Josh Thomson with the most realistic take on Khabib vs Conor

Doesn't matter if Khabib has done it everyone unless one of those people are Conor

Conor punches everyone he fights in the face really hard...Khabib would be no different...See how that works?

His opinion may be held in high regard, still doesn't make it a fact tho.

If Conor beat Frankie Edgar convincingly I would agree with you but Conor has been protected from such unfavorable matchups.

Hence the punching everyone in the face he has (favorably) fought.

Please don't bring up late replacement Mendes.

Khabib is a very strong and big 155 lber and has ridiculous cardio and pace. I would even favor him over Ferguson.

Khabib has to be the worst striker Conor has faced in a while, I don't see him surviving more than 30-45 seconds.

Josh thomson with the most realistic take...

Then proceeds to say he has little to no chance at all to win, even tho his standup is many levels above Khabib's and every fight starts out on the feet.

TS is a fool and so is Thomson, that is my realistic take on this thread.

Conor
10/10 Striking
7/10 Grappling

Khabib
10/10 Grappling
3/10 Striking

do the math. The best strikers in the sport get butchered by Conor. Imagine what he would do to Khabib, who literally closes his eyes and lunges forward swinging.

If Conor beat Frankie Edgar convincingly I would agree with you but Conor has been protected from such unfavorable matchups.

Hence the punching everyone in the face he has (favorably) fought.

Please don't bring up late replacement Mendes.

Khabib is a very strong and big 155 lber and has ridiculous cardio and pace. I would even favor him over Ferguson.
If Khabib had beaten anyone with the striking prowess of Conor I would have agreed with the other guy

Khabib has put all his favourable matchups against the cage, he's been protected.

Conor has a chance early (and i mean like the first 10 seconds before Khabib shoots), but if he can't get the quick finish Khabib will maul him

Very interesting debate between Thomson and Schaub on who takes this one. Timestamped.

i think conor vs khabib would be a huge fight if khabib shows up and wins his next fights. this fight would generate big ppv, can bring the ufc to russia, defines legacy, is a stylistic matchup and this fight has a story (since conor took the title fight away from khabib against alvarez). conor vs gsp doesnt have any story. it would be bigger than a conor vs gsp thing, because this fight is a game in the division in that conor is.

MJ landed 3 clean shots and a few leg kicks. At no point was Khabib stunned. The shot that supposedly stunned him, the right hook, landed clean but Khabib's senses were sharp enough to avoid the follow ups and immediate pressure forward again.

Conor could finish him early but TKOing would be difficult if he's unwilling to follow him to the ground. Otherwise he'd have to aim for a clean KO witch is not easy.

i dont understand why people make these 3 shots from johnson so big.

conor got taken down by mendez a couple times, nobody complains.

ferguson got dominated by lee in parts of the fight, nobody complains.

but khabib gets 3 shots from johnson people do so it is something that never happenend bevore in the ufc. khabib doesnt even lost the round but conor lost a round against mendez and tony lost a round to lee and he also lost a round to RDA. but the people doesnt care about that.. but these 3 shots from johnson... IMPORTAND like HELL...

Last edited:
Conor's better on the ground than Khabib is on the feet.

Maybe, but does that matter? Khabib has a WAY better chance of getting the fight to the ground then Conor does of keeping it on the feet. With Khabib's style, Conor will gas quickly

Conor has the best punches and bat distance control

His distance control is good, but overrated due to the Eddie fight. He couldn't keep Nate off of him whenever he pushed forward (Floyd too, but not counting that) and Chad "Mini" Mendes had no problems closing distance on Conor

60/40 conor since the fight starts on the fight. It'l be a lot easier for khabib to avoid big shots than it will conor trying to defend/stand up from the takedown. Khabibs GNP is scary I genuinely felt bad for Michael Johnson and he also has subs.

Even MJ rocked Khabib

Can people fuck off with this?! Khabib was hardly fazed. People just think that because Joe was yelling about it.

Here is Khabib right after the punch. Does he look rocked to you?
giphy.gif

LNP and ground game.

LnP? Khabib would maul Conor on the ground! And lol at you thinking Conor would have the cardio to go the distance vs someone with Khabibs style

Thompson makes a great point about the clinch work. That's something that gets overlooked a lot by fans, I think. If it isn't a Thai plum with knees and slicing elbows over the top, we tend not to notice it.

Back