saw Kovalev and Adonis Stevenson. They should have fought a long time ago. It would have been the biggest fight in the division in many years but they didn't and they both went on just fine without one another.

Joshua can make hilariously large sums of money without Wilder for sure. That doesn't change the fact he would make more with Wilder and make more for years to come in every other fight he's in if he beats Wilder. So no Joshua doesn't "need" him but a win against him would benefit his wallet and career and legacy in ways no other win after Klit possibly could.

If he is confident he would win then the fight is literally a no-brainer. If he thinks he'll lose it should probably be avoided. It's pretty simple really.

Seems like AJ and Hearn are already freezing Wilder out.

Joshua faces WBO champ Parker in Cardiff on March 31 and, should he emerge victorious, a bout with WBC strap-holder Deontay Wilder has been widely mooted as the Brit looks to unify the division.

But Hearn has suggested Whyte - who meets Lucas Browne this weekend - will fight Joshua again, and should be considered as a potential next opponent for Wilder.

"I know that Joshua will fight Dillian Whyte again," Hearn told Sky Sports. "I think if you asked him and said 'Tell me one fight in the division you want?' He could say Dillian Whyte, because he loved it, and he feels as though he wasn't his best, because he lost his rag a little bit.

"But he's improved so much and he loves having a tear-up, and he knows Dillian will give him a tear-up. He loves the build-up. He wants people to go at him at the pressers, AJ. But they seem to lose their bark a little bit when they're in front of him. I would like him [Whyte] to fight Wilder still. I think that if we didn't fight Wilder next and we had our August fight, then we could do Dillian against Wilder.

"Everybody wants to see AJ versus Wilder, it's difficult, but I would like to see Dillian get a shot at the world title before he fights AJ. It [Whyte vs Browne] is a really big fight for the division and the winner - Wilder and AJ are looking at this fight and saying - 'the winner is a million percent on my radar'.

"All AJ talks about is fighting Dillian Whyte again, because he seems to really want to do that. Of course Lucas Browne is a former world champion who is undefeated, so if he beats Dillian, all of a sudden he's a major player."

http://www.sportingnews.com/boxing/...-boxing-eddie-hearn/ibhkryuoidtk1qlws2k6myykw

Just make the fucking fight already. Dillian Whyte's a decent fighter but this obsession with trying to make Wilder kick the shit out of him or AJ wanting to ko him again for some stupid reason is getting ridiculous. If AJ gets past Parker there will be absolutely no need to further promote this fight with more tune ups. It's ready, we're all excited, it's time to get this shit done. Please don't ruin everything and lose to Parker, AJ, you got this. Then, for Christ's sake, just fight Wilder. Stop playing games, dude.

Last edited:
I see it like I saw Kovalev and Adonis Stevenson. They should have fought a long time ago. It would have been the biggest fight in the division in many years but they didn't and they both went on just fine without one another.

Joshua can make hilariously large sums of money without Wilder for sure. That doesn't change the fact he would make more with Wilder and make more for years to come in every other fight he's in if he beats Wilder. So no Joshua doesn't "need" him but a win against him would benefit his wallet and career and legacy in ways no other win after Klit possibly could.

If he is confident he would win then the fight is literally a no-brainer. If he thinks he'll lose it should probably be avoided. It's pretty simple really.

Where would it make Joshua more money?

Nobody stateside knows who Wilder is, and Joshua is already a HUGE draw in the UK and is well known in Europe, it would not get him any bigger purses at all until another US based fighter came along making a bit of a splash.

14k fans turned up to watch Wilders biggest fight yet, i dont know how many watched it on TV, but i would imagine it was pretty shite viewings. I think you are thinking as a boxing fan, rather than a realist. I would love to see them fight, but the fact is that even if Joshua wiped Wilder out in 1 round, it would not make him a bigger draw in this country(he is nearly maxed out), and due to the popularity of Wilder, i doubt it would make him a star in the US either.

You are trying to play it like Joshua doesnt think he can win...i kind of find that funny, not everyone wants to deal with a loud cunt who wont back up his words when it gets to the nitty gritty.

Where would it make Joshua more money?

Nobody stateside knows who Wilder is, and Joshua is already a HUGE draw in the UK and is well known in Europe, it would not get him any bigger purses at all until another US based fighter came along making a bit of a splash.

14k fans turned up to watch Wilders biggest fight yet, i dont know how many watched it on TV, but i would imagine it was pretty shite viewings. I think you are thinking as a boxing fan, rather than a realist. I would love to see them fight, but the fact is that even if Joshua wiped Wilder out in 1 round, it would not make him a bigger draw in this country(he is nearly maxed out), and due to the popularity of Wilder, i doubt it would make him a star in the US either.

