Joshua to Wilder - "stop hollering and hootering or we'll just freeze you out"

AJ was favored to win 1/16. -1600.

Please stop pretending this was some highly competitive hard opponent.
AJ was known to the casuals, Dillian wasn't hence why the odds were so much in his favour but everyone who knew Whyte knew that he could give AJ a tough fight. That's what he proved. Just because you didn't know that doesn't make it untrue.

Same tier as Stiverne. Meh.

He is, but its much more power than anything else imo. Dont imagine age will cause an overnight fall off for him, but it could happen. Father Time is a real son of a bitch.

It's not like he has a ton of miles in him. Dude started late and managed his career well.

AJ was known to the casuals, Dillian wasn't hence why the odds were so much in his favour but everyone who knew Whyte knew that he could give AJ a tough fight. That's what he proved. Just because you didn't know that doesn't make it untrue.
Odds arent made by who is known to casuals.

Youve got zero to back your claims. Sorry. Whyte isnt shit.

Odds arent made by who is known to casuals.

Youve got zero to back your claims. Sorry. Whyte isnt shit.
Sky put the fight on pay per view, that's how much they thought it would be a tough fight. Maybe you don't know how odds work but casuals place bets on the fighter they like which is AJ and the odds get shorter and shorter. When that happens the odds no longer reflect what the bookies started them at. Just give it up, Whyte was seen as a tough fight for AJ, he gave him a tough fight which you can' deny. We'll just have to agree to disagree because nothing you say will change my mind that Whyte was known before and after as a tough fight for AJ.

Sky put the fight on pay per view, that's how much they thought it would be a tough fight. Maybe you don't know how odds work but casuals place bets on the fighter they like which is AJ and the odds get shorter and shorter. When that happens the odds no longer reflect what the bookies started them at. Just give it up, Whyte was seen as a tough fight for AJ, he gave him a tough fight which you can' deny. We'll just have to agree to disagree because nothing you say will change my mind that Whyte was known before and after as a tough fight for AJ.
It was put on PPV because AJ has a massive fanbase. It has absolutely zero to do with his opponent.

-1600. Not a hard opponent. This is an indisputable fact. You simply look like a clown trying to.

It was put on PPV because AJ has a massive fanbase. It has absolutely zero to do with his opponent.

-1600. Not a hard opponent. This is an indisputable fact. You simply look like a clown trying to.
Ok stop being a dick because this is what i posted just prior to the AJ vs Whyte fight to prove I knew it would be a tough test
This is going to be an explosive firefight but maybe a bit cagey in the opening rounds. I think Joshua takes it because he's had more ring time in the past few years and fought a slightly higher level of competition and I think he can make his size work. One thing we should see is his chin tested and we'll also get to see if Whyte can take Joshua's power in return. I think Joshua by KO round 6.
Not bad eh? I must be like fucking Nostradamus! One round out that is all. Now go take your shit somewhere else you've been owned.

Joshua ducking hard.

Joshua knows that Wilder has enough firepower to get "lucky". In my opinion, he would have an easy time with everyone but an in shape Fury and Wilder. Wilder is only going to get better. He should take the fight with Fury and Wilder as early as possible or do everything to avoid Fury and Wilder to keep the belt. I guess he is choosing the latter. I think in Wilder's last fight he saw something that was sloppy and at the same time pretty dangerous.

Some weird stuff has come out lately that makes me question AJ's confidence about the prospect of fighting Wilder. Here's what I mean:
1. he says he is afraid of losing and having it on his record.
2. he says he doesn't want Wilder to climb into the ring during the post-fight interview
3. now this, "freezing out" talk, using politics to avoid Wilder

On paper, I had AJ as the favourite if he fights Windmill, but, taken together, these comments speak to a man that is not confident. He also comes across as pretentious and entitled here, and I don't think that is becoming of someone that likes to tout himself as a role model.

Wilder has the confidence edge when/if they fight.

Some weird stuff has come out lately that makes me question AJ's confidence about the prospect of fighting Wilder. Here's what I mean:
2. he says he doesn't want Wilder to climb into the ring during the post-fight interview

On paper, I had AJ as the favourite if he fights Windmill, but, taken together, these comments speak to a man that is not confident. He also comes across as pretentious and entitled here, and I don't think that is becoming of someone that likes to tout himself as a role model.

yeah I don't see how this whole "Wilder needs to fight Whyte or AJ wants to rematch Whyte" shit is flying with some ppl. As mentioned earlier itt, maybe's it's Hearn just trying to make a quick buck off of an in house fight or get some money off of Whyte to go get ko'd by Wilder, but even then, man, it all goes back to AJ.

After the Takam fight he said some stuff sounded kind of evasive and weird to me, then this stuff you're talking about. It's not like this is all Hearn's idea, AJ has a say here. Freezing a guy out for one of the biggest fights in boxing, it's not like with Floyd when he truly belived Pac was roided out, they're both being tested frequently and randomly.

Seems to me he's threatening to freeze Wilder out for no other reason than Wilder's yelling at him too much and he's getting annoyed. That is a shitty reason. Sit down and make a deal, I bet Wlder and AJ will both come to realize that both will get paid their worth and then some. This seems like it's pretty straightforward, Deontay's talking shit and wants the fight AJ's playing games that make him look like he's not all that interested and he'll take easier fights if he feels like it. Very reminiscent of Canelo/GGG if you ask me.