You are trying to play it like Joshua doesnt think he can win...i kind of find that funny, not everyone wants to deal with a loud cunt who wont back up his words when it gets to the nitty gritty.

You are just talking shit now. First of all I think Joshua wins the fight so trying to say I am trying to play it some other way is stupid. Wilder can win but I would have him as a huge underdog after the first few rounds of the Ortiz fight. He can't play the clock on Joshua without getting sparked out.

Secondly saying ANY fighter "is nearly maxed out" is beyond retarded. There is no limit to what a fighter can make if he keeps gaining fans. Was Floyd maxed out making 10 million a fight? How about when he made 100 million? How about when he pushed 200 million last time? Is Joshua making 50 million per fight? He making 100 million? Or 200 million? No he the fuck is not. Wiping out Wilder would make him a bigger draw throughout the entire world. How the fuck does that NOT make him more money? So what if he fills stadiums. Most of a fighter's purse comes from TV throughout the world, not just from ticket sales locally.

You saying the number one heavy in the world desn't need to fight the number two heavy in the world comes off as nothing more than fear. Any boxing fan should want the best guys fighting. Especially the best guys with belts. Anyone can dodge anyone these days but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

You calling Wilder a loud cunt just shows your bias. Joshua shouldn't give a shit about any other fighter's attitude. He isn't the God of boxing. He isn't the king of the division. He's just a fighter. Hell if Klit wouldn't have stepped off the gas because his stupid corner told him to he could have easily been finished by the guy who wouldn't even throw punches against Fury. So acting like he is the second coming is ridiculous. He is just a fighter who is threatening to avoid another fighter because he talks about wanting to fight him.

Whilst Anthony's massive reputation relied on him being humble. So that's his side to it. Which in my opinion has won him more fans comparably.

Secondly saying ANY fighter "is nearly maxed out" is beyond retarded. There is no limit to what a fighter can make if he keeps gaining fans. Was Floyd maxed out making 10 million a fight? How about when he made 100 million? How about when he pushed 200 million last time? Is Joshua making 50 million per fight? He making 100 million? Or 200 million? No he the fuck is not. Wiping out Wilder would make him a bigger draw throughout the entire world. How the fuck does that NOT make him more money? So what if he fills stadiums. Most of a fighter's purse comes from TV throughout the world, not just from ticket sales locally.

So i will ask you again, how is fighting and beating Wilder(who cant draw a crowd in his hometown) going to get him more fans?

It wont increase his exposure by much as barely anyone watches Wilder, that is kind of the way things work. You have compared him to Floyd Mayweather, who managed to increase marketability by targetting fighters with a sizeable following. The likes of Gatti, Judah, DLH, Hatton, Marquez, Cotto...i'll stop now. All of these fighters were extremely marketable and brought a fair amount to the table, Wilder just does not have that in the slightest.

God knows what the comment about fear means, like i could give a fuck who wins.

You calling Wilder a loud cunt just shows your bias.

No, he actually is a loudmouth cunt, that wasnt my opinion, that was a statement of fact.

Joshua shouldn't give a shit about any other fighter's attitude.

But he does, as he holds all of the cards in this game at the moment.

Joshua ducking hard.
lol

One thing is for sure, Wilder is getting under Joshuas skin. I don't think he's ducking I think he's waiting for a bit longer to make the fight as low risk to reward but Wilder is going to wind him up all the way until fight night that's for sure.

Looking past Parker is a bonehead play

Just make the fucking fight already. Dillian Whyte's a decent fighter but this obsession with trying to make Wilder kick the shit out of him or AJ wanting to ko him again for some stupid reason is getting ridiculous. Stop playing games, dude.

This way Hearn gets a free payday off Whyte's back. He pulling a page off ol' Daddy Arum's playbook.

This is all a game to get more of our money when they fight.

(Its working.)

IMO this looks bad for Joshua.

Wilder is his biggest threat.
The clear number two guy.
And would make him the most money.

Wilder should (and will) keep running his mouth. If Wilder keeps knocking people out (more likely than not) and Joshua keeps brushing him off it’s not gonna be a good look for him. You are young and in your prime, you said you wanted to be mentioned with the likes of Ali, Lewis, Holyfield.....show the world how good you really are. Take out wilder.

Look at someone like Lennox Lewis, that guy had to go through a murderers row (seriously look at that mans resume) for years to get his respect and to get to the point where he was calling shots. Joshua has one big win and now he is the anointed one? Come on.

Back