Ok stop being a dick because this is what i posted just prior to the AJ vs Whyte fight to prove I knew it would be a tough test
Not bad eh? I must be like fucking Nostradamus! One round out that is all. Now go take your shit somewhere else you've been owned.
Which part of this “owned me”? You predicted Joshua finishing someone he was favored -1600 over? Goodness. You must be a Vegas bookie.

The fact that you predicted Joshua to knock him out by round 6 just furthers my point that Whyte isnt shit and wasnt considered shit leading up to the fight lol.

Which part of this “owned me”? You predicted Joshua finishing someone he was favored -1600 over? Goodness. You must be a Vegas bookie.

The fact that you predicted Joshua to knock him out by round 6 just furthers my point that Whyte isnt shit and wasnt considered shit leading up to the fight lol.
LOL you are a fucking joke! I proved without a shadow of a doubt that I predicted that Whyte would be his toughest fight and that's exactly what he was. Don't matter what you say because every one can see that you've made a twat of yourself here. Carry on in denial if you want.

LOL you are a fucking joke! I proved without a shadow of a doubt that I predicted that Whyte would be his toughest fight and that's exactly what he was. Don't matter what you say because every one can see that you've made a twat of yourself here. Carry on in denial if you want.
You predicted the guy to get knocked out by round 6 and thats a tough fight huh?

Weve got very different ideas of what a tough fight is I suppose.

-1600. Ill leave it at that.

You predicted the guy to get knocked out by round 6 and thats a tough fight huh?

Weve got very different ideas of what a tough fight is I suppose.

-1600. Ill leave it at that.
Anthony Joshua was out on his feet, he was seconds away from getting stopped. Yes to my mind that is a tough fight. What's your definition?! And yes a fighter surviving 6 rounds with AJ is not some easy feat, no one had lasted that long against him up until that point. It was tough fight, no question about it.

Only a stupid fight fall for these games about being scared. Joshua is way too smart to make bad business deal to prove anyone wrong. Floyd had to deal with the same nonsense all his career about being scared of this fighter or that fighter. But end of the day this is prize fighting.......they are fighting for money. For me if Wilder truly believes he can beat him, he makes the fight accept even 25%-30%. What he gains by knocking out Joshua is far more important. Not only 3 titles.....but he will be undisputed nr 1 heavyweight in the world. I just dont understand the logic of playing the game of both being equal and bringing the same to the table. For me all it has shown is Wilder and his people are simply not serious

Only a stupid fight fall for these games about being scared. Joshua is way too smart to make bad business deal to prove anyone wrong. Floyd had to deal with the same nonsense all his career about being scared of this fighter or that fighter. But end of the day this is prize fighting.......they are fighting for money. For me if Wilder truly believes he can beat him, he makes the fight accept even 25%-30%. What he gains by knocking out Joshua is far more important. Not only 3 titles.....but he will be undisputed nr 1 heavyweight in the world. I just dont understand the logic of playing the game of both being equal and bringing the same to the table. For me all it has shown is Wilder and his people are simply not serious
I agree with you, certainly dont think AJ fears anyone.

But, can you see how your post contradicts itself? You say “this is prize fighting... they are fightin for money.” Why is that ok for AJ but you say Wilder should just take whatever?

Wilder knows hes not getting 50%. But you dont start negotiations at your bottom dollar.

Wilder knows hes not getting 50%. But you dont start negotiations at your bottom dollar.

It shouoldn't be that hard to understand.

Stupid on Joshua's part because loudmouths get everyone paid significantly more. Every time Wilder steps in front of a camera and goes off on a rant it puts money in the bank. The spectacle gets covered by places that wouldn't normally give a shit about the fight and casuals get excited. As much as we clown of fair-weather boxing fans they bring serious money to the table. That is how boxing has worked since the beginning of time. Make a fool of yourself outside of the ring in exchange for more money inside of the ring. Wilder knows that shit. Floyd knew that shit. Apollo Creed had it down to a science. Even Broner made millions he didn't deserve by putting on a show in the post-fight stuff.
In theory you are right, but for some odd reason Wilder just does not have any star power. He's unknown in his own country. Conor probably has a bigger fan base in the US than Wilder. He aint the A side that's for sure.

Joshua knows that Wilder has enough firepower to get "lucky". In my opinion, he would have an easy time with everyone but an in shape Fury and Wilder. Wilder is only going to get better. He should take the fight with Fury and Wilder as early as possible or do everything to avoid Fury and Wilder to keep the belt. I guess he is choosing the latter. I think in Wilder's last fight he saw something that was sloppy and at the same time pretty dangerous.
This is absolutely ridiculous. Wilder is only going to get better?

Guy has had 40 fights and one title bout with Ortiz being his only legimate test.

You think Anthony Joshua who's picked up the game ridiculously quickly has a far better technical boxing game and ability to learn fast isn't going to get better?

Why are you mentioning fury? I agree Deontay has a decent shot at a fluke power shot. But I think that is it.

Some seriously deluded bell whacks on here. Joshua would destroy Wilder, the reason he doesn’t want him in the ring is because the fight isn’t signed. Simple.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Wilder is only going to get better?

Guy has had 40 fights and one title bout with Ortiz being his only legimate test.

You think Anthony Joshua who's picked up the game ridiculously quickly has a far better technical boxing game and ability to learn fast isn't going to get better?

Why are you mentioning fury? I agree Deontay has a decent shot at a fluke power shot. But I think that is it.

Wilder shouldn't on boxing ability beat Ortiz but he sparked him out. Foreman avoided Shavers for the sole reason that Shavers hit too hard. Boxers know that real power is genuinely scary it itself. If he thought Wilder was a can, he would take the fight and cash the check.

Back